• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Morrissey

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ

His lyrics seem really Fi at times, and I swear he man is in my head :wub:, but in interviews he extroverts feeling and is definitely Ni-dom. He has a habit of stating these firm opinions, but then he'll sort of back up & broaden his meaning behind them. The contrast is actually interesting. Plus, he has the whole martyr face going on, hehehe.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
wow I'm surprised that only 2 people have an opinion Mozza's type! But I have to agree with you two I would say INFJ as well.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
wow I'm surprised that only 2 people have an opinion Mozza's type! But I have to agree with you two I would say INFJ as well.

Well, it's been done several times over. And he isn't the most likable person alive. Did I say he was alive? Dang!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
eh's not dead yet?!? :huh:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Well, it's been done several times over.

You can never do Morrissey too many times.

I quite like him (despite the animal rights thing), a lot of the time I think people don't get his irony. As Johnny Marr said he's alright deep down he just needs to get laid.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You can never do Morrissey too many times.

I quite like him (despite the animal rights thing), a lot of the time I think people don't get his irony. As Johnny Marr said he's alright deep down he just needs to get laid.

A lot of people like him whether or not they get the irony. By no means does/did he have the market cornered on crooned/morbid songs; pat fish and the jazz butcher were right there with them in '83, only he wasn't gay/wrote superior/sharper lyrics and max eider didn't borrow ideas from disco songs. Last I heard, radio disney was funding the music moz was releasing.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
^^^So it's not just a myth about Fi being pretentious then? :tongue:

But I think you are overstating your case, just because not every Morrissey album may be world-chaning it's a little bit ridiculous to claim he's completely uninteresting (you might have "had your fill" but that's a different issue).

For example The Smiths were an important cultural phenomenon and expressed the "zeitgeist" of a generation.

Ok Mozza solo, I would agree, really missed Johnny Marr and often went into self-indulgence and uninspired songs. Each to their own I guess, I really like the albums Vauxhall and I and Your Arsenal, less so Kill Uncle (which ironically was the most innovative). But whatever you like or dislike about those albums they were hardly "disney music".

I think it would be pretty philistine to judge an artists whole career just on their last 3 albums. Bob Dylan now plays at corporation Christmas parties but does that change his earlier importance?