User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Morrissey

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default Morrissey

INFJ or INFP?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    INFJ or INFP?
    INFJ, I vote. Such concrete ideas about the world, but rising out of some strong N going on.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFJ

His lyrics seem really Fi at times, and I swear he man is in my head , but in interviews he extroverts feeling and is definitely Ni-dom. He has a habit of stating these firm opinions, but then he'll sort of back up & broaden his meaning behind them. The contrast is actually interesting. Plus, he has the whole martyr face going on, hehehe.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

wow I'm surprised that only 2 people have an opinion Mozza's type! But I have to agree with you two I would say INFJ as well.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

INFJ
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

wow I'm surprised that only 2 people have an opinion Mozza's type! But I have to agree with you two I would say INFJ as well.
    Well, it's been done several times over. And he isn't the most likable person alive. Did I say he was alive? Dang!

thinking of you

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

eh's not dead yet?!?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Well, it's been done several times over.
    You can never do Morrissey too many times.

I quite like him (despite the animal rights thing), a lot of the time I think people don't get his irony. As Johnny Marr said he's alright deep down he just needs to get laid.

Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You can never do Morrissey too many times.

I quite like him (despite the animal rights thing), a lot of the time I think people don't get his irony. As Johnny Marr said he's alright deep down he just needs to get laid.
    A lot of people like him whether or not they get the irony. By no means does/did he have the market cornered on crooned/morbid songs; pat fish and the jazz butcher were right there with them in '83, only he wasn't gay/wrote superior/sharper lyrics and max eider didn't borrow ideas from disco songs. Last I heard, radio disney was funding the music moz was releasing.

thinking of you

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^So it's not just a myth about Fi being pretentious then?

But I think you are overstating your case, just because not every Morrissey album may be world-chaning it's a little bit ridiculous to claim he's completely uninteresting (you might have "had your fill" but that's a different issue).

For example The Smiths were an important cultural phenomenon and expressed the "zeitgeist" of a generation.

Ok Mozza solo, I would agree, really missed Johnny Marr and often went into self-indulgence and uninspired songs. Each to their own I guess, I really like the albums Vauxhall and I and Your Arsenal, less so Kill Uncle (which ironically was the most innovative). But whatever you like or dislike about those albums they were hardly "disney music".

I think it would be pretty philistine to judge an artists whole career just on their last 3 albums. Bob Dylan now plays at corporation Christmas parties but does that change his earlier importance?