• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Modern Economists

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Naomi Klein: ENFJ
Michael Moore: ENFJ
Milton Friedman: INTP
David Friedman: ENTP
Greg Mankiw: ENTP
Hayek: INTP
Krugman: INTJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with David Friedman and Hayek.

I did'nt know that Michael Moore was an economist:rolleyes:, but ENFJ coud fit with him, I've seen him typed as ENTJ and ENTP...even ENFP could be decent for me. EN for sure.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5

...what? There exists a fairly clear distinction between economists and activist hacks. If you want an actual voice of left-wing economics on this list aside from Paul Krugman (who has himself degenerated into opinion-piece hackery since the mid-90s), I'd take a look at John Maynard Keynes (a definite INTJ) or Joseph Stiglitz (likely an ENFP).

Blackwater said:

I took him for more of a J, personally. I agree with most of the others you typed.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Naomi Klein: CUNT
Michael Moore: PEST
Krugman: DUMB
Keynes: DICK
Hayek: NERD

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
yes, i know that moore and klein arent real economists. still, the presume themselves to be wise in those matters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, they're not. End of story.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
David Friedman: ENTP
Greg Mankiw: ENTP
Hayek: INTP
Krugman: INTJ

Naomi Klein: CUNT
Michael Moore: PEST
Krugman: DUMB
Keynes: DICK
Hayek: NERD

The post below is just as plausible as the post above. Why is Krugman an INTJ, because he is quiet, imaginative, analytical and organized? Why is Michael Moore an ENFJ, because he is passionate about causes, outgoing, organized and creative? I bet I could use this same method construct an interpretation for Moore as an ISTJ and Krugman ESFP.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
My opinion (excluding Klein and Moore, I don't think they can be called economists):
Friedman (Milton) - ENTJ
He's quite opinionated and friendly - in his own cutthroat way - during interviews. Strong believer in self-determination/entrepreneurship, most of his economic model deal with the dynamics of the economic/monetary system, which is usually what Te/Ni is best suited for.

Mankiw - INTP
Seems to have fallen into the economics field simply because it was the path of least resistance, judging by his short bio. Typical of IP temperament. Laid-back and philosophical attitude confirm his IP-ish-ness. NT is a standard typing for academics, but I suppose it could equally be argued that he's an ISFP.

Krugman - ENFP
Brillant papers and economic models, yet his tendency towards emotional/interpersonal stances in economic matters (especially in his blog) still give him some trouble, given that economics is a T-dominant field.

rav3n

Naomi Klein - not an Economist.
Michael Moore: - not an Economist.
Milton Friedman - xNTJ
David Friedman - not sure so I'll go with your call.
Greg Mankiw: It's difficult to synchronise his public speaking, interviews and writings into one type.
Hayek - never seen him lecture, too young, so I'll go with your call.
Krugman - INTJ - agreed.

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Classical economists:

Adam Smith- INTJ
David Ricardo- INTP
Karl Marx- INTP
Hayek- I actually think INTJ. The fact he pioneered praxeology (which is essentially the view that theories are true because he says they are) tells me he was probably an Fi user.
John Maynard Keynes- INTJ
Murray Rothbard- ENFP