Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    Hades and Athena both strike me as INTJ. Hermes is a probable ENTP. Ares is certainly no N - likely an ESTP. Aphrodite is also not an N, a blatant ESFP.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment.

MBTI
    eNFP

This thread is a wee bit old but I'd like to put in my (Biased) Opinion.
    Using THIS description of Hermes.

I think he falls under ENFP with a balanced Te/Se.
    "The myths of Hermes reveal his ingenuity, creativity, mental and physical quickness, and his friendly nature"
    Hermes didn't have as strong as an appetite for achievement as Apollo, that ENTPs seem to carry.

However I also think since people tend to give Gods attributes they like to see in themselves, It's understandable how we cant all agree on one type for each. Some of my other thoughts.

Apollo-ENTP
    Hephaestus-ISTP
    Zeus-ENTJ
    Aphrodite-ESFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I think he falls under ENFP with a balanced Te/Se.
    "The myths of Hermes reveal his ingenuity, creativity, mental and physical quickness, and his friendly nature"
    Hermes didn't have as strong as an appetite for achievement as Apollo, that ENTPs seem to carry.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    The definition of "achievement" is subjective.
    I wipe my ass with other people's definitions of "achievement"; they cower when contemplating mine.
    No need for shock, Brother.
    It all depends on who you are dealing with.
    Relativity can be a bitch, but most of the time it works in our favor.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTP

I do need to achieve. I'm just used to other people not seeing it. I want to be the last man standing.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I wipe my ass with other people's definitions of "achievement"; they cower when contemplating mine.
    I'm not really sure who this was aimed at, but a quote from the info page on Apollo, the first thing that is said.

"Apollo, Greek god of the Sun, was the original overachiever."
    Now achievement cannot be pinpointed to a MBTI type, but I think Apollo represents the same type of striving for the best that ENTPs embody.

"Though very proud of his son’s courage and prowess, Zeus was not pleased that Apollo had killed the serpent. Where could he go now when he needed advice based on her remarkable foresight?

“Not a problem”, Apollo assured him, and returned to Delphi where he took over the Temple and persuaded the priestess to teach him the art of prophecy."
    I can also see him as ENTJ.

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I do need to achieve. I'm just used to other people not seeing it. I want to be the last man standing.
    Yes, agreed. I am not concerned as to whether others "see" my achievements or not.

It's more important to me that I get paid for them, regardless of how they are valued by others. Seriously, money talks and bullshit wlaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I'm not really sure who this was aimed at, but a quote from the info page on Apollo, the first thing that is said.

"Apollo, Greek god of the Sun, was the original overachiever."
    Now achievement cannot be pinpointed to a MBTI type, but I think Apollo represents the same type of striving for the best that ENTPs embody.

"Though very proud of his son’s courage and prowess, Zeus was not pleased that Apollo had killed the serpent. Where could he go now when he needed advice based on her remarkable foresight?

“Not a problem”, Apollo assured him, and returned to Delphi where he took over the Temple and persuaded the priestess to teach him the art of prophecy."
    I can also see him as ENTJ.
    My remark was named at no one.
    My Mother's middle name is Apollonia, as is my daughter's, after my mother.

When I was a boy my Mother chastised me for referring to her as a "Saint," as she said Saints are boring and she was hardly considered as such.

If the defintion of an overachiever is someone who follows their heart and forges their reality to their liking as best they can, then that is fine with me.

Again, I'm not in this for other people's perceptions, but when they do comapre my standards to theirs, often I am labeled as an overachiever, and I maintain that is just the way I do things, and a relative comaprison to thier means of accomplishing the same endeavor. There is no guilt/shame/or superiority in such events, merely a comparison between alternatives, the victor of which is decided by he/she who has the authority to judge.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Demeter - ISFJ (Hello. She is the "mother" archetype.)
    Persephone - INFP
    Athena - ENTJ (How does anyone think she's an F? That seems ridiculous to me.)
    Hera - ESTJ
    Aphrodite - ESFP (No question. She, like Ares, represents pure sensuality. Her domain is sensual pleasure.)
    Hestia - INFJ
    Artemis - ISTP (Her and Athena are the most T of the goddesses. She is a huntress who values independence and solitude above all else.)

Hermes - ENTx
    Hades - ISTJ
    Apollo - INFP
    Zeus - ESTJ
    Ares - xSFP (His most distinctive traits are that he is purely sensual and purely emotional. No N and no T.)
    Hephaestus - ISTP
    Poseidon - No idea.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

i agree with Hades being an intj.
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.