• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calvin & Hobbes

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Calvin-Kazam.jpg

Bill Watterson is usually typed as INFP, and Calvin as ENFP, and those both sound right to me. but I don't have guesses I'm confident in for Hobbes or Calvin's parents, and I don't think any of the other characters are sufficiently developed to merit an attempt at typing. Maybe Susie Derkins.

calvin-father-on-black-and-white-pictures.0.gif

What type would be most likely to deliberately piss off his wife and just wantonly screw with his kid like that? This is not an isolated incident.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Calvin strikes me as more of an ENTP. I can definitely see dominant Ne in him, and see very little in the way of any sort of F.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Calvin: INFP
Hobbes: ENFJ
Susy: ENTJ
The Mother: ISTJ
The Father: ENTP

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Calvin: entp
Hobbes: istj
Mother: extj
Father: intp
Susy: definitely entj

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Calvin- INFJ
Hobbes- INTP
Mother- ISTJ
Father- ENTP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Calvin - ENTP
Hobbes - INTJ
Mom - ISFJ
Dad - ENTP
Susie- INFJ
Mrs Wormwood - ESFJ
Moe - ESTP
Rosalyn - ESFJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What type would be most likely to deliberately piss off his wife and just wantonly screw with his kid like that?
ENTP. I would probably have done the same thing.
lol.gif

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Calvin - ENTP
Hobbes - INTJ
Mom - ISFJ
Dad - ENTP
Susie- INFJ
Mrs Wormwood - ESFJ
Moe - ESTP
Rosalyn - ESFJ

Hobbes an INTJ? :shock:

Calvin - INFP
Hobbes - ISFP
Mom - ISTJ
Dad - INTJ
Susie - ESxJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still think E and T make more sense. His loneliness might be more correlated with being socially awkward rather than actually disliking people, and he created Hobbes to compensate. I is possible, but not likely.

F is... stupid. He is not warm at all toward his family, and most of the time he's just friendly rather than really warm towards Hobbes. Daydreaming and acting on what he values as important are NP traits rather than F traits, and NTPs are just as likely to do so as NFPs. He is not, and I repeat, he is not good-hearted at all. If he were to be an F (which he is not), he'd be an extremely selfish, spoiled and morbid Fi. Good-hearted people do not get kicks from smacking the neighbor upside the head with a snowball, or depict snowmen dying a gruesome death. Furthermore, if he was F he'd be much more motivated by Moe's bullying and much less so by boredom, whereas in reality he doesn't give much of a shit about Moe. To cinch the deal, his interests just scream Ne Ti on crack. They include:

-Exploring the forest
-Making up games on the fly
-Building gruesome snowmen just to creep out the neighbors
-Building superfortresses of his own design

Which leads me to conclude he is, in fact, an ENTP.

Hobbes is a rather caustic and diligent character -- His role is to keep Calvin grounded, or at least do his best. He does however have a significantly evil streak, which eliminates INFJ (or non-sociopathic INFJ at least) as a possibility. He's not S either, being that he's every bit as creative as Calvin, although more deliberate than him (J). He almost always wins Calvin's games through dirty trickery. He further is incapable of doing things that involve minute detail, like basic math (7 + 3 = 73 for instance).

On the other characters, you're pretty much entirely off-base. Susie is creative, bright and grumpy, and doesn't seem to have friends or like people. She plays a similar role to Hobbes, but without his naughtiness. Furthermore, she is at most an ISFJ, given she is too domineering and goody-goody to be any sort of P.

Dad is an ENTP who happens to superficially look like an ISTJ, to which the OP is testament. ISTJs do not fuck with people like that. They just don't.

Mom could be ISTJ, but she seems a little short-tempered (and warm when Calving isn't pissing her off) for it.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still think E and T make more sense. His loneliness might be more correlated with being socially awkward rather than actually disliking people, and he created Hobbes to compensate. I is possible, but not likely.

F is... stupid. He is not warm at all toward his family, and most of the time he's just friendly rather than really warm towards Hobbes. Daydreaming and acting on what he values as important are NP traits rather than F traits, and NTPs are just as likely to do so as NFPs. He is not, and I repeat, he is not good-hearted at all. If he were to be an F (which he is not), he'd be an extremely selfish, spoiled and morbid Fi. Good-hearted people do not get kicks from smacking the neighbor upside the head with a snowball, or depict snowmen dying a gruesome death. Furthermore, if he was F he'd be much more motivated by Moe's bullying and much less so by boredom, whereas in reality he doesn't give much of a shit about Moe. To cinch the deal, his interests just scream Ne Ti on crack. They include:

-Exploring the forest
-Making up games on the fly
-Building gruesome snowmen just to creep out the neighbors
-Building superfortresses of his own design

Which leads me to conclude he is, in fact, an ENTP.

Hobbes is a rather caustic and diligent character -- His role is to keep Calvin grounded, or at least do his best. He does however have a significantly evil streak, which eliminates INFJ (or non-sociopathic INFJ at least) as a possibility. He's not S either, being that he's every bit as creative as Calvin, although more deliberate than him (J). He almost always wins Calvin's games through dirty trickery. He further is incapable of doing things that involve minute detail, like basic math (7 + 3 = 73 for instance).

On the other characters, you're pretty much entirely off-base. Susie is creative, bright and grumpy, and doesn't seem to have friends or like people. She plays a similar role to Hobbes, but without his naughtiness. Furthermore, she is at most an ISFJ, given she is too domineering and goody-goody to be any sort of P.

Dad is an ENTP who happens to superficially look like an ISTJ, to which the OP is testament. ISTJs do not fuck with people like that. They just don't.

Mom could be ISTJ, but she seems a little short-tempered (and warm when Calving isn't pissing her off) for it.

Dude, wtf are you talking about?!?!?! I was just like Calvin as a kid, and NO ONE would call me EXTX.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People often change type during adolescence. I was an INTP when I was a kid.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People often change type during adolescence. I was an INTP when I was a kid.

BAH! I tested IXTJ for a damn long time. I mean a damn long time. And I'm not. But whateverrrrrrrrrr. I could relate a lot to Calvin, except I didn't make shit that scared the hell out of people except poking holes in my dolls with pins and then hiding them. HAHAHA! And throwing cars out the window and off the island in the kitchen and amusing the hell out of myself.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BAH! I tested IXTJ for a damn long time. I mean a damn long time. And I'm not. But whateverrrrrrrrrr. I could relate a lot to Calvin, except I didn't make shit that scared the hell out of people except poking holes in my dolls with pins and then hiding them.
There you go. ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There you go. ;)

Wait...so the measure of an ENTP is if you do things to scare the shit out of people???? SolitaryWalker would throw a conniption fit if he saw your folk typology, Mr. Aleks. Tsk tsk tsk. :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

LOL That literally made me laugh my ass off. :DDDDDD It's really funny, I would take a pin and go RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR, but then I'd feel guilty about 'hurting' my doll, and I'd hide it. Weird, man. Really weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhddddd.