User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Default Lie to Me & The Mentalist (All characters)

Lie to Me

Cal- ISTP
    Gillian- xxTJ
    Loker- xSTJ
    Ria- ESxP
    Reynolds- ESTP

The Mentalist

Jane- INFx (Fake psychic Jane was ENTP)
    Lisbon- ESTJ (She enables Jane because she has a thing for him)
    Cho- xSTP
    Rigsby- ESTP
    Van Pelt- ISFJ
    Minelli- ESTJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Riva

Cal- ISTj

ISTJs are the kings of observational skills. ISTP would be good at it if they find it interesting and useful. On the otherhand ISTJs are naturally observant (Si). They just are.

Riva

ISTP Vs ISTJ (Sherlock Holmes Vs Cal Lightman)

Both are brilliant detectives. But they have such different ways of solving cases.

Sherlock Holmes would use Ti -
    Ti would take things apart and figure out how it works or how it happened.

Cal would use Si -
    Si would store data and information, then compare and contrast the current situation with a similar one. This is what Cal does. He has gone around the world. To 100s of countries meeting thousands of people. He compares what he has studied (learned) with what he sees.

ISTP Vs ISTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I actually think Cal may be INTP. He trained himself to be observant after his mother's suicide.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I actually think Cal may be INTP. He trained himself to be observant after his mother's suicide.
    Anyway he has such a simple way of life. He does not think too much. Does not tend to introspect (N types). He is more much more observant than introspective. these are S type characteristics.

He has very well developed Si for sure.

------

For him micro expressions explains everything. He uses that to the best of his abilities and does not seem to give too much thought in to learning new skills. Has struck gold with M expressions. Again that is very much an S type characteristic.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Anyway he has such a simple way of life. He does not think too much. Does not tend to introspect (N types). He is more much more observant than introspective. these are S type characteristics.

He has very well developed Si for sure.
    What do you mean he doesn't think? He plots a lot. Reminds me of House (ENTP) but he doesn't require others so much (and is more mature).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Again, he's not a "natural" at reading people. He studied it for years while developing his theories. Unlike whatshername he recruited that does it without training.

Riva

What do you mean he doesn't think? He plots a lot. Reminds me of House (ENTP) but he doesn't require others so much (and is more mature).
    S types can plot. Doesn't take a genius to do that if you have been working in that kind of field for such a long time. And I think he has been in it for around 20 years.

What I meant by not think too much is, he doesn't seem to contemplate like all those lousy INTPs do.

Riva

Again, he's not a "natural" at reading people. He studied it for years while developing his theories. Unlike whatshername he recruited that does it without training.
    The skills he went around acquiring are not the type of skills people do using card. I think he went around the world to confirm his theory on Micro expressions. Not that it took him so long to figure it out. The mothers death serves as a reason why the main character is so obsessed with finding the truth. He is naturally an aloof, cold person. Not the type who would be obsessed with finding the truth to help people. It's just a character development to justify his obsession.

And ISTJs are not naturally in to observing the facial expressions on people as to how they feel. But Cal is. The reason is the mother's video. His mother's video showed him what he missed all his life. Reading people's faces to read their emotions. Then naturally as a ISTJ he started expanding on his observations.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Cal- ISTj

ISTJs are the kings of observational skills. ISTP would be good at it if they find it interesting and useful. On the otherhand ISTJs are naturally observant (Si). They just are.
    Cal seems to find microexpressions quite useful (And really, who wouldn't?). I just think he's too much of a loose cannon -- I don't buy J.

Oh, and Sherlock Holmes is an N, like House is. He takes out of place details and quickly ties them into a greater picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole