12311 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Default Firefly characters

I've seen threads for typing the crew of the Serenity on other MBTI forums, but none on here. So, without further ado, here are my guesses:

Captain Malcolm Reynolds - ENTP
    Zoe Alleyne Washbourne - ISTJ
    Hoban Washbourne - ENFP
    Inara Serra - ENFJ
    Jayne Cobb - ISTP
    Kaywinnit Lee Fry - ExFP (probably ESFP)
    Dr. Simon Tam - INTJ
    River Tam - a mentally disturbed INTP
    Shepherd Derrial Book - he's quite clearly hiding something, but the image he projects is one of an INFJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Kaylee seems pretty S to me.

Mal could be F.

What's your reasoning on Wash's N? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just having a tough time figuring him out in that regard right now.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Kaylee seems pretty S to me.
    I agree, hence why I said "probably ESFP." She does have several weird N-like quirks however, chief among them being treating the Serenity as if it were a person.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers
    Mal could be F.
    I find that doubtful. He definitely has a degree of Fe, but he certainly does not base his decisions on emotions - they merely motivate him in certain instances.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers
    What's your reasoning on Wash's N? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just having a tough time figuring him out in that regard right now.
    I found that tough as well - I saw no signs of either N or S in his general everyday behavior. However, his piloting is very experimental in nature. He tries random possibilities to get the Serenity out of tight spots, indicating both N and P. One could also point to his introduction, wherein he's playing out a conversation between toy dinosaurs, showing that he's at least somewhat imaginative.

Oooh. I like this show. Why do you think Inara is an ENFJ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Oooh. I like this show. Why do you think Inara is an ENFJ?
    Her conversations display a clearly emotional and abstract mind (F and N). She's constantly prepared for situations that arise, as can be seen in the first episode with her getting ready for a suicide attempt in the impending Reaver attack, as well as in how well-planned her shuttle provisions were in Out of Gas (J). Her extroversion is the only fuzzy bit, but here is my reasoning: while she's certainly more subdued than most extroverts, she gets genuine enjoyment from her job, half of which is talking to people (the other half being... doing other things with people ). She seems to be energized by social contact, the definition of extroversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    Her conversations display a clearly emotional and abstract mind (F and N). She's constantly prepared for situations that arise, as can be seen in the first episode with her getting ready for a suicide attempt in the impending Reaver attack, as well as in how well-planned her shuttle provisions were in Out of Gas (J). Her extroversion is the only fuzzy bit, but here is my reasoning: while she's certainly more subdued than most extroverts, she gets genuine enjoyment from her job, half of which is talking to people (the other half being... doing other things with people ). She seems to be energized by social contact, the definition of extroversion.
    Yeah, I guess I was surprised by the E...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Yeah, I guess I was surprised by the E...
    My gut instinct was INFJ based on how she interacts with the rest of the Serenity's crew, but she seems to just be a soft-spoken extrovert, given that she is energized by social interaction.

Is she energized though? It seems like she needs a lot of alone time. Maybe she is just a very well-socialized introvert... (or maybe she is an extrovert... I don't even know if I am an extrovert or an introvert).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Is she energized though? It seems like she needs a lot of alone time. Maybe she is just a very well-socialized introvert... (or maybe she is an extrovert... I don't even know if I am an extrovert or an introvert).
    It's true that she seems to spend a large degree of time alone in her quarters. However, she actively enjoys chatting with people outside of the ship, as can be seen at the party in Shindig and at the mayor's manor in Jaynestown. I think she may have just wanted to avoid Mal while on the ship, quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    It's true that she seems to spend a large degree of time alone in her quarters. However, she actively enjoys chatting with people outside of the ship, as can be seen at the party in Shindig and at the mayor's manor in Jaynestown. I think she may have just wanted to avoid Mal while on the ship, quite frankly.
    Does she actively enjoy it, or has she been trained to appear that way as part of her profession?