User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

"And we will call it...this land..."

^ picture-perfect example of relying waaaaaaay too much on Ne.

Mal could be ESTP. Definitely P, definitely E, probably T.

River and Simon are the classic INTP/INTJ dichotomy, as kids. As adults, it's even more so... Simon might seem S or F but that's what decades of schooling does to INTJs. River's uncontrollable emotions are more indicative of underdeveloped (or rather, damaged) F than of F preference.

Patterns, particularly the screamingly obvious pattern clues constantly uttered by his sister, can stare him right in the face and he will stare back slack-jawed, holding on for some further opportunity to be obsequiously snotty or suffocatingly caring.
    Ironic that this pattern is staring you in the face and you're not seeing it
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    "And we will call it...this land..."

^ picture-perfect example of relying waaaaaaay too much on Ne.
    hey... I suck enough at naming things that the dog got named after the first song on the radio after picking him up
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Mal isn't an introvert, and he very obviously has very little Si, if any at all. His mode of operation is 100% improvisational. Typing him as ENTJ is forgivable (but wrong), but typing him as ISTJ is not.

EDIT: I mean seriously, would an Si-dom ever, and I mean ever say shit like this?

I mean seriously, EVER?

Again, improvisation galore. Wash is actually much more obviously Ne-dominant than Mal is.

That would be because he lacks any Ne whatsoever. His Ni, however, is displayed full force in Ariel, where he pretty much became Michael fucking Corleone.
    An ENTP wouldn't say that shit. Have you ever met an ENTP? Mal is NOT AN ENTP.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    An ENTP wouldn't say that shit.
    An ENTP wouldn't say something as random as "we can't die because we're so pretty"? Have you ever met one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    hey... I suck enough at naming things that the dog got named after the first song on the radio after picking him up
    But would you play with toy dinosaurs, making up a scenario, on the control panel of the spaceship you're supposed to be piloting >.>
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't have toy dinosaurs

I used to consider shopping cart jousting with salamis to be a proper sport though

because that sounds much better than my OTHER hobby... deepthroating a dildo at red lights to see what people in other cars would do...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    River and Simon are the classic INTP/INTJ dichotomy, as kids. As adults, it's even more so... Simon might seem S or F but that's what decades of schooling does to INTJs.
    Projection.

INTJs--now more slavishly devoted to INTPs than ever before.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

She was his sister. INTJs are not robots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

An INTJ would enlist her cooperation in her cure. He'd demand it, even. And grow ever more weary of her issues as solution after solution failed.

So he'd listen to her when she spoke, because she's the only one who offers clues above and beyond what physical symptoms she presents, and eventually INTJ doctor-brother would craft some response around all the damn clues she keeps tossing at him. Simon, by contrast, more or less just instructs her to not have bad thoughts.

Dr. Simon Tam: But I think when they triggered you, it somehow brought this up. This memory.
    River Tam: It isn't mine. The memory, it isn't mine. And I shouldn't have to carry it. It isn't mine. Don't make me sleep again.
    Dr. Simon Tam: I won't. I won't.
    River Tam: Put a bullet to me. Bullet in the brain pan. Squish.
    Dr. Simon Tam: Don't say that! Not ever. We'll get through this.
    River Tam: Things are going to get much, much worse.

There's an INTJ brother doctor alive who isn't interested in where the memory came from? He'd track down such things looking for probable origins... and that'd be Ni and Te working together. As opposed say to extraverted feeling.

And there's INTJ doctor-brothers out there who don't follow up nutty sisters' prophecy statements?

And so on. But no, Simon cleaves to his sister almost as much as Mal follows military and seafaring traditions of captaincy.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Mal follows... what now?

EDIT: Now that I stopped laughing, I can address the rest of your dumb as shit post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    An INTJ would enlist her cooperation in her cure. He'd demand it, even. And grow ever more weary of her issues as solution after solution failed.
    INTJs are Fi. Enlisting cooperation would be more Fe, no? Besides, as I said before she is his fucking sister. Defending your sister falls under the auspices of Fi. NTJs are not entirely heartless fuckheads - maybe you are, but your sociopathy is the exception, not the rule.

So he'd listen to her when she spoke, because she's the only one who offers clues above and beyond what physical symptoms she presents, and eventually INTJ doctor-brother would craft some response around all the damn clues she keeps tossing at him. Simon, by contrast, more or less just instructs her to not have bad thoughts.
    Wrong. What you are describing is, indeed, Fe. Simon just orders her, thinking he can handle this on his own. He's using Te and Fi.

There's an INTJ brother doctor alive who isn't interested in where the memory came from?
    Ni-Te is not concerned with knowing everything about everything, so much as producing strategies and plans, refining them and implementing them; INTJs are not necessarily that inquisitive. That would fall more under the auspices of Ti.

And there's INTJ doctor-brothers out there who don't follow up nutty sisters' prophecy statements?
    Sure. Would you notice that your sister is a prophet, if she started rattling off about hands of blue and the rate at which human blood can be drained? I mean I can't speak for you, but most people, INTJs included, would view her as a schizophrenic. The most likely types to actually take notice of her supernatural capabilities would be those with a strong Ne (ENTP, ENFP, INTP, and INFP), noticing and uniting patterns being one of the key aspects of Ne. Even most of these, however, would view her as simply brain-damaged and schizophrenic.

...almost as much as Mal follows military and seafaring traditions of captaincy.
    Sorry, but this point just... fucking LOL! :yim_rolling_on_the_
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole