• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Firefly characters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite possible, but he does seem more Ti/Fe rather than Te/Fi. He lets things go almost instantly (Fe leaders are soft, Te leaders aren't), and he's got quite the heroic streak to him. The reason he looks Te is because Fillon can't play a non-Te character. I still say ENTP.
ENTP are supposed to be at least a little live and let-live, and he's not at all. He's strict and strng-willed, wich are more ENTJ traits.

S? Hell no. Inara is the second most obviously intuitive character aboard the ship, after River. She gives off a "mystical mentor" vibe very typical to NFJs, and shows a great deal of foresight.

I hav'nt seen that... For me she's above all a sexy slut with strong social and organisational skills, so ESFJ. But, yes, she could be ENFJ, but she's definetley an Fe-dom.

Wash is highly sociable, and his piloting style seems highly experimental ("improvisational" wasn't the right word -- apologies to Whatever, Se can be improvisational). He just tries different approaches he thinks up to get out of tight spots, and like Mal he does show a certain amount of foresight (this could of course be tertiary Ni, but that's highly unlikely given his Te is far too strong to be inferior -- he's actually better at planning capers than Mal is). ENFP.

Kind, quite and nice guy who's able of intense action and to find creative practical solutions to urgent problem. For me, he's ISFP.

Now this is lulzy. Simon, ESTP? Socially awkward, stuffy, businesslike Simon ESTP? Ni-on-crack Simon, who came up with an intricate plan to rob a fucking medical facility, ESTP? C'mon man, you can do better than that.

Yes, but he's more self-assured at the geginning of the first episode. But, yes, ISFJ for Simon.

Book seems a bit too quiet for an ENFJ, and not preachy enough.

He's quite, but also to much warm, greagrious and not enough withdrawing to be INFJ. He's clearly not chart-the-course, but in-charge. He's not preachy, but tolerant, but because he's a 9 as you put it, not because he's Introvert.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP are supposed to be at least a little live and let-live, and he's not at all. He's strict and strng-willed, wich are more ENTJ traits.
He's not strict at all. He lets shit go instantly, and has a very casual demeanor in business meetings (see: Fanty's prettier) that a Te-dominant would eschew. He also possesses a consistently heroic streak which can't be easily discarded as ENTJ being nice, because he appears to do it despite himself, which is indicative of tertiary Fe at work.

And then of course there's the fact he's completely directionless, and has himself admitted to such. NJs plan their life years ahead of time.

I hav'nt seen that... For me she's above all a sexy slut with strong social and organisational skills, so ESFJ. But, yes, she could be ENFJ, but she's definetley an Fe-dom.
Sexy slut? Why, because she has sex for money? Companions aren't whores, they're something of an organized sect and the whole process is highly ritualized. Keep in mind, additionally, that ENFJs are more horny (and less traditional) than ESFJs, being indeed the horniest of Intuitive types.

Kind, quite and nice guy who's able of intense action and to find creative practical solutions to urgent problem.
All of this is correct, but his ideas are not spur-of-the-moment, not based directly off his present environment. He loves to experiment, and possesses a marked amount of foresight. This could be Ni-tertiary aiding Se, but he additionally possesses a Te far too strong to be tertiary. He's a better planner than Mal is (see: him piping up before anyone else in Ariel to pick apart Simon's plan, his rescue mission in War Stories, numerous ideas for heists he's come up with that are better than Mal's, but Mal never hears them because he's a pussy and his wife's an SJ). he's further very sociable -- not an introvert at all.

Your analysis seems very superficial.

Yes, but he's more self-assured at the geginning of the first episode. But, yes, ISFJ for Simon.
Simon has no Fe. Like, at fucking all, he was wholly willing to let Kaylee die in the pilot episode if they turned him in.

guile85

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
The next person who says mal is an ISTJ is getting shot. Just no. And Mal, Inara, Jayne and Wash are extroverts. Personally I think mal shows some S with how he directs his crew and delegates tasks. Make no mistake about it he has a ton of insight into situations and is way less "Tight" then I would consider an ENTJ. Hes cooler where as an ENTJ is more "Badass" and Driver

Mal- ENTP, prolly balanced N and S
Inara - ENFJ pretty without a doubt in my oppinion
Jayne- ESTP
Simon Tam- ISTJ balanced N and S- Shows his intuitive side in ariel
River- INFP after the brain work
Zoe- INTJ
Hoban wash - ENFP maybe ESFP
Shepard Book - INTP maybe

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP