User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I don't find my own Fi to be very rational, frankly.
    How long did it take you to figure that? Keep up the progress!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    How long did it take you to figure that?
    No time at all. My own rationality is Te-based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

No time at all. My own rationality is Te-based.
    You're a hard shell to crack. Nice save.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Yep, I've heard 'em, and ESFJs and ISFJ and INFJs, too. Older ones can be more "no-nonsense" as a learned skill, just the same as TJs can learn better manners. Simon is young. This is not a sophisticated NFJ or SFJ style of speech, it's an NTJ speech, as given to someone whom he knows is very disinclined to cooperate.
    Well the FJs I'm used to are all under 25, and Simon's speech is unconscionably formal relationship-oriented. Wouldn't a Te-solution be to make a deal, not impose a deal? Extroverted thinking plus introverted feeling seems more like "Jayne, are you going to mess with me anymore? Why don't we make a deal--you don't mess with me or my sister and I don't mess with you next time you get hurt." Simon, by contrast, leaves the actual solution up to Jayne! He leaves Jayne to be as wild a card as he wants to be, expecting perhaps that Jayne will be suitably abashed at this display of, what from a surgeon amounts to "I (formally) love you"....?!?

Plus, where's Simon's inferior Se anxiety? He should be afraid of Jayne, not wearied by him.

EDIT: besides which doesn't Ariel show us Mal's solution to the question of Jayne being wearying ever again. And that solution looks a whole lot more utilitarian. And if an INTJ Simon didn't try something similar, it's because.... what, he respects Mal and the ship and is therefore okay with living in uncertainty?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Well the FJs I'm used to are all under 25, and Simon's speech is unconscionably formal relationship-oriented. Wouldn't a Te-solution be to make a deal, not impose a deal? Extroverted thinking plus introverted feeling seems more like "Jayne, are you going to mess with me anymore? Why don't we make a deal--you don't mess with me or my sister and I don't mess with you next time you get hurt." Simon, by contrast, leaves the actual solution up to Jayne! He leaves Jayne to be as wild a card as he wants to be, expecting perhaps that Jayne will be suitably abashed at this display of, what from a surgeon amounts to "I (formally) love you"....?!?
    Nah, he just left the threatening up to his lovable, deadly little sister.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Enneagram and SLOAN types of the crew:

Simon- 6w5 sp/so, RC|O|EI
    River- 5w4 sx/sp, R|L|UEI
    Inara- 9w8 sp/sx, S|C|OAI
    Book- 9w1 so/sx, RCO|A|I
    Mal- 3w2 sx/sp, |S|CUAI
    Wash- 4w5 sp/sx, SLU|A|I
    Kaylee- 7w6 sx/sp, |S|CUAI
    Jayne- 3w4 sp/sx, RCU|E|I
    Zöe- 6w7 so/sp, R|C|OEI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

I find trying to type people on TV to be a really odd thing as they dont "snap" properly together most of the time. The top layer is the character, the bottom layer is the actor. If the two are the same they "snap" together and it feels real. Otherwise you get this weird disjointed feel.

Simon- enfp actor trying to play an INTJ
    River- crazy ass nfp. the actor does an excellent job at craziness. Observe the flips in personality. I suggest the actor is an enfp as we do crazy quite well.
    Inara- infj character, infj or entp actor
    Book- infp character
    Mal- very strange-an ENTP actor trying to play a strong TJ character

Kaylee- strange-an SFP character but doing a ISTP job, but I'd guess an SFP actor
    Jayne- utterly bizarre. an esfp actor trying to play an ISTP ?? But instead of being clever like an ISTP would be, he comes across all warped and stupid, but quite funny.

These two were my favs:
    Wash- (Is this the pilot guy?) an enfp playing an enfp-He snaps nicely
    Zöe- (The pilot guys' wife?) an entp playing an entp-Again she snaps very nicely

note these two have a very fun dynamic chemistry. But if you ever want to see a beautiful portrayal of ENTP-ENFP relationship communication issues, watch the episode where the pilot gets drug off and tortured. There is a scene at the beginning where he and his wife are fighting.

the husband makes an Fi driven Te request. The wife replies in a very even Fe response of following the rules as the rules should be followed. Notice how calm she is on the surface. The husband gets more Te bitchy. The wife then slips into Ti and gets harsh. The husband replies back with a cuttingly nasty comment about there being three people in the relationship-smack. Also note that during the story she is ice cold-calm in spite of getting mel's ear in her hand-tert Fe. Note the husband is all about guns and killing people towards the end-tert Te. ENFPs make for really pissed off enemies in the short term. Pain makes us mean.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Simon- enfp actor trying to play an INTJ
    I'm not sure the actor himself is ENFP. He seems pretty flat. Simon is ISTJ though.

River- crazy ass nfp. the actor does an excellent job at craziness.

Observe the flips in personality. I suggest the actor is an enfp as we do crazy quite well.
    Unhinged INTP. Shows clear Ti (bible wrong...), has zero control of her own emotions, and is a psychic -- Fe by the very definition of it. Summer Glau herself is most likely ISFP.

Inara- infj character, infj or entp actor
    ENFJ character, no idea about Morena.

Book- infp character
    I can't see Book getting much more Ni-Fe if he tried.

Mal- very strange-an ENTP actor trying to play a strong TJ character
    Other way around. Mal is an ENTP, played by an ENTJ actor utterly incapable of playing non-Te characters.

Zöe- (The pilot guys' wife?) an entp playing an entp-Again she snaps very nicely
    Zoe is a very obvious ISTJ. Probably played by an ENTP yes, but her dialogue, thoughts and actions (as opposed to her demeanor) say SJ to the core.

As you mentioned it is indeed very difficult to separate a character's types from the actor's, but that's only if you attempt visual typology. An actor can change how the character acts, but he can't change the script.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

As you mentioned it is indeed very difficult to separate a character's types from the actor's, but that's only if you attempt visual typology. An actor can change how the character acts, but he can't change the script.
    DAMN YOU ALEKSEI!!!!!!

okay I dunno about your ideas, however the above is an excellent point. However to do it this way Id need to print out the script itself and look through the text for consistency and wording.

You showed a Ti like precision in how you observing what they SAY, rather than what they are/do/were/become. I just see them as blurs, combinations of all of this that I have to piece out functionally.

(Zoe is totally an ENTP, because I think she is hot and sexy, yet simultaneously ice cold. Ti is soooooo precisely pointed and sexy. I adore ENTP chicks. If only I was an INFJ guy rather than an ENFP girl. Oh well....and yeah that doc guy would not have been a dr if the character was an ISTJ)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    DAMN YOU ALEKSEI!!!!!!

okay I dunno about your ideas, however the above is an excellent point. However to do it this way Id need to print out the script itself and look through the text for consistency and wording.
    Ahh, I see I see. Well, I could tell you why I think each character is the type that he is and you can work from there.

Mal is an ENTP played by an ENTJ rather than the other way around, for a few reasons: First his rather goofy sense of humor is very indicative of Ne-dominance, especially because of how prominently displayed it is in stressful or serious situations -- a Te dominant would be more focused on the task at hand. Second he lets things go almost instantly, which is indicative of Fe leadership. He also shows a consistent undercurrent of relatively weak, tertiary Fe, evidenced by his heroic antics, despite fancying himself a scoundrel. Finally there's the fact he's directionless, going, by his own admission, where the wind takes him. He has the highly directive and curt demeanor of a Te-dom, but his actions say ENTP.

Oh, and he's a total metalhead. He knows the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, which means he either reads Coleridge (unlikely), or he's an Iron Maiden fan.

Simon I believe is most likely ISTJ for reasons stated earlier in this thread. He doesn't plan past the task at hand (whereas INTJs plan for the very, very long term), and he polishes his plans to the point of perfection which indicates a preoccupation with details.

Zöe is too much of a follower, and too unsociable, to be anything but ISTJ. She never contradicts the captain, even at Wash's insistence. (Wash being too much of a pussy to do it himself).

Inara is likely an extrovert, because she appears to genuinely enjoy her job (which is as social as it gets), and she appeared to be having a pretty good time in Shindig (Kaylee was having the time of her life, obvious ESFP is obvious).

Book clearly plays the part of a pious, Fe-using holy man. Whether he is or not is never known (it could be an act).

You showed a Ti like precision in how you observing what they SAY, rather than what they are/do/were/become. I just see them as blurs, combinations of all of this that I have to piece out functionally.
    that could be Ti, yeah, though it could be Te + Si as well. Ti, remember, is more about eking out what details mean rather than just noticing the details themselves. Ne, Ti and Si can work in tandem in a way thayt can resemble Ti, but isn't really.

(Zoe is totally an ENTP, because I think she is hot and sexy, yet simultaneously ice cold. Ti is soooooo precisely pointed and sexy.
    I highly doubt she's ENTP on the grounds that she's unsociable, and a follower. She sometimes is nervous about Mal's harebrained schemes, but she nevertheless shows an absolute loyalty and willingness to follow him to the depths of hell if need be, that could only be SJ in nature. That means she could only be ISFJ or ISTJ, and she's far too curt to be an ISFJ.

I adore ENTP chicks. If only I was an INFJ guy rather than an ENFP girl.
    What a coincidence, I adore ENTP chicks too.

Oh well....and yeah that doc guy would not have been a dr if the character was an ISTJ)
    Hmm? How so?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole