User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Chloe:

Chloe:

These tests, although popular, are unreliable. Not because I say they are unreliable. Measured on the basis of test-retest results they produce different results 60-70% of the time. That is basically my point. You aren't necessarily what the test says you are. You aren't necessarily what you think you are. And certainly other people aren't necessarily what you think they are.

Statistically INFP's show up as 4 and 9. Statistically ENTP's show up as 8 and 3

Your INFP's that are showing up as 8's? Send me a photograph etc. and I'll give them some data that might help them figure things out. You can never get enough data and viewpoints for something as important as self-identity.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post
    Chloe:

Chloe:

These tests, although popular, are unreliable. Not because I say they are unreliable. Measured on the basis of test-retest results they produce different results 60-70% of the time. That is basically my point. You aren't necessarily what the test says you are. You aren't necessarily what you think you are. And certainly other people aren't necessarily what you think they are.

Statistically INFP's show up as 4 and 9. Statistically ENTP's show up as 8 and 3

Your INFP's that are showing up as 8's? Send me a photograph etc. and I'll sort out their problem.
    The INFP 8s I know didnt determine their type by test. They are in MBTI and Enneagram circles; doing it for business for years. I mean one INFP 8 i know, other is not in that world for profession

They know themselves. It doesnt take to be genius to figure do you prefer P/J or F/T, and what enneagram type you are, if you're in this for years. You can go wrong with 1 letter, but not much more. And I am sure they are INFP 8

Chloe:

I would expect professional typologists to come up with results that are in line with statistics based on large numbers.

A person is least capable of making objective decisions about their own personalities.

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”

Epiphany

Usually individuals with Johnny Depp's somatotype would be considered 8 enneagram.

INFP's are more like a 4 enneagram.

Maybe we should call this field "Depp Psychology"
    Johnny Depp is almost always typed as Enneagram 4. Go to Google, type in "Johnny Depp" and "Enneagram" and what results do you come up with?

You are getting his personality mixed up with some of his roles. Those teen girl heart throb sensitive characters were not his favorite roles. His favorite character is Jack Sparrow.
    IMDB: Frequently cites Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)) and Edward Scissorhands (1990) as the favorite characters that he has played.

Quotes:

"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying."

"The characters I've played, that I've responded to, there has been a lost-soul quality to them."

"Am I a romantic? I've seen Wuthering Heights (1939) ten times. I'm a romantic."

"I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it."

"Those are things that are out of my control. It's very nice to be appreciated, but I'm not really comfortable with it. I've never liked being the centre of attention. It comes with the territory."

"As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition, too."

"When I see someone who just follows their dream and succeeds, and just does basically what they want to do and doesn't have to answer to anyone, obviously not harming anyone, that's great."

"I've gotten weird letters, suicide letters, girls threatening to jump if I don't get in touch with them. So you think, This is bullshit, but then you think, What if it's not? Who wants to take that chance? I write them back, tell them to hang in there - if things are that bad they have to get better. But I'm not altogether stable myself, so who am I to give advice?"

These quotes don't seem to support your ENTP theory.

It seems that you overlooked my original question, so I'll ask it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Are you suggesting that people of each personality type have the same physical appearance? If someone's body changes over time, does their personality change to correspond with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Johnny Depp is almost always typed as Enneagram 4. Go to Google, type in "Johnny Depp" and "Enneagram" and what do you come up with?.
    i also think he's 4, but there are also infp 8s, which i had to say here.

Chloe:

I would expect professional typologists to come up with results that are in line with statistics based on large numbers.

A person is least capable of making objective decisions about their own personalities.
    he wasnt only typed by himself, by other people in the business.

but we dont need to derail this thread more

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Psychdigg makes me lol. Very hard.

Seriously, any of you guys take this joker seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Aleksei:

Aleksei:

How about a rebuttal. You are playing to the gallery. Does it really matter who takes this seriously? Obviously all paradigm change takes place with out a popular vote. It doesn't matter to me if this is accepted by you or anyone. I will continue my research.

You have a test that is unreliable. So enjoy it. Bury your head in the sand. Ignore any other possibilities. You deserve what you explore.

Chloe:

Sorry but "experts" are often wrong. I am an expert at somatotyping. I really can't decide myself what type anyone is. Your body tells it all. If your imagined or preferred type is out of sync with your inherited behavioral potential there is something in your environment that threw you off. If your preferred type is way off then you are dealing with maladaptation and need serious therapy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Aleksei:

Aleksei:

How about a rebuttal.
    I was going to type one out, but then I decided I couldn't be bothered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole