• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The other House characters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, yeah. That's because I saw her actions more in-depth and decided Ni doesn't fit.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, no. All that's required is for them to fit the functional order of an N type. Foreman and Taub for example, are not very comfortable with intuitive thinking (preferring to use Te, poking holes in other peoples' theories), but they both show flashes of Ni (foresight), and no Si (reliance on memory and experience). Ergo, they are both INTJ, as opposed to ISTJ. Then there's Cuddy, who shows signs of Ne (hypothesizing, theories, zany ideas plucked from thin air) used in support of Te (organization and efficient management) and Fi (values), which means she is either Ne Fi Te Si (ENFP), or Te Si Ne Fi (ESTJ). She's nowhere near enough of a hardass for the latter, so I guessed the former. And so on, and so forth.

....I don't even know where to begin! S types can never have flashes of foresight? Foreman doesn't use Si? I don't think that you really understand Si, to be honest. Foreman is always relying on previous experiences and is usually the one to challenge House's crazy ideas. He's methodical and, on the whole, pretty linear in his thinking. Does that mean he can never have moments of insight? Of course not. Does it mean that he isn't a great doctor and valuable asset to House's team? No. I think you're expanding Te's definition to cover more than it actually does cover. It's a judgement function, and it doesn't dictate the way that people perceive the world.

I think you're being way too stereotypical in your typing, for a lot of reasons. A person of a certain type doesn't have to act any particular way. The functions are preferences, but they don't preclude, say, sensors from ever using intuition or vice versa. I strongly suspect that, whether consciously or not, you're equating intuition with intelligence in your typing, which is a mistake.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never known Cuddy to be zany, impulsive, bubbly or what not. She's the take-charge type and actually needs to be engaged to be playful. Not to mention she follows a strict routine that would drive *any* ENFP up the wall. She can instantly estimate what consequences the crazy acts of House will have on the hospital again and predicts his most of his crazy moves with remarkable accuracy.

Seriously. ENTJ.

/end discussion

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
S types can never have flashes of foresight?
Balanced SPs often do, as they're lower Ni users. ISxPs especially.

Foreman doesn't use Si? I don't think that you really understand Si, to be honest. Foreman is always relying on previous experiences and is usually the one to challenge House's crazy ideas. He's methodical and, on the whole, pretty linear in his thinking.
Te, not Si. Si is falling back on experience, memory and the established order, whereas Te challenges concepts and ideas to see whether they work. Foreman is highly likely to do the latter, while not likely at all to fall back on his own education or be a dick about rules (He's in fact as likely to break them as House is under stress -- further pointing to inferior Se).

I think you're being way too stereotypical in your typing, for a lot of reasons. A person of a certain type doesn't have to act any particular way. The functions are preferences, but they don't preclude, say, sensors from ever using intuition or vice versa. I strongly suspect that, whether consciously or not, you're equating intuition with intelligence in your typing, which is a mistake.
Not at all. Even if a correlation between type and intelligence exists, it is wholly irrelevant to the typing of fictional characters as fictional characters do not exist in the real world (Ninth Doctor: Genius ESFP, Howard Wolowitz: genius ESTP, etc). I an equating functional order to type, including which lower functions each type uses (SJs use Ne, SPs use Ni, and so on).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never known Cuddy to be zany, impulsive, bubbly or what not. She's the take-charge type and actually needs to be engaged to be playful. Not to mention she follows a strict routine that would drive *any* ENFP up the wall. She can instantly estimate what consequences the crazy acts of House will have on the hospital again and predicts his most of his crazy moves with remarkable accuracy.

Seriously. ENTJ.

/end discussion
Great point. Yeah, ENTJ it is.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm wondering if Foreman might not be an unsociable ENTJ, rather than INTJ. He seems to use Te significantly more than Ni, which is why he's so much stuffier than the average INTJ. Further his Se is a bit strong to be inferior given he often relies on it, and he's very obviously C-dominant (the man is a fucking robot), suggesting that Fi might be his inferior function.

On that note, let's try for full profiles of the characters:

House- ENTP, 5w4 sp/sx, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Cuddy- ENTJ, 3w2 so/sp, SC|O|AN, Field Marshal (Rational)
Wilson- INFJ, 2w1 so/sx, RCO|A|I, Counselor (Idyllic)
Cameron- ENFJ, 2w1 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Teacher (Idyllic)
Chase- ISTP, 9w8 sp/sx, |R|LOEI, Architect (Rational)
Foreman- ENTJ, 6w5 so/sp, R|C|OEI, Inspector (Guardian)
Thirteen- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, |S|LUEI, Inventor (Rational)
Taub- INTJ, 6w5 sp/so, RCO|E|I, Inspector (Guardian)
Kutner- ESTP, 7w8 sx/so, SL|U|EI, Inventor (Rational)
Amber- ESTJ, 8w7 sp/so, SLO|E|I, Promoter (Artisan)
Lucas- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RCUE|I|, Architect (Rational)

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
haha, ok, i'll play some. i agree with a lot of these, actually. and left off the characters i just don't know well enough, i slacked on the later seasons

House: ESTP 5w6 sp/sx RLUE|I|
i don't see the w4 in house as much as a phobic 6 - "everyone lies" and all
Cuddy: ENTJ 3w2 so/sp SC|O|AN
Wilson: INFJ 9w1 so/sx RCO|A|I
hard to decide between 9 and 2, but i think 9 with so
Cameron: ENFJ 2w1 sx/so SLO|A|I
i see wilson being much more inside his own head than cameron, who is more attuned to the outer world. cameron also has that warm/cold switch that ENFJs are excellent at, while wilson seems more baseline reserved, like an I.
Chase: ISTP 3w2 sp/sx RCO|E|I
Foreman: ISTJ 6w5 so/sp SCOEI

possible that amber's a 3w4 too

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House, SP? :shock: House is one of the most obviously Ne-dominant characters I've ever seen, and I watch Doctor Who. And I really do think w4 -- the guy is clearly just depressed and emo. I actually identified very strongly with him at one point in my life.

Wilson- indeed a toughie, although given that he's so damn helpful and all (to House's endless mockery) I picked 2.

Cameron- You're right, what the hell was I thinking typing her a C. :doh: :laugh:

Chase- Primary E is right, but I do think he's an L. He definitely lost his cool after killing Duvalla (sp).

Foreman- Foreman has the demeanor of an ISTJ, but I really don't think he uses any Si at all. He has more or less as much respect for the rules as House, but he's still less crazy than House because of the "grounding" effect of Te. All he ever does in differentials is poke practical holes into House's zany theories. He further does show occasional Se use (House indeed hired him precisely because of it), as well as some Ni use (on occasion he'll predict what House does before he does it). I don't see how he's Sociable though.

Amber is too vicious for a 3. She's 8, through and through.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House- ENTP, 5w4 sp/sx, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Cuddy- ENTJ, 3w2 so/sp, SC|O|AN, Field Marshal (Rational)
Wilson- INFJ, 2w1 so/sx, RCO|A|I, Counselor (Idyllic)
Cameron- ENFJ, 2w1 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Teacher (Idyllic)
Chase- ISTP, 9w8 sp/sx, |R|LOEI, Architect (Rational)
Foreman- ENTJ, 6w5 so/sp, R|C|OEI, Inspector (Guardian)
Thirteen- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, |S|LUEI, Inventor (Rational)
Taub- INTJ, 6w5 sp/so, RCO|E|I, Inspector (Guardian)
Kutner- ESTP, 7w8 sx/so, SL|U|EI, Inventor (Rational)
Amber- ESTJ, 8w7 sp/so, SLO|E|I, Promoter (Artisan)
Lucas- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RCUE|I|, Architect (Rational)

Seems decent but I've a few disagreement.

House seems more to be a Social 5w4, more likely an So/Sx.
Cuddy is an ESFJ 2w3 So/Sp.
Cameron is an extrovert, but I totally agree with you enneatyping.
Chase: check
Foreman: Self-Pres ISTJ 8w9
Thirteen: ISFP 4w5 Sp/Sx
Taub is more a P I think. He's typed as ENTP here:Kicking Lettuce: Pop Culture Personality Profiling: House M.D. The enneatyping seems accurate.
Kutner: ESFP 6w7
Amber: ESTJ 3w4
Lucas: check

By the way:MATCHING THE ENNEAGRAM TYPES WITH TV SHOW CHARACTERS | introspection's Blog at Experience Project

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House seems more to be a Social 5w4, more likely an So/Sx.
What the hell? :huh: House actively and openly despises social rules, social order, niceties, socialization and fitting in. I'm still quite strongly tempted to type him an introvert except he's obviously Ne-dominant.

Satine nailed it. Cuddy is far too businesslike for ESFJ, and she always seems to be one step ahead of House.

Cameron is an extrovert, but I totally agree with you enneatyping.
I typed Cameron an extrovert...

Foreman: Self-Pres ISTJ 8w9
Show me his Si. Foreman doesn't ever fall back on his own experience, going so far as to actively downplay it (Lockdown -- he didn't want Taub to see his academic record), and doesn't give much of a shit about the rules either (when stops House it's because he thinks House is putting the patient in serious jeopardy -- and again refer to Lock down; he got stoned because he was bored and there was no one around).

Thirteen: ISFP 4w5 Sp/Sx
We've been through this. Thirteen is too expressive, far too sociable, and far too interested in theory, to be an introverted SP. I remember seeing the sheer energy with which she arguing some philosophical topic in one episode (I think it was the one with the psycho patient, not sure) and thinking "holy shit this is so me." ENFP in spades.

I could see 4w5 though.

Taub is more a P I think. He's typed as ENTP
here:Kicking Lettuce: Pop Culture Personality Profiling: House M.D. The enneatyping seems accurate.
How is Taub P? Or E for that matter?

Kutner: ESFP 6w7
Too deductive. And... Six? :shock: The guy fucking killed himself.

Amber: ESTJ 3w4
Too damn domineering.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Thank god, yes, House, Ne dominant, yes! Finally.

Satine nailed it. Cuddy is far too businesslike for ESFJ, and she always seems to be one step ahead of House.

Yes. House would demolish an ESFJ and an ESFJ would want to put him in his place constantly and it'd be very bloody. I can definitely see ENTJ - willing to bend the rules a little for his genius.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
House, SP? :shock: House is one of the most obviously Ne-dominant characters I've ever seen, and I watch Doctor Who. And I really do think w4 -- the guy is clearly just depressed and emo. I actually identified very strongly with him at one point in my life.

the fuck? i dunno why i wrote ESTP :shock:

i agree ENTP, i even voted it in that poll a while ago

actually i can see w4 too. there was all that drama about what if house could walk without his cane, who would he be, he wouldn't really have an excuse to be his grumpy self, etc....

Wilson- indeed a toughie, although given that he's so damn helpful and all (to House's endless mockery) I picked 2.

lol it's true. i figured it was because he was such an idealist and wants everything to be happy butterflies, but that'd fit 2w1 too. i also do have a harder time seeing a doctor being a 9, but a 2...

Chase- Primary E is right, but I do think he's an L. He definitely lost his cool after killing Duvalla (sp).

shit, he killed someone? i need to keep up with this show better

Foreman- Foreman has the demeanor of an ISTJ, but I really don't think he uses any Si at all. He has more or less as much respect for the rules as House, but he's still less crazy than House because of the "grounding" effect of Te. All he ever does in differentials is poke practical holes into House's zany theories. He further does show occasional Se use (House indeed hired him precisely because of it), as well as some Ni use (on occasion he'll predict what House does before he does it). I don't see how he's Sociable though.

hm, yeah, me neither. R it is. :laugh: good points. ENTJ fits then, i certainly don't see much Fe going on with him, but yes for Te Ni Se and Fi. and that does account for some of both his outward similarity and inward difference from house.

Chloe

actually i can see w4 too. there was all that drama about what if house could walk without his cane, who would he be, he wouldn't really have an excuse to be his grumpy self, etc....

you think this loving being victim attitude is reserved only for 4s or w4s?

pretty much all depressed people have that

he likes power, he is in your face , fearless actually..

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you think this loving being victim attitude is reserved only for 4s or w4s?

pretty much all depressed people have that

he likes power, he is in your face , fearless actually..

nah, it was more about identity crisis than being a victim.

i feel like house is interested more in power because it gets him results, not results because it gets him power. you know? like i don't think house does the job he does because he wants control, i think he does it because he's genuinely interested in it. but he doesn't like others telling him what to do, so he gets greater autonomy by being in a position of power. and he doesn't try to take power from cuddy - he doesn't want her responsibilities - but he doesn't want to be controlled, either, because it would limit his ability to solve things the most effective way.

Chloe

nah, it was more about identity crisis than being a victim.

i feel like house is interested more in power because it gets him results, not results because it gets him power. you know? like i don't think house does the job he does because he wants control, i think he does it because he's genuinely interested in it. but he doesn't like others telling him what to do, so he gets greater autonomy by being in a position of power. and he doesn't try to take power from cuddy - he doesn't want her responsibilities - but he doesn't want to be controlled, either, because it would limit his ability to solve things the most effective way.

he doesnt want power from cuddy because she does boring part of jobs and places where she has power are not interesting to him but he would never tolerate having a real boss, like people from his team have him. he's the only boss.
also he enjoys that dance with cuddy where she needs to pet him and he makes her do things that she shouldnt but that's also ENTP thing.
i think as w4 he'd be much more obsessed with his role in all that (where are my needs in all this? what about ME?) BUT he is more obsessed with not-being-wrong. so not his identity more his dominance.

and most important: if he was w4 he would use his leg to be pittied from people. but he doesnt. he pitties himself and everybody sees that but he doesnt acknowledge its hard for him and all that.

from e8 description (palmer) Deny their own vulnerability and weakness

or If people start backing off, that doesn't make my anger go away, but if you match it, it will lower and I'll sit down and talk." - I could see House having this politic, if you are not intimidated by him i think he would become less harsh and talk more relaxed

and e4 - i cant find it now but it's pretty known that 4s want to be pittied by others and attention for how much they suffer. they wont deny it.

i actually am not sure bout this but just like the arguing part :) and i watch house only occassionaly, to make myself more interested in medicine

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
he doesnt want power from cuddy because she does boring part of jobs and places where she has power are not interesting to him but he would never tolerate having a real boss, like people from his team have him. he's the only boss.
also he enjoys that dance with cuddy where she needs to pet him and he makes her do things that she shouldnt but that's also ENTP thing.

hahaha i love the house-cuddy relationship, especially how they try to 1-up each other

i think as w4 he'd be much more obsessed with his role in all that (where are my needs in all this? what about ME?) BUT he is more obsessed with not-being-wrong. so not his identity more his dominance.

and most important: if he was w4 he would use his leg to be pittied from people. but he doesnt. he pitties himself and everybody sees that but he doesnt acknowledge its hard for him and all that.

from e8 description (palmer) Deny their own vulnerability and weakness

or If people start backing off, that doesn't make my anger go away, but if you match it, it will lower and I'll sit down and talk." - I could see House having this politic, if you are not intimidated by him i think he would become less harsh and talk more relaxed

and e4 - i cant find it now but it's pretty known that 4s want to be pittied by others and attention for how much they suffer. they wont deny it.

i actually am not sure bout this but just like the arguing part :) and i watch house only occassionaly, to make myself more interested in medicine

lol i know... i like debating it too, not really even sure why. i guess it's rather un-P-like of me but i kind of like to just have it in my head what type each character is. it's comfortable to classify.

but oh you know, true, he's not really self-oriented enough to be a 4. but personally i really still think he's a 5w6, much more phobic 6 than counterphobic.

my thing is i don't see house as a protector. 8s want control because they want to make things the way they think will be best, right?

and this:
he is more obsessed with not-being-wrong

"Fives get into conflicts by being detached, preoccupied, isolated, unconventional, uncompromising, extreme, and provocative [...] do not want to feel uninformed, have their competency questioned, to accept easy answers, to be forced to respond before they feel ready, to suffer the ignorance of others, or to ask for help."

i could see house growing towards 8, like a 5 - when he's a good leader of his team. found this, it's interesting --

Misidentifying Fives and Eights

These two types are not often mistyped, but share similar attitudes. Eights and Fives both see themselves as outsiders and both feel rejected easily. Both are highly independent, and willing to go to battle with anyone who threatens their independence. Both believe in direct communication, can be aggressive, and tend to protect their vulnerability.

Eights sometimes see themselves as Fives because they go to Five in stress, and therefore recall times when they have withdrawn from others to strategize and think about their future courses of action. Nonetheless, Eights more often deal with problems head on, and can be highly assertive in going after what they want. Fives, by contrast, tend to retreat from others and to cut off from many of their needs in order to avoid risking dependencies.

Eights are highly instinctual and very related to their bodies: they are people of practical action, pragmatism, and sensuality, as a result. Fives tend to stay in their heads more, and often have an ambivalent relationship with their bodies. Staying grounded and practical can be a problem for Fives–it is almost never one for Eights.

i watch house mainly for the people dynamics lol :D the medicine is nice too, but mostly house and wilson hehehe