• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The other House characters

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Cuddy- ENTJ
Cameron- ENFJ
Chase- ISTJ
Foreman- INTJ
Wilson- INFJ
Thirteen- ENFP
Taub- INFP
Kutner (RIP)- INTP
Amber (RIP)- ENTJ

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Wow, the types of Thirteen is all over the place.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
cutthroat bitch? very well could be an evil ESTP (which people here seem rather inept at recognizing if they aren't the dumb jock stereotype :rolleyes:)

Foreman HAS to be an xSTJ... seeing him onscreen makes me think that an eSTJ ex of mine must have wandered off and gotten an acting job- they say the same things in the same ways, come to conclusions in the same way and they look and sound alike even :shock:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll admit that I wouldn't want to claim her, though I fear becoming her :doh:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing wich balance me toward a typing as ESTJ for her is that she is very judgemental: an ESTP villain can piss off you, can manipulate you, can kill you without any scruple, but does'nt judge you. He just don't care about you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking shadow typing as well (I'm actually more used to F judgement than T judgement!) :laugh:

R

Riva

ESTJ is pretty decent for Cuddy, but I feel her too maternalistic and diplomatic to be ESTJ. I say ESFJ for her.

Doesn't have to be a Fe dom to have those traits. In fact she si quite edgy, readily force the rules on everyone (except House whom she fails to do so), fires people when she has to, runs things smoothly and efficiently (much like any SJ), blackmails people (told wilson that she wouldn't recommend him), cuts people's salaries (cut Foreman's salary when she realized he wouldn't be able to go anywhere).

Now tell me who is maternalistic.

Fe Ni, she begin to see a potential with House to begin a good guy, and make long long time to renounce to it, clinging to her vision about people. She's ENFJ.
Girls love to take bad boys under their wings and turn them in to butterflies. This is why bad boys always get the hottest, prettiest girl. That doesn't prove she is a NF.

ISTP, very detached and emotionaly disengaged. The man who's very selfish and able to not contribute to a conflict but to consider and defend his own profit by taking bets or selling informations th the hierarchy, without care at all about what House can think about this. Chase don't take things too personally, he's able to receive a punch in his face from House and keep presenting his diagnostic and then leave the team.
He is a live and live let type of person. Not at all a I love everyone, I hate conflict type ISFP. And House ill treats him a lot. An ISTP would have left House a long time ago. But Chase doesn't. He gets kicked out by House but comes back, ISTPs are not the type who usually does that. And even if they do they would wait for an opportunity to slit a throat. He got many. But didn't use. Although you claimed that he sells information, I don't remember him doing that EVER.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Whatever Thirteen is, it conflicts with Cameron somewhat. They give off very different energy. Cameron is a strong FJ (isfj is possible, enfj more likely, not sure about infj)...Thirteen a strong P, quite aloof. I am not stole on the I just because she is private and mysterious.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thirteen a strong P, quite aloof. I am not stole on the I just because she is private and mysterious.

Thirteen is an ISFP 4w5. As much live and let live than Robert Chase but more in touch with what she values.

Doesn't have to be a Fe dom to have those traits. In fact she si quite edgy, readily force the rules on everyone (except House whom she fails to do so), fires people when she has to, runs things smoothly and efficiently (much like any SJ), blackmails people (told wilson that she wouldn't recommend him), cuts people's salaries (cut Foreman's salary when she realized he wouldn't be able to go anywhere).

ESFJs are all about control. In the AD&D, she is a lawful neutral for who the most important is that people keep their place. Fe-dom is about to control people, not for logical reasons but because we affectively need it. The inferior Ti submit to Fe make you mistype the quest for omniscience and objective category and criteria, with a need to applies theses standards and make conform the group to this, even if we have to enforce it.

Now tell me who is maternalistic.

In an episode, the hospital is hit by a general epidemy, wich alarmed Cuddy. Cameron ask to House why she's so alarmed and House answer that the hospital is "her baby". That resume her general attitude to her job and to her employees. Cuddy is fundamentaly dependent and logic is jus an alibi to keep peoples under control, and she usually invokes emotional element to defend her order, in balance with House who is almost his opposite. Almost because thay are both extrovert and confrontationals. But that's all. I post again my link BTW (Kicking Lettuce: Pop Culture Personality Profiling: House M.D.) where you can read this:
Dr. Lisa Cuddy - Best Guess: ESFJ - Cuddy is quick to balance House's strong T and open-ended ways with a more grounded and judicious--but ultimately emotional--element (FJ). As the supervisor of the staff, she follows (and enforces) the rules accordingly (SJ). It is no wonder, that though she is a gifted doctor she has rose to an administrative position. She does not hesitate to confront House on any matter that is questionable (E) and she is one of the few who will not let him walk all over her authority. She is a quick guardian of the patients anytime she sees House acting inconsiderately and is quick to act on behalf of their feelings. Strongest Letter(s): FJ

Girls love to take bad boys under their wings and turn them in to butterflies. This is why bad boys always get the hottest, prettiest girl. That doesn't prove she is a NF.
Of course;), but even ESFJs who want to take bad boy under their wings are rather realistic about their jerkyness, wich Cameron forget as much as possible to retain just the positive aspects of House. Moreover, she does'nt think just that the could make House better because they could be happy in athe daily life then, but because she think that it's humanitary important for the big picture. Above all, Cameron is Chaotic Good on the AD&D, and follow strictly her own behalf, visions and values without any consideration for etablished guidelines or The Power That Be. Because of Ni, she's pretty involved in the pure diagnostic conception, more than an ESFJ would be. I quote from my link again:
Dr. Allison Cameron - Best Guess: ENFP - Cameron is easily the most impulsive (P) and sensitive member on the team (F). She is quick to make (or deny) medical judgements based on her feelings. Though not extremely extroverted, she is usually the one initialing conversations (E). She tends to be very idealistic (NF) in her outlook--not only with the patients--but even with the other doctors. House, who is notoriously rude and insensitive, does not phase Cameron. She has always had a (small) romantic interest in him and tends to idealize him for what he does (a brilliant doctor) than for what he is (obnoxious). If there is one doctor who would do something out of her own goodwill and beliefs, it is Cameron. She did step outside of her normal character briefly with her casual "flings" with Dr. Chase. While he became emotionally vested, she did not in a very curious T-like move. However, she may have been fooling herself as the couple did get together later on. Strongest Letter(s): NF
But I think she's a J

He is a live and live let type of person. Not at all a I love everyone, I hate conflict type ISFP. And House ill treats him a lot. An ISTP would have left House a long time ago. But Chase doesn't. He gets kicked out by House but comes back, ISTPs are not the type who usually does that. And even if they do they would wait for an opportunity to slit a throat. He got many. But didn't use.

If you really want to understand Chase, you must know that he's an unhealthy 9w8 ISTP: disengaged, selfish comfort-seeker, lazy and in lack of touch with his true feelings and spiritual needs. So, even if House treats him a lot, he doe'snt care because he's not personally affected by this, his job in the House's team in rather well payed, not too tiring, and any way, he've not any real project of self-improving.

Although you claimed that he sells information, I don't remember him doing that EVER.

To sell for pure money, maybe not, but basically, Chase know were the power is and were his interest is and have no guilt to survey a little House for the hierarchy if he can have some advantage in exange, like an immunity to any atempt from House to eject him from the team. When House know this, he isolate Chase, hoping to can confront them and discourage him to continue:
House:"So, you're selling information to Cuddy about me, yes?"
Chase: "Well...Yes."
House:"..."
Chase:"So, I'm leaving, I've got some job to do now, have a good day."

And then leave.
That is ISTP.

In the team, Chase is the total opposite of Cameron. Cameron is totally involved, Chase is disengaged. Cameron always prone sensitivity and cooperation. Chase always prone logic, realism and (his) selfish interest etc.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I decided to review and revive this thread, out of boredom.

He's a really stereotypical ISTP. What you mention here is just a really small detail. Just look at his role in the team: he's the best surgeon, but rarely gives strong contributions to the "ideation" process.
He's a very badly written NT. He is an intensivist originally (not a surgeon), and his role as a surgeon is kinda shoehorned in. On the other hand he's as good a theorist as anyone else on the team, and as I mentioned at one point he got good enough to outwit the big man himself. I could buy him being an introvert, though.

Thirteen is obviously an F.
Thirteen is either an NTP, or has an overactive tertiary Te. She has a truth at all costs attitude almost as strong as House's. She's further probably an extrovert, given her naughty party animal tendencies (which introverted SPs have, but not introverted NPs generally).

Cameron-enfp
She has a clear Messiah complex, pegging her as an Fe-dom.

Curzon is just being an idiot as usual. I could maybe buy Cuddy being an S, but it's damn near impossible most of House's team are anything other than intuitive (Ne for that matter), given the extremely speculative nature of their work. They literally tie together a bunch of weird symptoms into a coherent diagnosis, out of thin air, through brainstorming.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Foreman HAS to be an xSTJ... seeing him onscreen makes me think that an eSTJ ex of mine must have wandered off and gotten an acting job- they say the same things in the same ways, come to conclusions in the same way and they look and sound alike even :shock:
Foreman is more of a stuffy INTJ than an ISTJ. His work on the team is very Te-based, but he displays no signs of either Si or Ne, while displaying both Ni and inferior Se.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Foreman: ISTJ

he's a knowledgable and good physician but when he heads the team it's clear he is no way capable to do what House does (tying patterns together) and just goes back on his extensive database (si) of knowledge. On a Feeler note: he doesn't *vibe* INTJ to me (something I tend to recognize :alttongue:), and despite his obvious intelligence, he doesn't always seem to grasp N-convo's, imo.

Cameron: So NFJ it hurts.

I'm banking on INFJ. She sees the world as a place to be improved on, and has a very clear vision of what it should be like, what people should act like towards each other and considers it her mission to elevate the world to that standard. I think her Ni,her ideal is more important to her still than her Fe, causing the famous INFJ doorslam with Chase and House.

Chase: ISFP.

He doesn't have that intense cold Ti vibe most ISTPs have. He does however have his own set of values that he adheres to (Fi), with a serious disregard for social rules especially if his own set of values come first. That's why he seems flaky on morality issues. He however has a warm vibe to him, very understanding and nurturing towards some people, but very aloof and independent towards others. His gentle nature and his patience with the emotional crisis Cameron goes through when they date, despite being hurt emotionally, show his maturing Fi. Throughout the series though, he displays the ambivalence of a Fi-dom and his struggle in how to deal with others, especially people who clearly don't give a crap about others, and how to fit that in with his values and reactions towards those others, as a way to compensate for the hurt they otherwise might cause him.

Thirtheen: ISTP

She does that notorious aloof thing ISTPs do so well. Not to mention the denial of emotions, the running away from an emo-situation once it pertains to herself, until it was worth it to her (with Foreman), then she stuck it out, but was unable to figure out how to truly remove the obstacles in her relationship, effectively waiting for it either to work or not. High Ti would also explain why she can usually follow House's analysis and work on that (I believe he's ENTP, so once he stops Ne-ing all over the place, she picks up where he leaves off). Also explains her primal sexy vibe, typical of this breed, as well as her urge to hunt and live in the moment before she picks Foreman. Not to mention to whole 'she's hard to read' problem. ISTPs that are somewhat in touch with their Fe tend to have a need to take care of others, who they perceive as weaker or in need of help (the reluctant vigilante thing) as they cannot stand injustice. Hence her sometimes caring nature towards others when House is trampling all over them and her calling him on it and setting boundaries as to her interactions with him.

Taub: I'm going to skip him coz I think he's an annoying little weasel who should get tossed off the show already and I won't be objective enough :D

Amber: ESTP for the previously mentioned reasons

Kutner: ENFP

He loved travelling, excitement, adventure, but he was also pretty good at the pattern seeking game which is why House valued him and could make the weirdest associations, some of which then got contaminated by what he was biased towards due to his Fi (when he starts seeing diseases from poor countries in the cases he gets and tries to get funding by cheating on a test so they'll research and help people in poor countries that way)

Wilson: ISFJ

He is always the one warning House about the practical implications of his crazy stuff, he's always there for him and he cannot help himself but mother house. He's not as stuck on the big picture as Cameron is, but more busy with the direct implications of Houses behavior. He also doesn't come off as high and mighty as Cameron did, I find.

Cuddy: ENTJ

It's a tough one. I say ENTJ coz she's brilliant at her job, sees the bigger picture, is realistic in her goals for the place she runs, and brings just enough balance without micromanaging to make it work. Yes, she can be very much caring for others, but I believe that this is because she's a mature, balanced and already somewhat older ENTJ who's developped her Fi and has her bio-clock going off at her. But if you look closely, she gets drained from having to take care of other people's feelings. All the organising, all the logistical stuff, you name it..that's fine for her. It's the dealing with people, in particular House, that drains her, she has the same reaction however to having to deal with emotional employees, difficult boardmembers, etc etc. She still does it though, coz that's her job and being competent is important to her. She sighs however, every damned time she has to smoothen things over for House. Cameron and Wilson on the other hand, automatically jump in and smoothe things over, as it's innate to them. The only reason they sigh at House is coz he doesn't learn, and they have to deal wit hhim being an ass. For Cuddy it's the additional work he creates. For Cameron and Wilson, it's the disappointment that yet again, he's acting like a 5 year old and is still not seeing the *right* way. Cuddy agrees wit hthat but wants him to shape up so things will run more smoothly and she gets less headaches to deal with. Later, when she gets clearly more interested in him, she wants him to change personally as well, but only coz it's not realistic at this time to have him be a responsible and serious mate, which she's looking for.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that why she refused to get tested for Huntington's?
Hmmm, you're right... ENFP.

Foreman: ISTJ

he's a knowledgable and good physician but when he heads the team it's clear he is no way capable to do what House does (tying patterns together) and just goes back on his extensive database (si) of knowledge. On a Feeler note: he doesn't *vibe* INTJ to me (something I tend to recognize :alttongue:), and despite his obvious intelligence, he doesn't always seem to grasp N-convo's, imo.
Foreman doesn't really seem to fall back on his past experience much at all. Rather most of what he does is poke holes on other people's theories (Te), while sprinkling a little Ni insight here and there. The functional order is further all wrong for an ISTJ -- He displays no inferior Ne, and does display inferior Se. His inferior Se is, in fact, a recurring plot point, what with his former hoodlum days, and him frequently breaking into houses.

Cameron: So NFJ it hurts.
Oh yes.

I'm banking on INFJ. She sees the world as a place to be improved on, and has a very clear vision of what it should be like, what people should act like towards each other and considers it her mission to elevate the world to that standard. I think her Ni,her ideal is more important to her still than her Fe, causing the famous INFJ doorslam with Chase and House.
That makes sense, yeah.

Chase: ISFP.

He doesn't have that intense cold Ti vibe most ISTPs have. He does however have his own set of values that he adheres to (Fi), with a serious disregard for social rules especially if his own set of values come first. That's why he seems flaky on morality issues. He however has a warm vibe to him, very understanding and nurturing towards some people, but very aloof and independent towards others. His gentle nature and his patience with the emotional crisis Cameron goes through when they date, despite being hurt emotionally, show his maturing Fi. Throughout the series though, he displays the ambivalence of a Fi-dom and his struggle in how to deal with others, especially people who clearly don't give a crap about others, and how to fit that in with his values and reactions towards those others, as a way to compensate for the hurt they otherwise might cause him.
All this seems right, but he isn't an S. INFP seems the best fit.

Thirtheen: ISTP

She does that notorious aloof thing ISTPs do so well. Not to mention the denial of emotions, the running away from an emo-situation once it pertains to herself, until it was worth it to her (with Foreman), then she stuck it out, but was unable to figure out how to truly remove the obstacles in her relationship, effectively waiting for it either to work or not. High Ti would also explain why she can usually follow House's analysis and work on that (I believe he's ENTP, so once he stops Ne-ing all over the place, she picks up where he leaves off). Also explains her primal sexy vibe, typical of this breed, as well as her urge to hunt and live in the moment before she picks Foreman. Not to mention to whole 'she's hard to read' problem. ISTPs that are somewhat in touch with their Fe tend to have a need to take care of others, who they perceive as weaker or in need of help (the reluctant vigilante thing) as they cannot stand injustice. Hence her sometimes caring nature towards others when House is trampling all over them and her calling him on it and setting boundaries as to her interactions with him.
I don't think she's ISTP... On further reflection she seems more Fi than Fe (A lower Fe user wouldn't make such a big deal about the Huntington's, etc.), and she seems quite Ne rather than Ti. She's very good at catching subtext, is very theoretical and loves arguing. She's also an extrovert -- she's very expressive, loud, outgoing, and overall seems energized by social interaction. ENFP is the only fit.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Taub: I'm going to skip him coz I think he's an annoying little weasel who should get tossed off the show already and I won't be objective enough :D

Interesting, since he's an INTJ :glasses:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed; he's another stuffed-shirt INTJ like Foreman.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno what he is, but it aint INTJ, in my books. The very fact that I react to him with shivering tells me already that he's unlikely to even come close to being NTJ :alttongue:

He's manipulative, judgemental, whiny, spineless, selfish beyond all reason and petty in a way that makes me just wanna slap him silly.

Even young arrogant INTJs with a stick up their ass at least display some sort of spine and whine in a way I can still find endearing ;)

Same goes for Foreman btw. He *feels* like an ISTJ to me. I respect his stand-up behavior, but I'd drive him bonkers and vice versa. His rigidness would just frustrate me. Even stubborn and arrogant INTJs that I don't have a spark with don't feel this way to me. And his paranoid behavior when he is heading the team while dating 13 screams immature Ne, imo. There's also an episode where he dwells on the mistakes of he made in the past, if memory serves, which make him reluctant to step back up, something House responds to very differently, as do INTJs, ime. INFPs are likely to think twice before striking their boss, and considering the future ramifications as well as not wanting to cause conflict, something that gives them that 'wuss' rep (undeservingly so imo).

As for the rest of them, I stand by my assessments. No offense but 13 is way too aloof and out of touch with her feelings to be an ENFP and too good at analyzing not to be a T and Chase has more reality sense than most INFPs I know, and lives in the here and now.

Anycase, I'm bowing out..I aint one for debating ;)