User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 121

  1. #71
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Cuddy- ENTJ
    Cameron- ENFJ
    Chase- ENTP
    Foreman- INTJ
    Wilson- ENFJ
    Thirteen- ENTP
    Taub- INTJ
    Kutner (RIP)- ESTP
    Amber (RIP)- ENTJ
    Lucas- INTP
    Wow...you've seen the show, right?

    Chase is very stereotypical ISTP, not remotely E or N, very private and practical, no fuss, certainly no blathering on about unnecessary things.

    Thirteen is also far from ENTP...I could see any of the IxxP types really, or perhaps even IxxJ...she's so private it's hard to tell, but she's very uncomfortable with her emotions which makes me think ISTP.

    Taub isn't very N at all. ISTJ perhaps.

    Wilson is debateable but seems like an ISFP to me, or perhaps a less-organized-than-usual ISFJ. Cuddy could be ENFJ or ESFJ, but her Fe is pretty apparent. She seems Te because her job is extremely demanding and rational, but the way she acts out her responsibilities suggests F.

    Cameron could be ENFJ but she seems more ENFP to me...all focused on "what's right" instead of thinking about others' feelings.
    -end of thread-

  2. #72
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    just don't get the weird obsession with typing everyone as an N... it's pretty rediculous and shows a lack of understanding about Sensing and all that the OTHER category of personality types entails and is able to do... which really seems unfair since I've put serious effort into studying the N functions and rarely see an N person extend the same courtesey... which is kind of fucked up since often the same people brag about how open minded Ns are
    I thought his comment was pretty ridiculous too.
    Chase is definitely not intp. He's a soft ISTP.

  3. #73
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    I can't help but noticing everyone calling me an idiot in this thread is a Sensor...

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Hmmm.. well Ni is also capable of connecting the dots. Ni doms especially do this quite well. And Ni doms I would say are better at connecting the dots than predicting the future. In fact isn't it because they are so good at connecting the dots they manage to predict what comes next? So your point regarding house would suggest he is a Ni dom????
    Well, no. If you review the literature on the subject (Whatever made an excellent thread on the workings of Ni and Ne, as well as Si and Se), you'll find that Ni's mode of operation is to think ahead (remembering forward if you will, as opposed to Si which remembers backward), not to connect dots. Synthesis is Ne work.

    Cuddy, Wilson, Cameron, Chase are Ns now?
    Always have been.

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I just don't get the weird obsession with typing everyone as an N... it's pretty rediculous and shows a lack of understanding about Sensing and all that the OTHER category of personality types entails and is able to do... which really seems unfair since I've put serious effort into studying the N functions and rarely see an N person extend the same courtesey... which is kind of fucked up since often the same people brag about how open minded Ns are :rolli:
    I think I have a fair grasp on what the Sensing functions do (and I do admit I've treated them a tad too harshly in the past). You do as well, but you seem to attribute a greater intellectual role to them than they actually possess simply because you yourself are a sensor and of course it's inconvenient for you to see them as brute functions.

    I also think you, and everyone else in the world, have a wrong idea of what open-mindedness means. It refers to the openness to new ideas and suggestions, not to the nonsensic, messianic idea that all humans are equally capable of great intellectual feats; the majority of people are not.

    I hardly type everyone an N, though -- I type as intuitive people I consider intuitive, which in very mentally oriented works of fiction are generally most characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Wow...you've seen the show, right?

    Chase is very stereotypical ISTP, not remotely E or N, very private and practical, no fuss, certainly no blathering on about unnecessary things.
    I changed my typing of him to INTP, but he's no S. He's very deductive (at times he's shown himself to rival House in that regard, such as in Season 3).

    Thirteen is also far from ENTP...I could see any of the IxxP types really, or perhaps even IxxJ...she's so private it's hard to tell, but she's very uncomfortable with her emotions which makes me think ISTP.
    She is uncomfortable with emotions, but she's an Fi (not Fe, my initial guess was wrong), and she certainly is an extroverted intuitive. I ultimately concluded she's ENFP.

    Taub isn't very N at all. ISTJ perhaps.
    Possibly, but like Foreman his stuffiness seems Te on crack rather than Si, and he showed Ni rather than Ne; leading me to believe INTJ.

    Wilson is debateable but seems like an ISFP to me, or perhaps a less-organized-than-usual ISFJ. Cuddy could be ENFJ or ESFJ, but her Fe is pretty apparent. She seems Te because her job is extremely demanding and rational, but the way she acts out her responsibilities suggests F.

    Cameron could be ENFJ but she seems more ENFP to me...all focused on "what's right" instead of thinking about others' feelings.
    These I could take into consideration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #74
    Senior Member hokie912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Whatever Thirteen is, she seems to have really intense/dysfunctional Fi. I can't count the number of times I've yelled at my TV because she breached confidentiality or otherwise compromised a case because something the patient was doing conflicted with her moral values. The female psychopath from this season is a good example. Thirteen couldn't let it go until she had revealed to the woman's husband that she was a liar, even though that was part of a confidential medical condition. Cameron was irritating in a different way; she at least had it in her mind in most cases that whatever she was doing was best for the patient (or whichever other person was the target of her Fe). Thirteen just has to be vindicated and be right. I think some of that is inconsistent writing, as it always is with the female characters on this show, but it really bugs me.

  5. #75
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The idiot is Aleksei, Curzon, not you. He is totally wrong but is unable to recognize it.
    Let's see... so far I've changed my typing of Thirteen (ENTP to ENFP), Chase (ENTP to INTP), Cameron (ENFJ to INFJ), and Amber (ENTJ to ESTP); and I seriously considered Foremand and Taub as ISTJs. I discarded it simply because their Perceiving functions seemed wrong (Ni and Se rather than Ne and Si).

    I'm quite readily willing to admit I'm wrong if I'm proven wrong, but just calling me a retard isn't gonna do much to convince me. In this thread it seems you guys are the ones displaying bias, given you detected Foreman's lack of intuition and you all essentially pounced at the chance to label him an SJ without stopping to consider what he displays instead is Te rather than Si (which he uses almost not at all).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #76
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    I should point out that it was you who started calling people stupid. But when it was clear that you had a personal bias against sensors, thought they weren't capable of being intellectual at all, dismissed others, resorted to name calling and started making stupid deductions, others must have naturally thought that you were an idiot. And if you read it again Spedo called you an idiot for being unable to realize you were wrong.

    But hey! those guys are S types. What do they know, isn't it Alek?

  7. #77
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    And if you read it again Spedo called you an idiot for being unable to realize you were wrong.
    I realize that. I count four characters in this thread alone I've admitted I was wrong about, so that seems kinda off the mark, don't you think?

    Further, I don't consider Sensors incapable of intellectual thought as a rule. I just think that sensors would generally disinclined to deal with theoretical ideas, in the way that House's team does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  8. #78
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Further, I don't consider Sensors incapable of intellectual thought as a rule. I just think that sensors would generally disinclined to deal with theoretical ideas, in the way that House's team does.
    Medicine is not very theoretical - looking for physical symptoms (Se) and remembering diseases you've been taught that fit the symptoms (Si). Yes, there is more N involved in House than say, family medicine, but that doesn't mean nobody on the show can be a sensor. Biology and Medicine are the sciences that would most appeal to Ss, in my experience, and doctors in particular tend to be more SJ than the general population, possibly due to the academic requirements. It's not like House is running a theoretical physics lab, he's trying to cure people of their very physical, concrete diseases.

    So this is not very compelling "reasoning" to support your assumption that the whole team is N, particularly when Ns are a smaller proportion of the population, and any TV show has to have characters that appeal to mass demographics (as House certainly does) and therefore tend to have traits that many people can identify with.

    On a side note, I agree with Foreman as an INTJ, which is why I don't think Taub is one. They're quite different.

    PS I guarantee ISTPs can be just as deductive as INTPs, so that's hardly a reason to call Chase an INTP when all signs point in the opposite direction.
    -end of thread-

  9. #79
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    ^ +1

  10. #80
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    given you detected Foreman's lack of intuition and you all essentially pounced at the chance to label him an SJ without stopping to consider what he displays instead is Te rather than Si (which he uses almost not at all).
    Nobody have never said that Foreman lack of intuition, and I've express many arguments to demonstrate that Foreman is an SJ and not an NT but you have eluded them. Classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Let's see... so far I've changed my typing of Thirteen (ENTP to ENFP), Chase (ENTP to INTP), Cameron (ENFJ to INFJ), and Amber (ENTJ to ESTP); and I seriously considered Foremand and Taub as ISTJs. I discarded it simply because their Perceiving functions seemed wrong (Ni and Se rather than Ne and Si).
    Ok, you are ready to change your typing, but your typing still worng. By the way, show me the inferior Se with Foreman.

    I just think that sensors would generally disinclined to deal with theoretical ideas, in the way that House's team does.
    But they are disclinded. They deal with theory because House is the boss but it's not all their more natural way of acting. They are often skeptical to his exibit intuitions because they are focused on physical data wich say the contrary. House M.D show that sensors can be open to the intuitive side but that it's not their more natural way to act, that's all.

    Medicine is not very theoretical - looking for physical symptoms (Se) and remembering diseases you've been taught that fit the symptoms (Si). Yes, there is more N involved in House than say, family medicine, but that doesn't mean nobody on the show can be a sensor. Biology and Medicine are the sciences that would most appeal to Ss, in my experience, and doctors in particular tend to be more SJ than the general population, possibly due to the academic requirements. It's not like House is running a theoretical physics lab, he's trying to cure people of their very physical, concrete diseases.
    +1. And as much as I know, the work of the doctors in House M.D consisting in finding the right dignostic exist in reality, but in the real world, doctors don't do that instinctively with a whiteboard at a black felt, they take time to consult their online library where they intersect the symptoms with an international database. And the characters of the show would probably act llike that if House were not the boss. House often speculate about what the patient could have even when nothing indicates explicitly that he has something, what others characters do not.

    PS I guarantee ISTPs can be just as deductive as INTPs, so that's hardly a reason to call Chase an INTP when all signs point in the opposite direction.
    Yes. And find a diagnostic is a deductive thing by nature, that does'nt mean necessarly it's an N thing.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. Type the Star Trek Characters
    By Dark Razor in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM
  2. House characters other than House
    By Infinite Bubble in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 02:34 PM
  3. The AD&D Character Alignment Test
    By Totenkindly in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
  4. INTJ female (sigh, where are all the others?)
    By creativeRhino in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO