First 45678 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    @ Satine: One last thing that I missed; in your typing of Foreman you mentioned that he doesn't seem to have House's ability to connect disparate ideas and interweave patterns. This is because Foreman is Ni-dom which is very different from House's very strong Ne. Ni, unlike Ne, doesn't find hidden patterns; its role is to predict events and solve paradoxes. You seem to have run into the same snag in typing Foreman as you did in typing me: you conflated the two intuitive functions. In his case it made you think Foreman as an N would think in a similar way to House, and in my case it made you think I as a Te-aux would act in a similar way to an NTJ.

While I respect that you have a different opinion than me, and may just have valid arguments, it would appear you could benefit from a lesson in formulating what you're trying to communicate in a way that does not sound like you're telling people what to think or do

I shared an opinion with you, on why i think you might be ENTP (Btw..this answer just reinforced that idea). I did not claim you were entp and couldn't possibly be anything else. It would be nice to get the same courtesy from you when you disagree with me on something and not to be put in my place like a child, especially not by someone who's been here less time than I have and doesn't know me. At all.Presuming to know how I generally think and what (logical or otherwise) mistakes I'm likely to make without this information is therefore rather arrogant. After all, this is all sheer conjecture as MBTI is a theory, and this is not based on simple facts. You *gasp* could be wrong just as much. If you are in fact ENFP, let's see you practise that silver tongue of yours. You could benefit greatly from it.

Now to sweeten the Te-pill: in no way was this meant in a snarky way, or did I mean to disrespect you. I however do no care for being talked to in this way and wanted to communicate that
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

However, the mere fact he (by your own admission) utilizes Ni rather than Ne pegs him as an INTJ
    I've said he uses Ni, but that he is Ni-dom. Remember this, Foreman is cooperative and more concerned with his social role than with intelectual pursuits, he is a guardian not ar rational

Curzon is just being an idiot as usual. I could maybe buy Cuddy being an S, but it's damn near impossible most of House's team are anything other than intuitive (Ne for that matter), given the extremely speculative nature of their work. They literally tie together a bunch of weird symptoms into a coherent diagnosis, out of thin air, through brainstorming.
    House is speculative and driven to explore theories and possibilites. The other member of the team are sensors who are skepticals about that way of work and more spontaneously process in a more basical way. They have a current diagnostic that they are likely to express if they have enough data wich fit with. For Foreman, for examples, it's often the lupus, for Thirteen, it's often an autoimmune disease. The theme of House M.D is to show how dow-to-earth medical doctors can become more insightful if they learn to be more open with their intuitive side. At the opposite, House prefer to have sensors in his team. In the first episode, he says to Foreman that he've recruited him because he has a practicality that he have not. At he begining of the season 4, House must recruit a new team and there's an INTP among the candidates. He's very intelligent, almost as much as House, but House does'nt choose him, because as a N, his way of thinking is to close to his to be interesting.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    While I respect that you have a different opinion than me, and may just have valid arguments, it would appear you could benefit from a lesson in formulating what you're trying to communicate in a way that does not sound like you're telling people what to think or do

I shared an opinion with you, on why i think you might be ENTP (Btw..this answer just reinforced that idea). I did not claim you were entp and couldn't possibly be anything else. It would be nice to get the same courtesy from you when you disagree with me on something and not to be put in my place like a child, especially not by someone who's been here less time than I have and doesn't know me. At all.Presuming to know how I generally think and what (logical or otherwise) mistakes I'm likely to make without this information is therefore rather arrogant. After all, this is all sheer conjecture as MBTI is a theory, and this is not based on simple facts. You *gasp* could be wrong just as much. If you are in fact ENFP, let's see you practise that silver tongue of yours. You could benefit greatly from it.

Now to sweeten the Te-pill: in no way was this meant in a snarky way, or did I mean to disrespect you. I however do no care for being talked to in this way and wanted to communicate that
    The way I saw it, you presented an opinion. I told you, in what I thought was a respectful manner, why I disagree. If I sounded condescending or in any way offended you, I apologize. It was not my intention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The way I saw it, you presented an opinion. I told you, in what I thought was a respectful manner, why I disagree. If I sounded condescending or in any way offended you, I apologize. It was not my intention.
    thanks for this. I'll fully admit to being a bit hypersensitive to even remotely being told what to do or how to think. Hence the reaction. No bad feelings, really, and I sincerely I hope I didn't cause any in you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I've said he uses Ni, but that he is Ni-dom.
    SJs, generally speaking, have no Ni at all. Foreman, on the other hand, shows signs of having no Ne at all (which SJs do have, as a lower function).

House is speculative and driven to explore theories and possibilites. The other member of the team are sensors who are skepticals about that way of work and more spontaneously process in a more basical way.
    In a more data-oriented way? I disagree. Most of the time it's House who rejects ideas coming from his fellows rather than the other way around. All of them are in on the process of connecting symptoms into a diagnosis -- Ne synthesizing work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    thanks for this. I'll fully admit to being a bit hypersensitive to even remotely being told what to do or how to think. Hence the reaction. No bad feelings, really, and I sincerely I hope I didn't cause any in you
    Don't worry about it. I'm not very easy to offend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

SJs, generally speaking, have no Ni at all. Foreman, on the other hand, shows signs of having no Ne at all (which SJs do have, as a lower function).
    Does this mean that I should inform my ISTJ that he is a freak of nature and drive a stake through his heart while he's asleep?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I said generally speaking. Borderline cases (like yourself) do exist for most types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

so why couldn't he be a borderline case?

just saying...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Foreman? He could, but then where's his Ne? And, for that matter where's his Si? His stuffiness seems to be fundamentally Te in nature, not Si.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole