• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP Hall of Fame

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I use the Keirsey system because the
It's like pretty much every person here is judging the beauty contest by a different competition. Because of the simple fact that you just can't read peoples' minds or view the intangible. It's a hopeless cause, and makes it that much easier for you to project qualities onto someone.

Well, I take that back. You can view the intangible when it becomes visible through action.

Can't you then just as easily project your own meaning on to the person's actions? Motives are closed off to all but the performer, and even then sometimes closed off to them as well. So while an action might mean one thing to you, it can have a completely different connotation for the performer. Meaning is entirely subjective.

KDude

I would agree that Jack Sparrow is ESTP. He's slick, but it's all improv..mastery of and adapting to the moment. Almost seemingly accidental.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Winston Churchill - ENFJ

P.S. MBT has a lot of sense by good describing of preferences wich are designated by 4-letter code resulting in 16 types; this 4-letter code itself describes preferences and nothing more. If author thinks that qualities of his types do not correleate with MBT's preferences he should not use conventional signs of preferences from MBT.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
actually I was watching the Inside the Actor's Studio on Will Smith last night and he DID seem very ExFP to me, but more S than N... if you watched how he interacted with the audience and the camera he was VERY present and in the moment, and I've never gotten that sense while watching an ENFP, or any N for that matter... sorry people :)

... come to think of it, that man had a work ethic that any ExTJ would be envious of as well :shock:
I definitely believe it, but just to make sure we're clear, I was identifying the character Fresh Prince as distinct from Will Smith. And we SPs can have a good work ethic ...if the work is something we're interested in. :newwink:

Can't you then just as easily project your own meaning on to the person's actions? Motives are closed off to all but the performer, and even then sometimes closed off to them as well. So while an action might mean one thing to you, it can have a completely different connotation for the performer. Meaning is entirely subjective.
But you don't have to evaluate meaning, just overall action over the span of that person's life.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Will is an ENFP. Stop taking my brother.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This is a pretty good list. There are some I'm on the fence about, but for the most part I think it's right.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The actor or Fresh Prince? Please give some kind of reasoning behind just your say-so.

He's totally on the fence, since he is a character in a show, because I could see him going either way - and the same could be said about Captain Kirk. I rather hear, from the fact that he is often typed as an ENFP, why he isn't one.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mister Sytpg is the second person to question my unofficial Promoter ESTP Hall of Fame in my signature.

Must we go through this one by one? Apparently we must. :rolli:

Andrew WK - reckless partier, fun-loving instigator taking the world by storm with simple melodies to make your lungs burst like helium balloons ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Billy Idol - badass rebellious rocker punching the air like a motherfucker ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Captain Jack Sparrow - clever sunuvabitch owning every smug fuck in the immediate vicinity, AND A PIRATE ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Diablo Cody - ex-stripper with zero film-making experience who creates a snarky, bitingly accurate movie novella about the life of a pregnant teenager that captures worldwide imagination ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

The Fonz - chick-magnet biker dude who could banish Osama bin Laden with a snap of his fingers ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Sydney Fife - clever son of a gun who knows what you're thinking at any given point of time and can singlehandedly triple your business income with a quick advertisting campaign ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Pippi Longstocking - this nine-year-old bitch-ass girl could rip your heart out and show it to you before you die all while holding her half-ton horse up in the air with one hand but fortunately for you is content to send you running away broke with your cashmere pants down around your ankles ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Fresh Prince of Bel Air - need anything be said? The man is fresh, aiight? Fresher than your mom was right out of the shower. So fresh he could spout pick-up lines to ten girls all before they had a chance to realize he was putting the moves on them ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Frankline "Hawkeye" Pierce - this guy has class, so much class he could neck a woman, do meatball surgery AND hold a glass of wine all while smacking you blindside with quick punny witticisms that sting so bad you'd be calling for mommy ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Captain Kirk - not content to simply challenge the highest school authorities to their face, this badass motherfucker sneaked onto the Enterprise only to become Captain in a matter of hours after getting into a beatdown with the dude he replaced ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Grace Slick - iconic wild, un-tamed rocker chick that would set your hair on fire with gasoline while shoving her tongue down your throat ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Madonna - she's Madonna. ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Frank Abagnale, Jr. - successfully conned his way into the three well-known professions that are the successively top three causes of suicide in university flunk-outs ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Tyler Durden - badass motherfucker who persuades a whole generation of young adult males to beat the shit out of themselves ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Rufio - badass punk kid with a fiery rebellious streak the size of Montana, so big you'd think he grew up without a father ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Peter Pan - runs with braves, swoons foxy mermaids, and turns the most ruthless pirate into a whining ninny, with the balls to crow like a rooster while doing it, and the style to pull it off ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Robin Hood - mocks the imperial sovereignty of the reigning king, stealing riches from his fat pockets for the sake of the poor it really belongs to, inciting a nationwide revolt and turning conventional morality on its head ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Andrew Jackson - bands together a motley crew of renegade volunteers, freed slaves, pirates and natives to fight off the imperial British force - and WINS! ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Winston Churchill - tactfully led the whole of Britain through the worst war this world has ever seen with the silver-tongued voice of the poets, deftly and coolly playing his political hand like a professional poker player ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Mae West - beautiful blonde actress with all the saavy snarky attitude of a political commentator ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED
Fonz- ESFP
Fresh Prince- ESFP
Tyler Durden- ENTJ (SPs seem to all miss the fucking point of Fight Club :dry:)
Churchill- INTJ

The rest (the ones I know enough to type at least) are all correct, and all AWESOME! :rock:

Some more:

Katy Perry
Teddy Roosevelt (The all-time most badass president)
Samuel Leroy Motherfucking Jackson
Slim Shady (The character -- Eminem himself is ISFP)
TJ Henderson (Recess)
Cyborg (Teen Titans)
Aladdin (Disney movie)
Rat (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas)
Elle Driver (Kill Bill)
Vernita Green (Kill Bill)
Jules Winnifield (Pulp Fiction)

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Am I the only one who thinks Will Smith is ESFP? That's why I think a lot of people think he's ENFP. To me, it seems like ESFPs and ENFPs can look like each other.

edit: typical ENFP behavior, didn't read the post above me.
Teddy Roosevelt could have punched death right in the face but choose not to.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, actually I do think that Will (the character in Fresh Prince) is more ESFP than ESTP.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think the guy is ESFP, too. Which could be the reason he was such a hit and instant star in Fresh Prince; he was playing a character pretty close to how he was.

Dwanye Johnson TAFKA The Rock is said to be an ESFP he is pretty much one of the only celebrity predictions I can't call bullshit on.

redacted

What about Mike "the situation" from Jersey Shore?

The most clear ESTP on TV imo.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Also, I think Eli Roth is a pretty awesome ESTP.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course it's easy to pick out the incredibly in your face characters as ESTPs... but how about some of the more low key ones? :huh: This list is making me feel itchy somehow, as most of those of my type listed are the type that make me feel my fight or flight kick in...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course it's easy to pick out the incredibly in your face characters as ESTPs... but how about some of the more low key ones? :huh: This list is making me feel itchy somehow, as most of those of my type listed are the type that make me feel my fight or flight kick in...
I'm pretty sure Kathleen Cleary from Wedding Crashers is ESTP.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ not as normal as I'm talking about here :newwink:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where's the fun in being normal? ;)

DreamBeliever

I'm way late on commenting here, but whatevs I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to weigh in & say I think Will in real life is probs an ENFP. When it comes to the Fresh Prince characters, I think it goes like this:
Will- ESTP
Ashley- ISFP
Carlton- ISTJ
Hilary- ESFP
Uncle Phil- ESTJ
Aunt Viv- INFJ
Geoffrey- INTJ