• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP Hall of Fame

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Mister Sytpg is the second person to question my unofficial Promoter ESTP Hall of Fame in my signature.

Must we go through this one by one? Apparently we must. :rolli:

Andrew WK - reckless partier, fun-loving instigator taking the world by storm with simple melodies to make your lungs burst like helium balloons ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Billy Idol - badass rebellious rocker punching the air like a motherfucker ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Captain Jack Sparrow - clever sunuvabitch owning every smug fuck in the immediate vicinity, AND A PIRATE ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Diablo Cody - ex-stripper with zero film-making experience who creates a snarky, bitingly accurate movie novella about the life of a pregnant teenager that captures worldwide imagination ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

The Fonz - chick-magnet biker dude who could banish Osama bin Laden with a snap of his fingers ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Sydney Fife - clever son of a gun who knows what you're thinking at any given point of time and can singlehandedly triple your business income with a quick advertisting campaign ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Pippi Longstocking - this nine-year-old bitch-ass girl could rip your heart out and show it to you before you die all while holding her half-ton horse up in the air with one hand but fortunately for you is content to send you running away broke with your cashmere pants down around your ankles ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Fresh Prince of Bel Air - need anything be said? The man is fresh, aiight? Fresher than your mom was right out of the shower. So fresh he could spout pick-up lines to ten girls all before they had a chance to realize he was putting the moves on them ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Frankline "Hawkeye" Pierce - this guy has class, so much class he could neck a woman, do meatball surgery AND hold a glass of wine all while smacking you blindside with quick punny witticisms that sting so bad you'd be calling for mommy ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Captain Kirk - not content to simply challenge the highest school authorities to their face, this badass motherfucker sneaked onto the Enterprise only to become Captain in a matter of hours after getting into a beatdown with the dude he replaced ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Grace Slick - iconic wild, un-tamed rocker chick that would set your hair on fire with gasoline while shoving her tongue down your throat ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Madonna - she's Madonna. ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Frank Abagnale, Jr. - successfully conned his way into the three well-known professions that are the successively top three causes of suicide in university flunk-outs ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Tyler Durden - badass motherfucker who persuades a whole generation of young adult males to beat the shit out of themselves ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Rufio - badass punk kid with a fiery rebellious streak the size of Montana, so big you'd think he grew up without a father ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Peter Pan - runs with braves, swoons foxy mermaids, and turns the most ruthless pirate into a whining ninny, with the balls to crow like a rooster while doing it, and the style to pull it off ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Robin Hood - mocks the imperial sovereignty of the reigning king, stealing riches from his fat pockets for the sake of the poor it really belongs to, inciting a nationwide revolt and turning conventional morality on its head ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Andrew Jackson - bands together a motley crew of renegade volunteers, freed slaves, pirates and natives to fight off the imperial British force - and WINS! ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Winston Churchill - tactfully led the whole of Britain through the worst war this world has ever seen with the silver-tongued voice of the poets, deftly and coolly playing his political hand like a professional poker player ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

Mae West - beautiful blonde actress with all the saavy snarky attitude of a political commentator ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Uh . . . good for you?

While I truly can't tolerate some people in this list (I'm looking at Diablo Cody and Madonna), there's some nice names too.

Also, just typing "ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED" doesn't really mean anything. It's like if I wrote "Martin Luther King, Jr . . . NAZI BELIEFS CONFIRMED"

I guess I just don't understand why this is necessary.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Will Smith/Fresh Prince is about as ENFP as it gets.

Andrew WK is hilariously ESFP, maybe even ISFP.

Winston Churchill was an incredibly structured traditionalist, ESTJ for sure.

Rufio struck me as an F that had to grow up a lot very fast and built a fake tough exterior to support it. Probably ISFP.

Robin Hood is Fi as fuck, with his constant moral crusade against socioeconomic injustice. Probably ISFP.

Peter Pan is certainly not "the ultimate realist" (as the ESTP is often termed), as he constantly wanted to escape reality and live in a dream. INFP or ENFP, definitely not an SP.

And Tyler Durden strikes me as ENTJ, but that's a pretty long explanation.

Also, just typing "ESTP TYPE CONFIRMED" doesn't really mean anything. It's like if I wrote "Martin Luther King, Jr . . . NAZI BELIEFS CONFIRMED"

this, lol

KDude

Hey! If he wants to take Peter PAn, he can take him :D We ISFPs don't want him.

[edit] Damnit I do not read :doh:

I think I was making an MJ association (ISFP). Yeah, Peter Pan is more NF.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Haha, you guys really don't know what the heck you're talking about. That's why MBTI sucks a load.

I'll explain later.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, you guys really don't know what the heck you're talking about. That's why MBTI sucks a load.

I'll explain later.

I'm using neo-Jungian typology, not MBTI.

When I say someone is ISFP I just mean he's Fi dominant and Se auxiliary, in terms of Jung's functions.

I couldn't really care less what MBTI has to say about that.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I'll explain later.

Odd argument, considering the purpose of the entire thread was pointing out people who are exemplars of your own type. If it's nonsense, why bother? You've no obvious connection with them aside from typology.

PS: Also, granted, based on a far higher number of post counts, you are likely more educated on the intricacies of this forum as a society and the MBTI system than I. I may either misinterpret or fully misunderstand your meaning.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know a lot about most of these people/characters. But I totally agree with you on Captain Kirk (the one from the new movie) and The Fonz.

Madonna I'm still not sure about. She seems very Idealist sometimes. Always reinventing herself and changing her image. I've always had this, call it intution ;), that she is a little different than she is sometimes portrayed.

Andrew WK, Sydney Fife, Frank Abagnale, Jr.,Tyler Durden

I have no idea who any of those people are.

I'm using neo-Jungian typology, not MBTI.

When I say someone is ISFP I just mean he's Fi dominant and Se auxiliary, in terms of Jung's functions.

I couldn't really care less what MBTI has to say about that.

And here we see why simulatedworld sucks at typing. He just makes up his own system and declares things with nothing to back it up because he's too neo-Jungian to do that for you. :D

But really, that's the trouble with all the celebrity typing and the "what's my type?" threads. Too many people using different systems and then arguing apples and oranges. stellar is making his observations from actual behavior of people and simulatedworld by what he speculates might be in their heads. I know which one I'd trust more, but the point is they are talking two different systems so of course they're going to disagree a lot. It's like one beauty pageant contestant being judged only by the swimsuit competition by one judge, and another judging her only on her rambling answer to a question about maps.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And here we see why simulatedworld sucks at typing. He just makes up his own system and declares things with nothing to back it up because he's too neo-Jungian to do that for you. :D

And here we see why Jeffster is even worse at trolling than I am at typing.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Will Smith/Fresh Prince is about as ENFP as it gets.

Peter Pan is certainly not "the ultimate realist" (as the ESTP is often termed), as he constantly wanted to escape reality and live in a dream. INFP or ENFP, definitely not an SP.ol

Yep. Fresh Prince is the epitome of ENFPness.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have no idea who any of those people are.

Andrew WK: A musician in the key of hard rock. Has a predilection for party songs and messing up his face on purpose for album covers.

Sydney Fife: Had to look this up, but found I was familiar with the character. Jason Segel's character in "I Love You, Man".

Frank Abagnale: One of the most successful con men to ever live. The film "Catch Me if You Can" is based on him.

Tyler Durden: Brad Pitt's character in the movie "Fight Club". Founder of the Fight Club, wannabe terrorist.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
And here we see why Jeffster is even worse at trolling than I am at typing.

lollercoaster2.gif

I think Jeffster has a brain, Sim.

Uh oh. Should I be worried? :newwink:

Andrew WK: A musician in the key of hard rock. Has a predilection for party songs and messing up his face on purpose for album covers.

Sydney Fife: Had to look this up, but found I was familiar with the character. Jason Segel's character in "I Love You, Man".

Frank Abagnale: One of the most successful con men to ever live. The film "Catch Me if You Can" is based on him.

Tyler Durden: Brad Pitt's character in the movie "Fight Club". Founder of the Fight Club, wannabe terrorist.

Thanks for the info. I always wondered who the sea captain dude in stellar's pic was, but I always forgot to ask.

I'm not seeing Will from Fresh Prince as an ENFP, but I admit I haven't seen it in a while, so I won't argue until I see it again, if I ever do.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I use the Keirsey system because the MBTI one doesn't make any sense and confuses the fuck out of everyone. That's why no one can ever agree on anything here and so many sensors think they're abstractoids. :doh:

It's like pretty much every person here is judging the beauty contest by a different competition. Because of the simple fact that you just can't read peoples' minds or view the intangible. It's a hopeless cause, and makes it that much easier for you to project qualities onto someone.

Well, I take that back. You can view the intangible when it becomes visible through action.

Since when are Idealists about image? They're all about being genuine and real and making deep connections with people. That's like the antithesis of creating an image because it goes way beyond appearances for them. Creating an image is an Artisan but specifically Promoter trait. And with it, reinventing yourself, since we can't stick with the same old thing for very long. :newwink: I just think she has somewhat of an Idealist streak to her, like I have.

Will Smith may or may not be ENFP, but the Fresh Prince certainly wasn't. Since when did the Prince ever enable anyone? When was he ever sensitive to anyone's needs or try to form connections with people? He pretty much constantly left his extended family in the dust or took advantage of their good nature with his schemes.

I could buy Andrew WK as an ESFP. Actually I'm not sure I can provide too many arguments for why he wouldn't be at this point in time. I just claimed him because he's so badass. I think there's reason to believe he might be an initiator, though.

I don't know too much about Winston Churchill but he definitely seems like a Promoter to me. Charming, debonair, living richly, speaking poetically, leading with style and spontaneous excitement. That man had life to him.

Rufio... an F? Okay, let's get this straight. Everyone has feelings. duh. It's what face you show to the world most of the time that determines your type.

Psychological type isn't about who you really are, just how you act.

Robin Hood wasn't an intensely furious crusader, he just took the wide-open opportunity before him to live by the seat of his britches. He was carefree, whimsical and relaxed, not to mention focused on the present moment. It's highly doubtful an Idealist would be the best archer in the land, yo.

Peter Pan doesn't escape into his head, though. We Artisans like to live for constant excitement. That's all Peter Pan was about! He was all about constant spur of the moment action. Champions can be like that sometimes, but they just talk too much.

Tyler Durden... well, I've only seen the movie once actually, so I'm working from my pieced together memory, but he wasn't intensely focused on overcoming puzzling challenges like an ENTJ would be. I could almost buy it not least because as Keirsey explains, the closest type from another temperament to an ESTP is the ENTJ, but Tyler Durden was just too spontaneous and silky smooth with his words to be placed as a Rational.

I could also almost buy ENTP for Jack Sparrow, but again he's not focused on logic or solving challenges so much as being slick and turning the tables on people. I'd think an ENTP would be much more committed to the truth than Sparrow was.

I guess I just don't understand why this is necessary.
:yay: :rofl1: TROLL'D! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl1: :yay:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, thanks for filling me in on the most basic principles of typology. I had no idea!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, thanks for filling me in on the most basic principles of typology. I had no idea!

Bout time you showed some gratitude, boy!

Now make stellar a sandwich.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, and when you're done, make yourself a sandwich. And one for Jeffster, of course.

And when you're done with that, order pizza for the entire forums. Extra cheese, no olives.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually I was watching the Inside the Actor's Studio on Will Smith last night and he DID seem very ExFP to me, but more S than N... if you watched how he interacted with the audience and the camera he was VERY present and in the moment, and I've never gotten that sense while watching an ENFP, or any N for that matter... sorry people :)

... come to think of it, that man had a work ethic that any ExTJ would be envious of as well :shock: