No one has seen this. Really?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    LIE

Default Type guesses for Heat

Definitely I have seen Heat. Excellent movie (warning: spoilers!)

Neil (Robert DeNiro): ISTJ. The scene where he calls off a heist just because he hears an out-of-place clanging sound coming from across the street shows that he is 100% present and has acute senses - an S. It also shows that he is not a risk-taker (hence, not an ISTP). He's detached (I), but he's very realistic and grounded. His plans are airtight, and there is nothing experimental about anything he does. He's the J-type, who buys the explosives and deals with the fence while the rest of his crew (basically, a lot of XSTPs) take operational/tactical roles. And there is just no way this guy is an F.

Chris (Val Kilmer): ISTP. He's a gambler, clearly an action junkie, but he's reasonably introverted and has a lot of random technical skills (breaking into vaults, sniping people). He drives a sports car and is a lot less careful than Neil, so it's obvious he's using extraverted sensing and is a P-type. He's emotional and breaks stuff around his wife, but again there is just no way this guy is an F. He flips the kill switch in that sweet bank robbery scene instantaneously, without thinking. ISTP.

Michael Cheritto (Tom Sizemore): ESTP. "For me, the action is the juice" - Can you imagine any type other than ESTP saying that? He's like Chris, except he's a much bigger talker and we don't see him using as many technical abilities.

Waingro: ISTP. He's basically your worst-case scenario ISTP.

Vincent (Al Pacino): ENTJ. N makes sense here because of how good he is at at jumping from a couple facts at a crime scene to an accurate picture of what went down. He tells people what's what and gives instructions in the most directive and efficient manner possible. ENTJ makes more sense than ESTJ because I think that what impresses him about Neil is his STJ methodicalness and detail-oriented caution. Another STJ would be more like "of course" about what Neil does. He also has the total career focus and absenteeism from home, failed marriages, etc.

Ashley Judd's character: ENFP. She's primarily concerned with the future of her child and "making forward progress like real responsible adults". She goes with things like a P-type and responds to events as they happen rather than in a fixed, J-type way.

Al Pacino's third wife: ISFP, because she looks like one. She has that cool way about her when she's dealing with people.

Van Zant: My best guess is ENFJ. He's businesslike in his appearance and all we really know about the character is that he is trying to make a name for himself and that he has access to a lot of illicit cash. He's the careerist yuppie criminal, a kind of foil to Neil's crew. He doesn't seem very smart. He's not really weighing his options logically when he makes decisions. He takes the action he does towards Neil's crew based on the idea that letting Neil's guys buy back the bearer bonds would be bad for his business image.

As for Natalie Portman's character, she's pretty undeveloped. Since she tries to kill herself, I am going to guess INFP, but there is not a lot to go on.

Yeah, this movie is sweet.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I love this movie. Its a classic!

Some good points ControlY. I vary slightly:

Neil - ISTJ
    Vincent - ENTJ
    Chris - ISTP
    Charlene - ESFP
    Eady - ISFP
    Justine - ENFP
    Michael - ESTP
    Waingro - ESTP
    Van Zant - ENTJ
    Lauren - INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ControlY View Post
    Since she tries to kill herself, I am going to guess INFP

Her type is "self-absorbed teenager"
    Hello

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by ControlY View Post
    Definitely I have seen Heat. Excellent movie (warning: spoilers!)

Neil (Robert DeNiro): ISTJ. The scene where he calls off a heist just because he hears an out-of-place clanging sound coming from across the street shows that he is 100% present and has acute senses - an S. It also shows that he is not a risk-taker (hence, not an ISTP). He's detached (I), but he's very realistic and grounded. His plans are airtight, and there is nothing experimental about anything he does. He's the J-type, who buys the explosives and deals with the fence while the rest of his crew (basically, a lot of XSTPs) take operational/tactical roles. And there is just no way this guy is an F.

Chris (Val Kilmer): ISTP. He's a gambler, clearly an action junkie, but he's reasonably introverted and has a lot of random technical skills (breaking into vaults, sniping people). He drives a sports car and is a lot less careful than Neil, so it's obvious he's using extraverted sensing and is a P-type. He's emotional and breaks stuff around his wife, but again there is just no way this guy is an F. He flips the kill switch in that sweet bank robbery scene instantaneously, without thinking. ISTP.

Michael Cheritto (Tom Sizemore): ESTP. "For me, the action is the juice" - Can you imagine any type other than ESTP saying that? He's like Chris, except he's a much bigger talker and we don't see him using as many technical abilities.

Waingro: ISTP. He's basically your worst-case scenario ISTP.

Vincent (Al Pacino): ENTJ. N makes sense here because of how good he is at at jumping from a couple facts at a crime scene to an accurate picture of what went down. He tells people what's what and gives instructions in the most directive and efficient manner possible. ENTJ makes more sense than ESTJ because I think that what impresses him about Neil is his STJ methodicalness and detail-oriented caution. Another STJ would be more like "of course" about what Neil does. He also has the total career focus and absenteeism from home, failed marriages, etc.

Ashley Judd's character: ENFP. She's primarily concerned with the future of her child and "making forward progress like real responsible adults". She goes with things like a P-type and responds to events as they happen rather than in a fixed, J-type way.

Al Pacino's third wife: ISFP, because she looks like one. She has that cool way about her when she's dealing with people.

Van Zant: My best guess is ENFJ. He's businesslike in his appearance and all we really know about the character is that he is trying to make a name for himself and that he has access to a lot of illicit cash. He's the careerist yuppie criminal, a kind of foil to Neil's crew. He doesn't seem very smart. He's not really weighing his options logically when he makes decisions. He takes the action he does towards Neil's crew based on the idea that letting Neil's guys buy back the bearer bonds would be bad for his business image.

As for Natalie Portman's character, she's pretty undeveloped. Since she tries to kill herself, I am going to guess INFP, but there is not a lot to go on.

Yeah, this movie is sweet.
    Nice job. Looks good to me. I'm wondering about Waingro though. Why ISTP, and not ESTP?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

One of my favorite movies!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

After re watching this film, I noticed a something. I do not really see many J characteristics coming from Neil. I agree he is an ISTx, but I think he's more of a p. He doesn't get involved with anything serious in his personal life, and doesn't make any commitments at all. ControlY mentions Neil being more careful than Chris, but I don't agree. Who gets away in the end? Neil does take risks, and thats his downfall in the end with Waingro. Anyway, thats that.