• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I dunno... you don't seem to be an INTJ today... feel your IQ slip about 100 points or so? :devil:

*basks in her apparently newfound intelligence*

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Per your normal refrain, this sounds more like Ni working in conjunction with a J function. But yes, you are kinda right.

True--that's definitely part Je as well.

At the same time, the drawback on this for Ne is that it goes off to left field too often, and generally in a chaotic, undisciplined way.

:whistling:

Ni is much more focused in its perceptual shifting.

True, but every once in a while we stumble upon some amazing gem that you guys missed because you weren't willing to look under every rock! ('Course, most of the time we don't find anything noteworthy, but it's all worth it for that one rare discovery...)

Not bad. But not perfect.

I'd say Ni is running around like a loon outside the box.

Ni is sitting there looking at the box, other boxes in the vicinity, and wondering whether there are any new ones to look through.

I assume one of these is supposed to be Ne. Is it the former?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Once again, no offense Poki, but, based off this string of comments, your understanding of Ni sounds piss poor... :huh:

Honestly, no offense, but you are completely wrong on this.

INTJs figure out new patterns, that no one else has seen before. That's the work of Ni.

You're mistaking Ni with Si.

So does your example. Your confusing what you want with what actually is ;) "that no one else has seen before" is more tied to a dream or future idea that you are trying to accomplish then what is. You are the third INTJ that has mentioned this exact same thing. This is the INTJ dream or goal. Until you reach your dream or goal, its not a good definition of what an INTJ is, but what it tries to accomplish.

Why do you think INTJs are known as mad scientists? :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

:laugh:

True, but every once in a while we stumble upon some amazing gem that you guys missed because you weren't willing to look under every rock! ('Course, most of the time we don't find anything noteworthy, but it's all worth it for that one rare discovery...)

To be honest, it doesn't really bother me.

In fact, you guys are kind of like a good retriever in this regard.

Go run around, kid! :wink:

I assume one of these is supposed to be Ne. Is it the former?

Edited. Thanks.

:D

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hey sister, I'm AT work.

We INTJs are just that good at multi-tasking! :wink:

As evidenced below ...

I'd say Ni is running around like a loon outside the box.

Ni is sitting there looking at the box, other boxes in the vicinity, and wondering whether there are any new ones to look through.

I had to point that out ...

Edit: I see you fixed it, BUT NOT BEFORE the multi-quote!

C'mon over here, :hug: ya knows I luv ya!

G

Ginkgo

If all hamsters run on wheels, and all INTJs are hamsters, does that mean that all INTJs run on wheels?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

oh no!!! now people are going to realize what fun really is and they're ALL going to want to be SPs and I won't be special anymore :boohoo:

oh wait... I'm an INTJ... fun is for losers, I take standardized tests in my spare time :devil:

G

Ginkgo

Valid, but not sound!

funny-pictures-hamster-kiss-glass.jpg

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Read em and weep kiddo's: based on PeaceBaby's source...

Type Gifted / Norm Ratio
ESFJ 0.24
ESTJ 0.26
ESFP 0.28
ISFP 0.40
ISFJ 0.40
ESTP 0.49
ISTP 0.78
ISTJ 0.99
ENFJ 1.26
ENTJ 1.49
ENFP 2.03
ENTP 2.32
INFJ 2.67
INFP 2.68
INTJ 2.87
INTP 3.40

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Use some Ni and ask yourself what unfounded assumptions those statistics are making.

For instance: What reason do we have to believe that the skills tested are representative of total overall intelligence or giftedness? What if giftedness can't be measured on one linear numerical scale?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*sigh*

and after I took time out of planning world domination on my computer to explain testing biases and sociological influences to you and you're STILL insisting that shitty data is king! :rolli:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Read em and weep kiddo's: based on PeaceBaby's source...

Type Gifted / Norm Ratio
ESFJ 0.24
ESTJ 0.26
ESFP 0.28
ISFP 0.40
ISFJ 0.40
ESTP 0.49
ISTP 0.78
ISTJ 0.99
ENFJ 1.26
ENTJ 1.49
ENFP 2.03
ENTP 2.32
INFJ 2.67
INFP 2.68
INTJ 2.87
INTP 3.40

I know an ESTJ that scored a 70, that chart must be dead on accurate:D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ Use some Ni and ask yourself what unfounded assumptions those statistics are making.

For instance: What reason do we have to believe that the skills tested are representative of total overall intelligence or giftedness? What if giftedness can't be measured on one linear numerical scale?

*sigh*

and after I took time out of planning world domination on my computer to explain testing biases and sociological influences to you and you're STILL insisting that shitty data is king! :rolli:

Remember, I don't go run willy nilly outside the box.

I can see those statistics for exactly what they're worth.