• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

G

Ginkgo

Silly is trying to say that there is a universal concept of selfishness and altruism, regardless of type. Fi,Ne, and Te inaction.

simulated responds by saying that is irrelevant to the point - which is that selfishness and altruism are individually perceived and judged, conditioned by type and/or personal perspective. Ne, Ti, and Fe inaction.

It's awesome possum to see people arguing about functional analysis because they cannot analyze their own functions.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
:yes:

Reading this reminds me of how in certain circumstances infanticide can be not only justified, but altruistic.

Infanticide is justifiable because a baby suckles on its mother's nipple?

No surprise that we're declining as a civilization.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
"All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth."
--Nietzsche

Sim, no offense, but I'm confident that I'm much more familiar with Nietzsche than you, so just be wary of throwing his quotes around like that...

I will bite...

:jew:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The one thing you forgot to consider is that, just maybe, having strong Fi along with Fe, enables her to separate (false) perception from reality, and she knows deep down that Fi is indeed not selfish.

I don't see that you've provided any reliable means of separating false perception from reality. How would you know if your perception of true reality were false?

I would agree that no function is inherently selfish on its own, but that use of some functions can, at times, appear selfish to others who are not predisposed toward those functions.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hahaha. This thread is brilliant.

I assume it was created as a response to the "ESFPs are stupid myth." This is what it's come to? You're comforting yourselves by attempting to "prove" that INTJ intelligence is a "myth" using your twisted logic and nitpicking of individual INTJs?

Absolutely hilarious.

The only "myth" here is your delusional belief in type equality.
INTJs do tend to be intelligent, wanna cookie?

As for social and interpersonal intelligence, *in general*, like your INTP bruthas, y'all tend to suckus maximus.

So, please continue to be intellectually superior as you masturbate to anime on a perpetual and pathetic basis while ESFPs are having the time of their lives, and getting plenty laid, too. ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sim, no offense, but I'm confident that I'm much more familiar with Nietzsche than you, so just be wary of throwing his quotes around like that...

I will bite...

:jew:

I would like that, actually. I don't doubt your superior familiarity with Nietzsche; I just find it strange that an INTJ who's big enough on Nietzsche to use Zarathustra as his handle would believe in the idea of absolute truth in the first place.

You're fucking retarded, dude.

NO HE'S NOT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR INTJs TO BE DUMB!!!!!!!!!!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More Nietzsche that seems to clash with the idea of "distinguishing truth from perception":

"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths."

"There are no facts, only interpretations."

"There are no moral phenomena at all, but only a moral interpretation of phenomena."

Absolute truth = Reality

You cannot perceive reality without being subject to your own perceptual biases.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I don't see that you've provided any reliable means of separating false perception from reality. How would you know if your perception of true reality were false?

I would agree that no function is inherently selfish on its own, but that use of some functions can, at times, appear selfish to others who are not predisposed toward those functions.

I used to think I knew everything; then I thought I knew everything when I thought no one knew anything; now I think that I know something since I know that no one knows whether they know anything, even if they know something.

- Zarathustra, Myspace profile

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
More Nietzsche that seems to clash with the idea of "distinguishing truth from perception":

"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths."

"There are no facts, only interpretations."

"There are no moral phenomena at all, but only a moral interpretation of phenomena."

You cannot perceive reality without being subject to your own perceptual biases.

Yes, I know all these quotes, and am very familiar with each and every one of them.

Hence, my warning.

Because I'm past them.

As Nietzsche wanted the philosophers of the future to be.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to think I knew everything; then I thought I knew everything when I thought no one knew anything; now I think that I know something since I know that no one knows whether they know anything, even if they know something.

- Zarathustra, Myspace profile

Haha. That's amusing. I guess the only thing we can really know is that there is a great deal we do not and will never know.

So given this, how is it that you're able to separate perception from reality? Isn't it kind of central to the Ni perspective that truth is but a frame of reference, and that our perceptual biases will always prevent us from experiencing absolute truth?

P.S.,

Let's all stop engaging this moron. Maybe he'll go away and continue masturbating to Glenn Beck speeches or whatever the hell it is he does.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, he certainly wasn't a scientist.

Do you believe in a transcendent reality?

A reality that is and can only be glimpsed at by our mere and vastly lacking sensors?

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs do tend to be intelligent, wanna cookie?

As for social and interpersonal intelligence, *in general*, like your INTP bruthas, y'all tend to suckus maximus.

Don't compare INTJs to INTPs, as we are not at all similar. INTPs are the wishful thinkers who tend to blow hot air, and express their opinions despite their vacuous content - much like their ENTP cousins, actually.

So, please continue to be intellectually superior as you masturbate to anime on a perpetual and pathetic basis while ESFPs are having the time of their lives, and getting plenty laid, too. ;)

Can and will do. ;)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I would like that, actually. I don't doubt your superior familiarity with Nietzsche; I just find it strange that an INTJ who's big enough on Nietzsche to use Zarathustra as his handle would believe in the idea of absolute truth in the first place.

NO HE'S NOT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR INTJs TO BE DUMB!!!!!!!!!!

See my two last posts.

(Not the one's about the ingrate)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Absolute truth encompasses all that was, is, and will be.

It is everything, in every thing.

Whether we perceive it or not is somewhat irrelevant, regardless, reality exists.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
So given this, how is it that you're able to separate perception from reality? Isn't it kind of central to the Ni perspective that truth is but a frame of reference, and that our perceptual biases will always prevent us from experiencing absolute truth?

Sim, we've got plenty of time (at another time) to get into that one.

Let's just say this is one of my areas of strength, as I've obsessed over it for about eight years now (i.e., since first reading Nietzsche).

G

Ginkgo

Well, he certainly wasn't a scientist.

Do you believe in a transcendent reality?

Yes.

A reality that is and can only be glimpsed at by our mere and vastly lacking sensors?

No. You are viewing a holographic version of this reality. And if you've ever seen a 3D movie, you know that holographs are illusory. :)

EDIT: Luckily, the holograph suffices for surviving in the reality itself, which suggests that it is not dissimilar.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I know all these quotes, and am very familiar with each and every one of them.

Hence, my warning.

Because I'm past them.

As Nietzsche wanted the philosophers of the future to be.

Okay, well, I'd really enjoy hearing about it whenever you have the time. I don't mean that as a challenge--I'm genuinely curious to hear what you have to say about it, as I'm sure you're more familiar with Nietzsche than I am.