• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Your SW Horoscope™ for today says you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Last week I was frayed by Groo and this week I be eaten by a grue. What are the odds!

Groo the Wanderer
GROO.jpg

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Keep it up, the off topic whining is really convincing.

My response was perfectly on topic--that's why it's in this thread and not another one. It's not "rude" to respond to a publicly posted question in a public thread, and in no way does it prevent Z from also responding when he wants to.

If you don't want to read my posts, you have an ignore button for a reason. If you feel that they're off topic, please feel free to report them to mods. I'm sure that if your concerns have merit, my supposedly inappropriate posts will be moved or deleted.

No need for that.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Technically, Intelligence is. This being tendency of NT having more potential of "umbrella". We can learn social ability but it's pretty difficult to learn how the universe works.

Why is it so hard to learn about the universe? I'd say it's harder to learn social ability because people, unlike the universe are very unique and social ability is not a one size fits all approach. The universe, for the most part, is not changing. It's vast and infinite, so there's always something to learn, and anbyody can pick up a text book and learn the universe. There's no learning social ability without actually going out there and socializing, which is not the forte of most INTJs.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Why is it so hard to learn about the universe? I'd say it's harder to learn social ability because people, unlike the universe are very unique and social ability is not a one size fits all approach. The universe, for the most part, is not changing. It's vast and infinite, so there's always something to learn, but anbyody can pick up a text book and learn the universe. There's no learning social ability without actually going out there and socializing, which is not the forte of most INTJs.

The universe includes social interactions. The mechanisms that rule them ultimately derive from the mechanisms that rule the universe.
To the NT mind they can therefore be analysed in a similar manner.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Could you explain it?

And do it justice? Probably not.

I know when I can give a full answer to something.

On this, I can't. And neither can you.

Your thought-path is certainly part of the overall picture.

But it's not the whole thing.

I will ponder it more, and get back to you later.

If I didn't have 500 bankrupt companies that I had to pore over and build a database of by tomorrow morning, I might start doing it right now.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
K, thanks. Looking forward to your answer (no sarcasm.)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
The fact of the matter is that while there are different kinds of intelligences, certain kinds of intelligence help you "get ahead" in the world more than others.

That's the type of intelligence that's generally measured in standardized tests (although emotional intelligence isn't, and that certainly helps you get ahead, especially when combined with the intelligence that is tested by standardized tests).

Get ahead in school, and maybe some entry level job. As you move up the ladder, and get more responisbility, you are required to use other skills. Even if you do work someplace where the NT approach is encouraged, even rewarded, you'll find that the overally culture of the place is cutthroat, backstabbing and abrasive. You lose some good potential as well, because they'd rather work somewhere with people who possess a soul. That type of atmosphere is doable, but when it's all said and done, it's not worth it, especially if everything you are fighting for you never realize.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
The universe includes social interactions. The mechanisms that rule them ultimately derive from the mechanisms that rule the universe.
To the NT mind they can therefore be analysed in a similar manner.

And they couldn't by an NF, SP, or SJ who took the time and read it, and analyzed it? It might come natuarlly to an NT through preference, but if I took the time to dive into the deeper stuff I'd eventually get it too. It's not that hard to undertstand, but it might not be my first choice to study it. Especially with all of the theory that goes on and on and on. Just not my thing. But I could and would get it.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
And they couldn't by an NF, SP, or SJ who took the time and read it, and analyzed it? It might come natuarlly to an NT through preference, but if I took the time to dive into the deeper stuff I'd eventually get it too. It's not that hard to undertstand, but it might not be my first choice to study it. Especially with all of the theory that goes on and on and on. Just not my thing. But I could and would get it.

Of course it could come to all types, through their preferences. No one holds the best, most effective way.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
And do it justice? Probably not.

I know when I can give a full answer to something.

On this, I can't. And neither can you.

Your thought-path is certainly part of the overall picture.

But it's not the whole thing.

I will ponder it more, and get back to you later.

If I didn't have 500 bankrupt companies that I had to pore over and build a database of by tomorrow morning, I might start doing it right now.

You don't need to justify taking as much time as you need to answer the question. We'll wait with anticipation. :hi: