User Tag List

First 20606869707172 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

But then I just go on TypeC anyway to get my fill of reflection and debate...

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    :ouch:
    At least we're slightly more coherent than the ENFPs...

P.S.,

Despite your implications to the contrary, Ne doesn't ignore context; it just prefers to relate disparate contexts instead of focus on the current one.
    Both ENTPs and INTJs have severe blind spots. From an organizational perspective, both will tend to reach levels of upper management due to skill sets, but both can then cripple an organization if they are unaware of their weaknesses.

(Of course enfps are totally lacking in any logic whatsoever and should never be taught to read, let alone any credence be give to their ability to think logically. No arguments there. You shouldnt even give us pointed objects as we might blind ourselves in our attempts to fall in love with them.)

MBTI
    INTJ

So what the hell is going on in this thread, people trying to tell me I'm not all that? Well, fuck you too.

Oh wait--y'all are looking for objective ways to say I'm not all that? Like, intelligence, objectively, is in general inadequately defined? Well, still, fuck you too. Do this discussion on ENTPs instead. Explain for them why they're not all that. Use the lack of objective definition of intelligence to explain how they can't claim too much on account of their natural cognitive preferences. Bonus points if you underestimate some key cognitive functions.

As Nietzsche said, what have you done for me lately?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ

The Neet more exactly said something like:

"All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. You have made your way from worm to man, and much in you is still worm. Once you were apes, and even now, too, man is more ape than any ape."

As has been pointed out, this drive cannot be defining of what it is to be INTJ, merely a dream, because it is an estimate of the future, not the present. You can't expect anything to come of speculating about the future, my Lawd!

Now, generally speaking, to be driving toward the future and have separated it from the present by virtue of expecting to create that future, and in some sense already having done so... do you judge the intelligence of the journey by its outcomes, its accuracy of prediction or its conceptual sophistication? It's connection to reality? It's conception of reality as created rather than held to? What?

Frankly, who cares? The drive is to expression of thought conceived to be original. Are we still talking about INTJ objective talents or do you guys want to go on about intelligence in general?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Honestly, I feel like this thread is as used up as a two dollar whore...

Time to put her to rest...

She who burns twice as brightly burns half as long...

MBTI
    INTJ

[youtube=HNJC2_WZg_g]We Are The CHOSEN![/youtube]

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I can sum this all up neatly:

INTJ's have their own special talents and abilities, just like everyone else.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Ginkgo

I see an error in disseminating the meaning of intelligence. In each case, we are attributing intellect with a certain cognitive ability of a person, correct? We are giving credence to an activity, such as logic, pattern recognition, or memory retention, correct?

What if we were to say that a person is intelligent at being stupid, and stupid and being intelligent?

Haven't we now crossed into the realm of contradictory meanings? When we splinter the meaning in different diverging directions, we eventually have to feign the opposite direction for consistency, right?

It's kind of like, if you were to give a swordsman multiple techniques for killing his opponent. He can lunge, parry, sidestep, cleave, hack, adjust his stance etc etc. But then their comes the technique of seppuku, which is intended for another purpose; but it still stands to reason that seppuku is a technique.

And intelligence is no longer defined as intelligence, it is defined by technique.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'd like to go out on a limb here and admit that I borderline worship INTJs and I think they're every bit as smart as people say they are. Probably because they're uber rational and have the emotional self-control I lack, and less of a dependence upon other people. Even my female role model - Hillary Rodham Clinton - is an INTJ. It's pretty sad that I admire someone who I can't ever possibly grow up to be. *sighs* But that's the problem with this thread right there: I think the people who are complaining are just pissed they'll never grow up to be INTJs. I've accepted it, and I'd rather just set a trap and catch one of my very own to keep as a pet.

Seriously, though, there are obviously other kinds of intelligence.