User Tag List

First 1555636465666775 Last

Results 641 to 650 of 793

  1. #641
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default





    now get to it and become enlightened as to what REAL intellegence is!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #642
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    No, because he discovered something with his mind that almost no other human being would have been able to do, for lack of enough intelligence.
    He discovered something that no other human being had. You are mixing past, present, and future again. In the past not enough was known and in the future to much was known. He was intelligent for his time, but his intelligence inregards to what he knew has been passed time and time again.

    You are simply taking intelligence at that time of discovering something new and locking it in. It aligns perfectly with INTJ goal to find something new and exciting and want that intelligence to be locked in as well.
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #643
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Cancer is never gunna be cured. Cancer is what happens to life after it's existed long enough to have complications/imperfections arise (and multiply).
    cancer is immortality.

    What....oh nevermind I figured it out.

  4. #644
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    cancer is immortality.

    What....oh nevermind I figured it out.
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #645
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    He discovered something that no other human being had. You are mixing past, present, and future again. In the past not enough was known and in the future to much was known. He was intelligent for his time, but his intelligence inregards to what he knew has been passed time and time again.

    You are simply taking intelligence at that time of discovering something new and locking it in. It aligns perfectly with INTJ goal to find something new and exciting and want that intelligence to be locked in as well.
    Poki, no offense, but what's your point?

    I never said other human beings weren't capable of understanding his discovery.

    Once again, no offense, but your statement is essentially pointless...

  6. #646
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    to poki!!!!! Here are some texas wildflowers for you!


  7. #647
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I think labeling either more intelligent than the other is probably a mistake because they're exercising different kinds of intelligence.
    So, let's say we define intelligence in a more conventional way, such as "demonstrated skill in solving abstract puzzles." Yeah, sure, that's a very particular definition, which will result in very particular biases when measured among many groups, but of what use is a definition of intelligence that encompasses "all kinds of intelligence?" Does such a definition have any purpose other than to let people feel good about themselves?

    Should I define "height" as "different kinds of height," such as "height with shoes", "height while barefoot", "height while sitting", "height while laying down" ... ? The word "height" becomes useless.

    There's a reason intelligence tests are based in large part on abstract reasoning: when measuring specific skills, such as farming or cooking or dancing or playing flute or accounting or electrical engineering, the level of exposure to the material plays a much more significant role than with a well-designed IQ test. The test has to be abstract, otherwise it cannot measure any sort of "general intelligence," as in "ability to quickly reason."

    This very fact is what will limit the scores those whose skills and training and tendencies benefit more from being less abstract, and be biased in favor of those who regularly employ abstract reasoning.

    The problem is not the measure of intelligence, here, but that many people (not just INTJs) think that "abstract reasoning" is better, and it turns into a competition for imagined superiority rather than a measure of a useful skill.

  8. #648
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Poki, no offense, but what's your point?

    I never said other human beings weren't capable of understanding his discovery.

    Once again, no offense, but your statement is essentially pointless...
    He is saying that Einstein's intelligence was relative ...






    oh, my sides hurt I am laughing so much ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  9. #649
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Poki, can you think about how you love other people? When love them and care for them do you feel as though the perceiving functions-Ni,Se-play a role somehow?

    Do you perceive people you love in a different way from problems you have to solve? (No underlying theory or anything, just curious)

  10. #650
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    So, let's say we define intelligence in a more conventional way, such as "demonstrated skill in solving abstract puzzles." Yeah, sure, that's a very particular definition, which will result in very particular biases when measured among many groups, but of what use is a definition of intelligence that encompasses "all kinds of intelligence?" Does such a definition have any purpose other than to let people feel good about themselves?

    Should I define "height" as "different kinds of height," such as "height with shoes", "height while barefoot", "height while sitting", "height while laying down" ... ? The word "height" becomes useless.

    There's a reason intelligence tests are based in large part on abstract reasoning: when measuring specific skills, such as farming or cooking or dancing or playing flute or accounting or electrical engineering, the level of exposure to the material plays a much more significant role than with a well-designed IQ test. The test has to be abstract, otherwise it cannot measure any sort of "general intelligence," as in "ability to quickly reason."

    This very fact is what will limit the scores those whose skills and training and tendencies benefit more from being less abstract, and be biased in favor of those who regularly employ abstract reasoning.

    The problem is not the measure of intelligence, here, but that many people (not just INTJs) think that "abstract reasoning" is better, and it turns into a competition for imagined superiority rather than a measure of a useful skill.
    Hey, it's the voice of reason!

    I was gunna say the same thing with regards to PeaceBaby's post about "Farm IQ", but got bogged down in responding to Whatever's post.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Quotes, Songs, Commercials, GIFs
    By Nieland in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 09:21 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
  3. Words of Wisdom, Inspiring Quotes, etc
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Quote on Intution
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO