User Tag List

First 1151596061626371 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

there's also the studies that say that women and minorities score lower than white men on IQ tests... meaning that the test is racist AND sexist

*plans on kicking the test developers in the nuts someday soon*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    there's also the studies that say that women and minorities score lower than white men on IQ tests... meaning that the test is racist AND sexist

Were those studies conducted by white men, were the tests created by white men, were the...I smell a conspiracy theory here
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it was obviously the Klan

probably a Klan of white INTJ males
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    STP

it was obviously the Klan

probably a Klan of white INTJ males
    shhh.....do you think they know that we know that we know what they know?
    Im out, its been fun

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I've never heard the part about women scoring lower on average...

I've heard about women not being represented as much at the extreme parts of the distribution (high and low), and these findings seem to be completely understandable if you're willing and able to open your mind, be intellectually honest (I can understand how, not being an NT, this might be difficult for you ), and listen to the explanations as to why.

As for minorities, besides the potential for inherent racial differences in "intelligence", which, if we're going to be intellectually honest, we should keep our minds open to (I'm not saying there are indeed differences, and I have heard of no study that has actually convinced me of the matter, but I am saying it would be just as close-minded and intellectually dishonest to not be open to the possibility that it's true as it would be to simply say something retarded like, "Minorities are dumber than whites", without any credible evidence of it whatsoever), there can be obvious socioeconomic reasons for any currently observed disparities.

{NOTE: Please read, reread, and then reread that sentence again until you truly understand it, before you go about thinking I'm a racist and writing some stupid post attempting to allege that fact. I'm not a racist, never have been, have actually been vehemently anti-racist my entire life, my best friend since I was four is Mexican, my group of friends literally looks like the United Nations, and both my family and I expect me to marry someone who's outside my "race". That enough? (Please refrain from ignorant responses.)}

If white people had been enslaved by another society for 400 years, only to be free (and not even entirely, really) from that slavery for 145 years, and had little-to-no capital to build with at the beginning of that 145 years, I wouldn't expect them to score equally on an intelligence test as the group that enslaved them and ran that society for the previous 555 years...

I mean, I'm white as white can be, but I'm not offended that asians score higher on these tests than any other "race", including whites (quotes used to demonstrate that I personally believe race to largely be a social construct, based on certain phenotypal [and even potentially genotypal] differences amongst humans, which will eventually disappear for the most part [at least in America]).

Are we gunna say it's because asians were the ones making the test, and that the test is thus biased towards asians?

That notion is just retarded...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no... you just have to consider who wrote the test and what inherent biases that would include... we had to do a whole week of studies on IQ test results in one stats class and the problem is the test, not a difference in intelligence, because when other factors were taken into account and other tests were looked at the women and minorities did just as well as the white dudes

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Race doesn't produce bias in the type of questions offered to anywhere near the same extent that cognitive preference does. If Asians were making the test, they wouldn't design it to test how much "Asianness" people have.

The potential problem with the IQ tests is that the NTs who design them tend to already believe that NT intelligence is the intelligence, so the questions are biased toward that style of cognition because they're based on the skills associated with it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ which just goes back to my previous argument that some NTs have their heads up their asses

I was just stating what was studied there- that was the before and the after

MBTI
    STP

^ which just goes back to my previous argument that some NTs have their heads up their asses

I was just stating what was studied there- that was the before and the after
    Did the white dudes intelligence drop with the new test?
    Im out, its been fun

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Race doesn't produce bias in the type of questions offered to anywhere near the same extent that cognitive preference does. If Asians were making the test, they wouldn't design it to test how much "Asianness" people have.

The potential problem with the IQ tests is that the NTs who design them tend to already believe that NT intelligence is the intelligence, so the questions are biased toward that style of cognition because they're based on the skills associated with it.
    Sim, you didn't even respond to my previous post on this matter...

Until you do, I'm ignoring and considering irrelevant anything you write about it.