User Tag List

First 40484950515260 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Maybe.

But frankly, my goal is not to have my name remembered.

I design gardens, it's true. I do delve into urbanism as well.
    I just hope visitors appreciate what I do for them, because as a designer, I'm never really satisfied, whatever the praises I receive. The works I'm doing are more important than my ego, anyway. And if landscape theory can teach you something compared to architecture, it's humility, because you can't design trees: you have to follow their "envies" since they are biological organisms in constant evolution. That's also what I like: sometimes I claim to be an artist, yet my so-called "masterpieces" will always escape my grasp, and will eventually have a life of their own, until they dissolve once again in the great continuum of time.

The real world is always stronger. Nature is always stronger.
    As a little boy I organised the kids over a six month period to landscape the hill behind our hotel, culminating in Bon Fire Night when we invited all the neighbours to celebrate.

But I do have an ambition to be a designer - but not a landscape designer, rather a trance designer.

And so far I have designed a trance I call 5X5X5 or l'alternance.

My teacher is Dennis Wier and you can find him by clicking on -

Trance Research Foundation |

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Maybe.

But frankly, my goal is not to have my name remembered.

I design gardens, it's true. I do delve into urbanism as well.
    I just hope visitors appreciate what I do for them, because as a designer, I'm never really satisfied, whatever the praises I receive. The works I'm doing are more important than my ego, anyway. And if landscape theory can teach you something compared to architecture, it's humility, because you can't design trees: you have to follow their "envies" since they are biological organisms in constant evolution. That's also what I like: sometimes I claim to be an artist, yet my so-called "masterpieces" will always escape my grasp, and will eventually have a life of their own, until they dissolve once again in the great continuum of time.

The real world is always stronger. Nature is always stronger.
    That is beautiful blackmail. I may never see your particular gardens but as I walk in every town I visit, I always try and visit parks and gardens.
    My favorite is a tiny town in the netherlands called oosterhaut. It has these massive trees of some sort, all aligned, and big fields of crocuses growing between then. It is pretty traditional I bet but makes me feel like a fairy.

Your statement about "dissolving into the continuum of time". Deep truths slumber there....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    ERM doesn't seem to understand what the IQ ratio means...
    I said standard deviation 15.

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    Erm, i.q. does not loose its correlation with intelligence after 100. why would you think that?
    Define intelligence, without begging the question, and we can get into that deeper, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    That is beautiful blackmail.
    As I write we are planting a vast arboreum in the centre of Canberra for future generations.

We ran an international competition that was won, naturally, by a landscape architect.

Already we have planted many forests that overlook the city and the lake.

It will take a while to reach its full glory. And it is the glory of landscape architecture which will be here for as long as the city of Canberra.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Some pointless stuff moved. Carry on kids.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Liberty Corner: IQ and Personality

Don't forget, statistics lie.
    So do people. What is your point? Can they never tell the truth?
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    So do people. What is your point? Can they never tell the truth?
    Those were some very interesting statistics, but I'd really wanna know the source before I go on fully believing them...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Those were some very interesting statistics, but I'd really wanna know the source before I go on fully believing them...
    I don't have the source and neither does the author of the article. As I've already stated, statistics on personality and intelligence are difficult to come by.

Either way, until those statistics are proven wrong by a more definitive and credible source, I will use them as a reference guide.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I don't have the source and neither does the author of the article. As I've already stated, statistics on personality and intelligence are difficult to come by.

Either way, until those statistics are proven wrong by a more definitive and credible source, I will use them as a reference guide.
    Not sure whether you've read any books about MBTI, but I've seen some great statistics in some of them.

Might wanna check some out...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

@erm
    Intelligence= the ability to solve simple and complex problems and to understand and process information.

Please stop with the overly liberal non-sense.We all know essentially what intelligence means, I assume now you're going to get into a long drawn out speech ultimately leading to the conclusion that i.q. is meaningless and everyone is equally intelligent in their own way, no?That is a nice notion and allows everyone to feel good about themselves but it is not at all accurate.

I.q tests are not perfect, and i realize this, their are things like cultural biases and poverty to take into account, but chances are if your a white individual that was raised in a middle to upper class family then your i.q. is for the most part an accurate representation of your intelligence.