User Tag List

First 345671555 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

INTs are closest to the word INTelligent. Coincidence? Yes... it is. The stereotype of INTJ intellect would have derived from the obsessive nature of many INTJs trying to prove they are smarter than everyone else. A type obsessed with intellect and that is why they are associated with it. It does not however mean they have it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    INTs are closest to the word INTelligent. Coincidence? Yes... it is.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

INTs are closest to the word INTelligent. Coincidence? Yes... it is. The stereotype of INTJ intellect would have derived from the obsessive nature of many INTJs trying to prove they are smarter than everyone else. A type obsessed with intellect and that is why they are associated with it. It does not however mean they have it.
    Well expressed, and insightful.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I agree, and would like to add that a type obsessed with it would more likely than not be trying to improve upon things most of the time, or at least often.
    Not saying one would have to be an INTJ to be intelligent or insightful, though, that'd be stupid.

All MBTI types have assigned roles, sort of. The INTJ one is given.
    We amass and process knowledge. Some are genuinely retarded, though.
    I know quite a few "INTJs" with disorders and others who are just plain rude/unpleasant.
    Some i've seen, on here in particular, fall into the anti-social category.
    I'd say that the chance of failure during construction of an INTJ is high... Well, any NT type, to be honest.

But, in the cases where the INTJ isn't a completely flawed construction, things might work out well and you get an individual who will be a lifelong active learner.
    As for myself, I know I have my flaws. Temper, gluttony, competitiveness...
    But, I am overcoming them and evolving, gradually.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ

I think my big question about this type of argument is why are INTx's always robbed of their "thing" so to speak, their mode of being? Everybody seems to want a piece of the intelligence pie to claim as their own, but they won't give up the piece of pie already on their plate. The idea really isnt farfetched that a preference for a pervasive manner of viewing and understanding the world framed through thought and analysis would lead to ability in those areas. I would hope all types are good at the mode in which the most commonly approach life. But what is farfetched is the idea that someone who had processed most of their life this way would suck at it. There seems to be something in the word intelligence that brings out the worst greed in people. People want to claim it for their own or tarnish it so its not worth as much. How often does the debate turn into how intelligence or intellect is defined and whether or not the tests based off of the definitions are biased towards certain groups? People know intelligence in real life when they encounter it. Just like they know a genuinely kind soul or someone with great humor, but there is a different premium put on the word intelligence that seems to damn any conversation that makes mention of it.

Essentially, no one wants to say that theyre not intelligent. The problem is in the word. People will admit to being poor at relationships, chronically clumsy, easily emotionally distressed, easily distracted, bad at art and even not creativebut no one wants to be called stupid. If there was a way to express the mental processing that NTs do without invoking the connotations that tinge every discussion of it that would be great. But at present there isnt. There is an incompatibility of terminology that may be superficial or it may be pervasive in its reach, but until the language changes the debate and arguments will rage. But for the record, whatever NTs have should not be claimed or found meritless by someone else at a whim. It took a lot of time to develop that (for which many of the experiences were unpleasant). Likewise, the same can be said for the mental processes of the other types and groupings. It is somewhat insulting to say that it's a lie that someone is good at what they've practiced their whole life--it negates what they feel they can offer others.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I've noticed a trend in television sitcoms for "intelligent" characters to be INTJs.
    Notably, Stewy Griffin, Gandalf the Grey, Hannibal Lectar and Severus Snape.

Obviously this a stereotype unfounded in reality, but what is it about INTJs that makes Hollywood writers make them intelligent characters, or alternatively make intelligent characters into INTJs?
    Gandalf always seemed more of an NTP to me, but anyway, you are missing a part of the equation. INTJs are not just portrayed as intelligent, they are portrayed as intelligent villains.

INTJ personality is a perfect villain character for a story line - secretive, calculating, determined, and unaffected by societal morality.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well I think Stewie is an ENTP, but that's beside the point, I guess.
    Stewie started off as an INTJ, but then the show writers started to get lazy so they just turned him into a one joke, flamboyant queer (i.e. more ExxP).
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
    The idea really isnt farfetched that a preference for a pervasive manner of viewing and understanding the world framed through thought and analysis would lead to ability in those areas.
    Preference for X, has no correlation with skill or ability.

But what is farfetched is the idea that someone who had processed most of their life this way would suck at it.
    There's nothing far-fetched about it, whatsoever.
    Just because someone "sings" their whole life, doesn't mean they can sing well at all.
    They could sing so poorly, family members are forced to place their hands over their ears.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

so stillwater gets his feelings hurt if his "pet ability" as an INTJ is used by others? :horor:

I guess I'd better start getting pissed off when other types are good athletes then
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    so stillwater gets his feelings hurt if his "pet ability" as an INTJ is used by others? :horor:
    Still waters don't run deep, they whine.