User Tag List

First 37454647484957 Last

Results 461 to 470 of 793

  1. #461
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    I'm going to ignore the first half of your comment, as it is irrelevant and is perforated with your own personal bias.
    If you say you are going to ignore it, then why are you mentioning it?


    Besides, I'm only using IQ because it is the closest measure we have of intelligence. I have already stated that IQ alone isn't enough to function "intelligently" in the real world, where personality governs the application of that IQ. Since personality and IQ are both necessary, I point out that INTJs are a personality predisposed to both applying their intelligence successfully and having higher intelligence as a result.
    I'm sorry, but anybody who thinks IQs tests "are the closest measure we have of intelligence" is (a) not very bright, (b) very ignorant, or (c) extremely insecure. Pick your option!

    Fact is, you can train yourself to pass IQ tests, and get better results as a consequence. Does that mean your "intelligence" will have increased in the process? Not at all.
    Plus, the purpose of IQ tests is to quickly understand what the test expects of you. It doesn't require accuracy, logic or depth, just the ability to quickly react to stereotyped, repetitive questions you should answer in a minimum amount of time.
    I don't see where the intelligence lies in this act, and where it is "tested".

    Let's say you write a thesis or a book. What will be more useful: to be a jack of all trade, to remain superficial but quick (what the test wants), or rather to design an entirely revolutionary idea, even if it takes you a lot time in the process -the test doesn't measure the true pertinence, the real relevance of the answers-?

    So in the end, IQ tests only measure... our ability to successively pass other IQ tests! But academically or scientifically, the usefulness of its so-called predictions is close to zero.

    ---

    Side note: Have you ever read "The Mismeasure of Man" (Stephen Jay Gould, New York: W.W. Norton & Co, 1981)?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  2. #462
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    ^ My God, you are annoying...

  3. #463
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    I am certain their are a few individuals who are guilty of posting knowingly false i.q. scores but i doubt it is as common as you make it sound.
    It is, it really is.

    And I guess you suspect it too.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  4. #464
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Side note: Have you ever read "The Mismeasure of Man" (Stephen Jay Gould, New York: W.W. Norton & Co, 1981)?
    Yes, I have.

    And I tore it apart in an essay in college.

    And got an A+ despite the fact that the professor was basically attempting to force Gould's thesis on the class.

  5. #465
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    ^ My God, you are annoying...
    I'm not annoying, I'm just plain brilliant.

    As a matter of fact, I do have an extremely high IQ. But can you believe me? I don't believe myself, sometimes... So, who can you trust? Does it really matter, by the way?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  6. #466
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yes, I have.

    And I tore it apart in an essay in college.

    And got an A+ despite the fact that the professor was basically attempting to force Gould's thesis on the class.
    Liar.

    By the way, you're talking to a REAL university professor. As we say in French, don't imagine you can teach an old monkey how to make a funny face =similar to "Don't teach your grandmother how to suck eggs"
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  7. #467
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Liar.

    By the way, you're talking to a REAL university professor.
    Arthur Jensen Replies to Steven Jay Gould

  8. #468
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Liar.

    By the way, you're talking to a REAL university professor.
    Btw, I went to Berkeley, and talked with many of them all the time (probably all more "brilliant" than you).

    Mind queuing me in on why I should give a fuck?

  9. #469
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    i'd like to hear more about INTJs and less about how brilliant blackmail thinks he is.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  10. #470
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    p.s. Feel free to ask R@khesh Bh@nd@ri in the Dep@rtment of Rhetoric at Berkeley whether what I'm saying is true.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Quotes, Songs, Commercials, GIFs
    By Nieland in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 09:21 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
  3. Words of Wisdom, Inspiring Quotes, etc
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Quote on Intution
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO