User Tag List

First 34424344454654 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    This is fully known to me (although I'm not sure if it will be 100 million years from now, or more or less), but I will take what I can get. I would rather my name live on for several centuries than being forgotten a decade after my death.

I focus on marking human history, not geologic or cosmic.
    And in the grand scheme of things, human history is utterly meaningless.

The only meaningful thing we have are the relationships we create among one another. Wouldn't you rather be remembered for the warmth and good-feelings you brought others, rather than yet another sacrifice on the altar of the false god Ego?

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post

The only meaningful thing we have are the relationships we create among one another. Wouldn't you rather be remembered for the warmth and good-feelings you brought others, rather than yet another sacrifice on the altar of the false god Ego?
    This whole thread is Ego vs Altruism... and me, the lonely Id.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Well, if that isn't one huge value judgment, I don't know what is.

Sounds like a rather Fe-ish thing to say.

Not that I don't find relationships important, but who are you to say that they're the "only meaningful thing we have"?

Oh yes, once again, a value judgment. Believing itself to be a truth.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, if that isn't one huge value judgment, I don't know what is.
    Simply stating reality. In one hundred million years, humanity will be extinct and forgotten. Even if we do survive that long, we cannot escape the inevitable heat death of the universe. Such is the way of things. We can keep trying to escape immutable fate, or embrace the life we currently have.

Sounds like a rather Fe-ish thing to say.

Not that I don't find relationships important, but who are you to say that they're the "only meaningful thing we have"?

Oh yes, once again, a value judgment. Believing itself to be a truth.
    I once thought there were other things as equally important. I was wrong on that point. Denying this drained my very soul.

Regardless of the way we connect with others-via Fe bonds of social caring, full of love and obligation or Te bonds grounded in Fi stewardship and integrity, truth and innocence-

Without these, logically our societies would collapse. Without these emotionally, we are vacant and alone.

We are all human. We all are isolated entities walking individual paths. We all differ in how and what we think or feel or what we strive for. But we are all human.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I dont think that intelligence being attached to intjs is a myth at all. What was your motivation for posting this topic?Was it to cut us down to size by attacking the trait we most prize in ourselves?

Statistically in terms of intelligence intjs are a close second behind intps. I personally think its something you have against against intjs, perhaps the only intjs you know are the narcissistic unhealthy types, of course i could be wrong. You may have just come to a bad conclusion.

We all know (hopefully) that any individual of any type can be a genius or an idiot, however their are types that are on average more intelligent than others.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh, i just noticed your signature this is clearly just an attack with little or no basis in facts.

MBTI
    INFJ

I've yet to meet an unintelligent INTJ. I think their love for intellectual consistency is why. they don't usually try to be more then they are that I have seen.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    Oh, i just noticed your signature this is clearly just an attack with little or no basis in facts.
    I think all INTJs are little miscreants who somehow delude themselves into thinking that they are superior to everyone else; thus adopting a laissez faire, DIY mentality toward the world. I hope they all rot for eternity in the cesspool of self-indulgent ignorance. Scum. Damn them all to the far-reaches of the galaxy for not conforming to the superiority of altruism.

Also:

Ayn Rand looks like an emo troglodyte.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I think all INTJs are little miscreants who somehow delude themselves into thinking that they are superior to everyone else; thus adopting a laissez faire, DIY mentality toward the world. I hope they all rot for eternity in the cesspool of self-indulgent ignorance. Scum. Damn them all to the far-reaches of the galaxy for not conforming to the superiority of altruism.

Also:

Ayn Rand looks like an emo troglodyte.
    Are you joking or being serious?
    Ground control to Major Tom