• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah what about the smoking pot while watching reality TV and scratching your ass intellegence. Do they test for that NOOOO! ;)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ I love how the INTJs keep showing up insisting that they're the smartest because xyz study shows that they do the best in [x competition of NT intelligence]...as if that's somehow relevant to the overall picture intelligence in all its different forms.

Sim, while I know your point, I would also be wary of slipping too far into relativism with regards to multiple intelligences.

Yes, there are multiple intelligences.

But there's also a reason why NT intelligence is thought of as the most general form of "intelligence".

I get your point, but don't fall too far down the relativistic hole...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sim, while I know your point, I would also be wary of slipping too far into relativism with regards to multiple intelligences.

Yes, there are multiple intelligences.

But there's also a reason why NT intelligence is thought of as the most general form of "intelligence".

I get your point, but don't fall too far down the relativistic hole...

yes, because NTs with small penii try and prove that they're good at SOMETHING :laugh:

really, other people have lives and don't have to spend time inventing theories as to why they're the best :doh:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
yes, because NTs with small penii try and prove that they're good at SOMETHING :laugh:

really, other people have lives and don't have to spend time inventing theories as to why they're the best :doh:

yes, they're called losers who obviously aren't good at anything.

:jew:

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5

Even NT females?

(this theory would explain why East Asians get better scores at IQ tests in general...) :cheese:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes, they're called losers who obviously aren't good at anything.

:jew:

or overcompensating narcissists if they want a smart label for that! :newwink:

INTJs are the ones who have a weird passion to prove that they're the most intelligent- it must come from SOME deep seated feeling of inadequacy! (and as a poor, humble ESTP, I must assume that it's rooted in a small penis :jesus:)

the rest of us just are disagreeable because it's fun, and we all know that you're theory is full of shit :cheese:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Even NT females?

(this theory would explain why East Asians get better scores at IQ tests in general...) :cheese:

*tries to look wise and serious*

penis envy! :holy:

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Jaguar

INTJs are the ones who have a weird passion to prove that they're the most intelligent- it must come from SOME deep seated feeling of inadequacy! (and as a poor, humble ESTP, I must assume that it's rooted in a small penis

Hahaha. :D

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
So does having a small penis causes NT mind. Or NT mind causes to have a small penis?
Or maybe the two are determined by the same genes? :shock:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
INTJs are the ones who have a weird passion to prove that they're the most intelligent- it must come from SOME deep seated feeling of inadequacy! (and as a poor, humble ESTP, I must assume that it's rooted in a small penis :jesus:)

thank you dr. freud for your simplistic and outdated theories of self.

god, did this really just devolve into arguments about penis size?

:doh:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
The stereotype of INTJ intellect would have derived from the obsessive nature of many INTJs trying to prove they are smarter than everyone else. A type obsessed with intellect and that is why they are associated with it. It does not however mean they have it.

This, to me, is ridiculous. I never really cared about being the smartest. In fact, I expended a lot of effort in school trying NOT to stand out for it. The truth is that we appear intelligent because our society judges intelligence in a way that benefits our natural thought processes. I basically didn't give a shit about anything I learned in school until I went to college where I got a "useless" humanities degree.

I know quite a few "INTJs" with disorders and others who are just plain rude/unpleasant.
Some i've seen, on here in particular, fall into the anti-social category.

This is the trippy part. We're the "successful" ones in society only because society doesn't know how to judge/quantify what's really important....which is many of the traits that we lack without considerable effort.