• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
there's also the studies that say that women and minorities score lower than white men on IQ tests... meaning that the test is racist AND sexist :thelook:

*plans on kicking the test developers in the nuts someday soon*

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
there's also the studies that say that women and minorities score lower than white men on IQ tests... meaning that the test is racist AND sexist :thelook:

Were those studies conducted by white men, were the tests created by white men, were the...I smell a conspiracy theory here:thelook:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it was obviously the Klan :thelook:

probably a Klan of white INTJ males :thelook:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

I've never heard the part about women scoring lower on average...

I've heard about women not being represented as much at the extreme parts of the distribution (high and low), and these findings seem to be completely understandable if you're willing and able to open your mind, be intellectually honest (I can understand how, not being an NT, this might be difficult for you :newwink:), and listen to the explanations as to why.

As for minorities, besides the potential for inherent racial differences in "intelligence", which, if we're going to be intellectually honest, we should keep our minds open to (I'm not saying there are indeed differences, and I have heard of no study that has actually convinced me of the matter, but I am saying it would be just as close-minded and intellectually dishonest to not be open to the possibility that it's true as it would be to simply say something retarded like, "Minorities are dumber than whites", without any credible evidence of it whatsoever), there can be obvious socioeconomic reasons for any currently observed disparities.

{NOTE: Please read, reread, and then reread that sentence again until you truly understand it, before you go about thinking I'm a racist and writing some stupid post attempting to allege that fact. I'm not a racist, never have been, have actually been vehemently anti-racist my entire life, my best friend since I was four is Mexican, my group of friends literally looks like the United Nations, and both my family and I expect me to marry someone who's outside my "race". That enough? (Please refrain from ignorant responses.)}

If white people had been enslaved by another society for 400 years, only to be free (and not even entirely, really) from that slavery for 145 years, and had little-to-no capital to build with at the beginning of that 145 years, I wouldn't expect them to score equally on an intelligence test as the group that enslaved them and ran that society for the previous 555 years...

I mean, I'm white as white can be, but I'm not offended that asians score higher on these tests than any other "race", including whites (quotes used to demonstrate that I personally believe race to largely be a social construct, based on certain phenotypal [and even potentially genotypal] differences amongst humans, which will eventually disappear for the most part [at least in America]).

Are we gunna say it's because asians were the ones making the test, and that the test is thus biased towards asians?

That notion is just retarded...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no... you just have to consider who wrote the test and what inherent biases that would include... we had to do a whole week of studies on IQ test results in one stats class and the problem is the test, not a difference in intelligence, because when other factors were taken into account and other tests were looked at the women and minorities did just as well as the white dudes :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Race doesn't produce bias in the type of questions offered to anywhere near the same extent that cognitive preference does. If Asians were making the test, they wouldn't design it to test how much "Asianness" people have.

The potential problem with the IQ tests is that the NTs who design them tend to already believe that NT intelligence is the intelligence, so the questions are biased toward that style of cognition because they're based on the skills associated with it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ which just goes back to my previous argument that some NTs have their heads up their asses :devil:

I was just stating what was studied there- that was the before and the after

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ which just goes back to my previous argument that some NTs have their heads up their asses :devil:

I was just stating what was studied there- that was the before and the after

Did the white dudes intelligence drop with the new test?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ Race doesn't produce bias in the type of questions offered to anywhere near the same extent that cognitive preference does. If Asians were making the test, they wouldn't design it to test how much "Asianness" people have.

The potential problem with the IQ tests is that the NTs who design them tend to already believe that NT intelligence is the intelligence, so the questions are biased toward that style of cognition because they're based on the skills associated with it.

Sim, you didn't even respond to my previous post on this matter...

Until you do, I'm ignoring and considering irrelevant anything you write about it.

:jew:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did the white dudes intelligence drop with the new test?

not signifigantly, but the ladies and minorities scored higher :)

They also said that there's a signifigant cultural pressure on women and minorities when it comes to tests since they are generally assumed to be dumber than white males, so stress, in part, plays a role in the lower scores :yes:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
no... you just have to consider who wrote the test and what inherent biases that would include... we had to do a whole week of studies on IQ test results in one stats class and the problem is the test, not a difference in intelligence, because when other factors were taken into account and other tests were looked at the women and minorities did just as well as the white dudes :)

No offense, but...

...this one thing that you studied one time in this one class...

well...

... that doesn't really mean jack to me...

:jew:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
read the second fucking explanation then... :rolli:

this is my break from cleaning the yard, what do you expect me to do, dig out my research data? :rolleyes:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

They also said that there's a signifigant cultural pressure on women and minorities when it comes to tests since they are generally assumed to be dumber than white males, so stress, in part, plays a role in the lower scores :yes:

How bout the fact that women do worse on tests when they know that the test will be scored in comparison to the other test-takers.

In competition scenarios, women perform worse on tests than in competition-free scenarios.

The opposite holds for men. Their scores increase when they know it's a competition.

Worked with a graduate student in Economics on the study...

Biological differences causing a difference in scoring under different scenarios... hmmm... how interesting...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

this is my break from cleaning the yard, what do you expect me to do, dig out my research data? :rolleyes:

No, but don't expect me to believe you just because you say it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Im actually such a minority that I am accepted by extremely racist to the point that they might as well be in the klan:doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... you've spent a good portion of the thread being condescending to people who don't think the same way that you do, so how am I supposed to react? :thelook:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Are you all hot and sweaty :workout: :yim_rolling_on_the_ Im bored

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The issue is that, in life, for the benefit of oneself and the general public, problem solving is a major issue.

He, however, is not gunna figure out a logical syllogism, let alone discover the theory of relativity.

These strike me as Te-oriented assumptions that knowledge which accomplishes more tangible, external world goals is inherently superior to knowledge which does not.

By what means can you judge discovering the theory of relativity inherently superior to getting along well with people? Isn't this dependent on your own personal priorities in terms of what's important in life?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you all hot and sweaty :workout: :yim_rolling_on_the_ Im bored

hot and sweaty and stumbled into a cedar tree that poked and scratched me :boohoo:

nature is out to get me today, I swear! :cry: