User Tag List

First 1624252627283676 Last

Results 251 to 260 of 793

  1. #251
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ok, enough about retards, let's talk about absolute truth.

    What is absolute truth and how can it be perceived and differentiated from mere false perception of absolute truth?
    Firstly, you must decide whether or not reality exists outside of your perception, or whether your perception of reality is all that there is. Most reasonable people choose the former.

    Secondly, you need to realize that "absolute truth" itself is relative to its observer, and that it doesn't describe reality (the universe as it is with everything in it) unless you stipulate "absolute truth" to mean reality. However, defining reality and all that is in it will not answer "why?" questions, only "how?" Therefore, defining "absolute truth" is silly and shows the height of philosophical ignorance, especially considering that this is a question philosophers (people far more qualified and intelligent than anybody on this thread) have attempted to answer for millenia.

    Why can we never answer this question? Because it is entirely contingent upon human perception, and any being (save an all knowing God that resides outside of the material universe, who himself is a human construct) humans can possibly conceive. Therefore, philosophy will always be limited due to human perception.

    It disgusts me that you people are actually allowed to discuss Nietzsche or these cliched questions.

    Do you believe that the next Martin Heidegger resides on this forum? I know that he doesn't, as it isn't me, so how could he?
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  2. #252
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    No.

    For many reasons no, but primarily, wouldn't that be a reward?

    /jk

    (I can get all Fi on this, but I'm too tired)
    Not saying there's something wrong with Jews. Just from Hitler's perspective... blah blah. But I guess he would be oblivious to his Jewishness... so. Nevermind.

  3. #253
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Firstly, you must decide whether or not reality exists outside of your perception, or whether your perception of reality is all that there is. Most reasonable people choose the former.

    Secondly, you need to realize that "absolute truth" itself is relative to its observer, and that it doesn't describe reality (the universe as it is with everything in it) unless you stipulate "absolute truth" to mean reality. However, defining reality and all that is in it will not answer "why?" questions, only "how?" Therefore, defining "absolute truth" is silly and shows the height of philosophical ignorance, especially considering that this is a question philosophers (people far more qualified and intelligent than anybody on this thread) have attempted to answer for millenia.

    Why can we never answer this question? Because it is entirely contingent upon human perception, and any being (save an all knowing God that resides outside of the material universe, who himself is a human construct) humans can possibly conceive. Therefore, philosophy will always be limited due to human perception.


    I agree with everything you wrote, here.

    Seriously.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #254
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post


    I agree with everything you wrote, here.

    Seriously.
    +1

    Ok, I'm going to go shleep with the sheeple. G'night everyone.

  5. #255
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Actually, I'm past Heidegger too.

    OK, maybe that's not true...

    You get +1 for that post.

    More like it, and less like your previous ones, and someone other than yourself might actually give a damn about your existence.

  6. #256
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    It disgusts me that you people are actually allowed to discuss Nietzsche or these cliched questions.
    ...you're against the First Amendment right to free speech and you wonder why people think you're a fucking crackpot?


    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Do you believe that the next Martin Heidegger resides on this forum? I know that he doesn't, as it isn't me, so how could he?
    How long is it going to take you to pick up on the fact that everyone here thinks you're a complete idiot and that you're just being toyed with?

    I thought Te preferred accomplishing something with its discussions. I guess Ni+Fi doesn't know much about that, though.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #257
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I just had an in depth conversation around a week ago about Why and How questions regarding physics/the physical universe, and human beings/the human experience.

    We deduced pretty much what you wrote Lex, that's why I am kinda surprised/shocked.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #258
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I just had an in depth conversation around a week ago about Why and How questions regarding physics/the physical universe, and human beings/the human experience.

    We deduced pretty much what you wrote Lex, that's why I am kinda surprised/shocked.
    Isn't that kind of at odds with what you and Z were saying earlier in the thread about discerning perception vs. absolute truth?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #259
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Absolute Truth is the human word/concept of Reality.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  10. #260
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Also, they are not silly questions to ask..

    There's a reason why philosophers have been asking them for centuries.

    The meaning is in the questioning...

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Quotes, Songs, Commercials, GIFs
    By Nieland in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 09:21 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
  3. Words of Wisdom, Inspiring Quotes, etc
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Quote on Intution
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO