• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
how about working on being a good person, good to yourself, and good to others, and by others, I mean those that you care about.

and by being good, i mean finding what you're passionate about, and if what your passionate about is innovative, effecting change one act at a time.

you can't strive to be eminent, you can only strive to become/evolve into that which you're destined to be.

Be you a writer, a bellboy, a teacher, or an accountant.

Hopefully, we all can in some way, be it big or small, help contribute to making human existence, both current and future, a better experience, which of course entails making the world we live in a better place.

:)

Thank you for the platitutde.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Silly non-INTJ! You thought you could give meaningful advice to The Master Type!

P.S.,

5k posts. God, I suck.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Humans don't care for reason, but they'll rejoice for a good miracle.

But you can never distinguish between a miracle and an abomination. The walking of the dead. The monkey's paw.

We all know that names are best remembered for their negative connotations. The implicit meaning of the name lies within the connotation.

If I were you, I wouldn't go raising the dead or razing an army; lest your name be remembered for the stitching of abominations.

Good advice, but ultimately meaningless and trite. Humans remember that which impacts them, be it for the better or for the worse, and no matter how our names ultimately resonate through history, and how severe the risks involved in the process, it is all a small price to pay.

ps- Posting on an obscure personality forum to mark human history is like trying to alter the tides of the ocean by shooting at the moon with a revolver.

I don't understand the purpose of this last sentence. Do you believe that I post here in order to gain prestige? I post here merely for my own amusement.

KDude

Meh. "Want to make a mark on history." If you were ENTJ, I could just simply motivate you by telling you're never gonna amount to shit. :D

Not sure how to proceed with INTJ. Especially one who actually is proud of being a cyber nazi or some shit. You've got a long way to go in making a mark, negative or positive, since you're about as knee deep in impotence as someone can get. And worse, you're proud of it. Even this post probably won't spark a hint of shame in you. If you were a real nazi, that'd be another thing, but you can't even do that right.

G

Ginkgo

Good advice, but ultimately meaningless and trite. Humans remember that which impacts them, be it for the better or for the worse.

Does it matter whether it's better or for worse? Is it a virtue to at least attempt to anticipate the effect of the cause? Or should you simply affect with brash impulsion?

I don't understand the purpose of this last sentence. Do you believe that I post here in order to gain prestige? I post here merely for my own amusement.

I deduced that already. However, my point is that you are relinquishing your time - the time you should value for your own ends - by posting vacuous messages to provoke people. Surely, you are duping yourself; if that is yourself that you claim to be.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Meh. "Want to make a mark on history." If you were ENTJ, I could just simply motivate you by telling you're never gonna amount to shit. :D

Not sure how to proceed with INTJ. Especially one who actually is proud of being a cyber nazi or some shit. You've got a long way to go in making a mark, negative or positive, since you're about as knee deep in impotence as someone can get. And worse, you're proud of it. Even this post probably won't spark a hint of shame in you. If you were a real nazi, that'd be another thing, but you can't even do that right.

Considering that you know nothing about my personal life, I find your assumptions humorous.

Not that I claim any affiliation, but "cyber Nazis" are far more effective at spreading their message to the masses than those who carry out their activities solely in the streets.

The chimp in your avatar befits you.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Does it matter whether it's better or for worse? Is it a virtue to at least attempt to anticipate the effect of the cause? Or should you simply affect with brash impulsion?

You are misconstruing what I've typed.

I deduced that already. However, my point is that you are relinquishing your time - the time you should value for your own ends - by posting vacuous messages to provoke people. Surely, you are duping yourself; if that is yourself that you claim to be.

I don't consider my posts "vacuous." I state my opinion just as you do yours. According to your logic, I shouldn't be spending my time doing anything other than eating, sleeping, and working, nor should you, if you expect anything out of your life. Ridiculous.

All in due time. I have practical needs that I must fulfill at this point in my life, and posting on this forum doesn't hinder me in that regard anymore than reading a book.

G

Ginkgo

You are misconstruing what I've typed.

I don't consider my posts "vacuous." I state my opinion just as you do yours. According to your logic, I shouldn't be spending my time doing anything other than eating, sleeping, and working, as should you, if you expect anything out of your life. Ridiculous.

And I don't consider my posts meaningless. It's all a matter of opinion; and you hold your own is such high esteem that it's nauseating. At least I can sense some element of underlying humility in your post about your social ineptitude.

All in due time. I have practical needs that I must fulfill at this point in my life, and posting on this forum doesn't hinder me in that regard anymore than reading a book.

Do you think you can learn anything here? What are your objectives? Or are these forums just a recreational fun-house for you?

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you think you can learn anything here? What are your objectives? Or are these forums just a recreational fun-house for you?

I find the debate that is constructive good practice and an opportunity to hone my skills in that area.

KDude

Considering that you know nothing about my personal life, I find your assumptions humorous.

Not that I claim any affiliation, but "cyber Nazis" are far more effective at spreading their message to the masses than those who carry out their activities solely in the streets.

The chimp in your avatar befits you.

That's right. It fits me. But it takes a chimp to point out where you're going wrong. Shame on you, I guess.

And I don't need to know a whole lot about your life. I can tell enough that you get way too much satisfaction out of being here, clashing with people on this level. The thing is, that puts you in danger of not doing much else. If you get that much satisfaction here, then you're in danger of never making a mark on history.

Good luck :blush:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
This is fully known to me (although I'm not sure if it will be 100 million years from now, or more or less), but I will take what I can get. I would rather my name live on for several centuries than being forgotten a decade after my death.

I focus on marking human history, not geologic or cosmic.

And in the grand scheme of things, human history is utterly meaningless.

The only meaningful thing we have are the relationships we create among one another. Wouldn't you rather be remembered for the warmth and good-feelings you brought others, rather than yet another sacrifice on the altar of the false god Ego?

KDude

The only meaningful thing we have are the relationships we create among one another. Wouldn't you rather be remembered for the warmth and good-feelings you brought others, rather than yet another sacrifice on the altar of the false god Ego?

This whole thread is Ego vs Altruism... and me, the lonely Id. :nerd:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Well, if that isn't one huge value judgment, I don't know what is.

Sounds like a rather Fe-ish thing to say.

Not that I don't find relationships important, but who are you to say that they're the "only meaningful thing we have"?

Oh yes, once again, a value judgment. Believing itself to be a truth.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Well, if that isn't one huge value judgment, I don't know what is.

Simply stating reality. In one hundred million years, humanity will be extinct and forgotten. Even if we do survive that long, we cannot escape the inevitable heat death of the universe. Such is the way of things. We can keep trying to escape immutable fate, or embrace the life we currently have.

Sounds like a rather Fe-ish thing to say.

Not that I don't find relationships important, but who are you to say that they're the "only meaningful thing we have"?

Oh yes, once again, a value judgment. Believing itself to be a truth.

I once thought there were other things as equally important. I was wrong on that point. Denying this drained my very soul.

sculpting

Regardless of the way we connect with others-via Fe bonds of social caring, full of love and obligation or Te bonds grounded in Fi stewardship and integrity, truth and innocence-

Without these, logically our societies would collapse. Without these emotionally, we are vacant and alone.

We are all human. We all are isolated entities walking individual paths. We all differ in how and what we think or feel or what we strive for. But we are all human.

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I dont think that intelligence being attached to intjs is a myth at all. What was your motivation for posting this topic?Was it to cut us down to size by attacking the trait we most prize in ourselves?

Statistically in terms of intelligence intjs are a close second behind intps. I personally think its something you have against against intjs, perhaps the only intjs you know are the narcissistic unhealthy types, of course i could be wrong. You may have just come to a bad conclusion.

We all know (hopefully) that any individual of any type can be a genius or an idiot, however their are types that are on average more intelligent than others.

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, i just noticed your signature this is clearly just an attack with little or no basis in facts.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've yet to meet an unintelligent INTJ. I think their love for intellectual consistency is why. they don't usually try to be more then they are that I have seen.

G

Ginkgo

Oh, i just noticed your signature this is clearly just an attack with little or no basis in facts.

I think all INTJs are little miscreants who somehow delude themselves into thinking that they are superior to everyone else; thus adopting a laissez faire, DIY mentality toward the world. I hope they all rot for eternity in the cesspool of self-indulgent ignorance. Scum. Damn them all to the far-reaches of the galaxy for not conforming to the superiority of altruism.

Also:

Ayn Rand looks like an emo troglodyte.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think all INTJs are little miscreants who somehow delude themselves into thinking that they are superior to everyone else; thus adopting a laissez faire, DIY mentality toward the world. I hope they all rot for eternity in the cesspool of self-indulgent ignorance. Scum. Damn them all to the far-reaches of the galaxy for not conforming to the superiority of altruism.

Also:

Ayn Rand looks like an emo troglodyte.

Are you joking or being serious?