User Tag List

First 12341252 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Writers of popular movies/TV write their characters to play into the stereotypes that regular people are comfortable with because that sells movie tickets and gets Nielsen ratings. So NTs are smart and pretentious, NFs are emo and needy, SPs are dumb but courageous, and SJs are soulless rule-mongers.

Money makes the world go round, Mr. Tater.
    A different point of view.

The villains are supposed to be villainous aren't they?
    Cold, emotionless, cruel, unlikable, unfriendly and narcissistic pricks.

And who fits the description the best out of all the MBTI types?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Intellegence is often associated with successfulness (J ), introvertedness (I), thinking (T) and in the case of MBTI intuitiveness (N).

INTP would be the other choice, but they are too out of touch with reality and people don't like that.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh dear god, I'm going to agree with Curzon

what type is stereotypically more likely to sit back, hating humanity and weaving an evil web to ruin everyone's existance?

Plus, plenty of unhealthy INTJs and INTJ wannabes tend to claim that they're the smartest, confusing refusing to admit that you're wrong with being right!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I've noticed a trend in television sitcoms for "intelligent" characters to be INTJs.
    Notably, Stewy Griffin, Gandalf the Grey, Hannibal Lectar and Severus Snape.

Obviously this a stereotype unfounded in reality, but what is it about INTJs that makes Hollywood writers make them intelligent characters, or alternatively make intelligent characters into INTJs?
    I've seen an interesting study showing that INTJS are far and away the most highly represented amongst male National Merit Scholars, while ENFPs (interestingly) are the highest represented amongst females.

INTJ males actually managed to have the most winners (on an absolute basis) despite being the least common (or second least common, depending on which study) type.

We really are smarter than all you fools...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

p.s. And Tater, prodding INTJs in this way is not gunna find you that magical INTJ woman of your dreams who will peg you till you can't take it anymore...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

The interesting statistic is not the number but the proportion.

If we go by this page, Meyers-Briggs Statistics
    there's way more female ENFP than any other female type. Proportionately, I'd imagine the female INTJ is quite possibly on top as well. Do you know where I can find this data? All I could find with a bit of googling is that 83% of national merit finalists are N and that there are disproportionately many I's as well.

Also, about the INTJ is smart stereotype, every statistical measure I have seen suggests it is true (35% chance of being in the top 2% of IQ is pretty striking, for example). (Ugh, this post would seem a hell of a lot less self congratulatory back when I self-identified as INTP.)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I've seen an interesting study showing that INTJS are far and away the most highly represented amongst male National Merit Scholars, while ENFPs (interestingly) are the highest represented amongst females.

I was a National Merit Scholar...despite the fact that you INTJs probably think that I'm a dummy or something...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

... how are we defining intelligence again?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ apparently through arbitrary test scores

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Why the long face?

Where's the merit in being intelligent if you are already a member of "the intelligent type"? I'd prefer to be a male ESFP merit scholar than a INTJ merit scholar.