• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ "Intelligent" Myth

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"deceiving us"

Say what?

Nature doesn't give a fuck about human beings.

It just is.

However, human beings, which exist within and as part of nature, and the natural world do such things as engage in acts of deception.

I'm too rusty on my science to really engage in this.

We are nature-products who have the opportunity to see/perceive/manipulate the nature within we're composed of, and encompassed in.

By "deceiving us" I meant simply that our perceptions might be erroneous, not that some moral agent is actively feeding us incorrect ideas.

We derive laws of nature from observation; however, since our observations are always subject to perceptual bias, we cannot have absolute certainty that the inferences we draw from observation represent the truth.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
What human contact on this forum other than posting on this forum, like the forum is intended for, can I receive here?

Well, this is where I met SS, and now we have phenomenal, intimate sex whenever we're together.

That's just one example.

:jew:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been trained well by Ts, but I could get all NF on "The Nature of Things"

recursion

fractals

duality

infinity

cyclical

^ the points without the paragraphs, too tired to expound.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Absolute certainty will NEVER EXIST, hahaha, now that's an absolute truth!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolute certainty will NEVER EXIST, hahaha, now that's an absolute truth!

Agreed! This, and the fact that my consciousness exists, are the only truly absolute truths I will ever be able to discern.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I would even be willing to say that the latter (Wittgenstein) replaced the former (Descartes).

Nietzsche took Descartes' skepticism further; and Wittgenstein expanded on it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok I'm gonna get through some of this philosophical reading in the next few days, and then I'll get back to you in wall post or PM, Z.

Thanks for the recommendations.

For now it's fucking 6:30 AM and I gotta get some rest. Peace out.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Ok I'm gonna get through some of this philosophical reading in the next few days, and then I'll get back to you in wall post or PM, Z.

Thanks for the recommendations.

No problem, dude.

It's one of the reasons I'm here.

(And that's an absolute truth. I think. But can't be certain about... :wink:)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow. This thread just doubled in six hours... :shock: That's insane. Thanks, now I have to read it :doh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A bunch of personal asides and attacks have been removed from this thread. Please refer to the FAQs if you are unsure whether or not we like it when posters address other posters as retards.

Please return to the topic and leave personal commentary out of it. Thankyou.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Hey, I didn't call him a retard.

IIRC, I called his perspective retarded...