First 412131415162464 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm an NF, and IRL people tell me that I'm smart all of the time. In fact, usually the people who tell me I'm not smart are NTs on the Intertubez.

I've also known smart people of all types. Like Sim says, there are different kinds of intelligence, for shizzle.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yeah it does. It's saying that you think your ideas on the subject are more important than even the person whom the question was asked of. That's a little obnoxious, wouldn't you say?
    Well, no. If this were a live conversation between several people I'd see your point--you ask him a question and I cut him off to answer it myself, sure that'd be obnoxious. This, however, is an online situation where numerous people can answer the same question simultaneously without interrupting each other.

Since this is an internet forum, though, and Z isn't even logged in right now, there's no way that my answer in any way prevents him from sharing his thoughts once he logs in again and sees the thread.

Given that we don't have to deal with the "only one person can talk at a time" problem generated by live conversation, no, I don't see how making my own response to your question in any way inhibits Z's ability to respond when he wants to.

By posting your question in a public thread on a public forum where you know numerous people are free to respond to it, you open yourself up to responses from numerous people. If you only wanted Z's answer here, why didn't you PM him your question instead of posting it publicly?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

what qualifies as high IQ here? I tested pretty high a couple of years back and my enfp 14 year old tested at 145 when in second grade. (and a -3SD on attentional capacity I might add. Poor kid is out to lunch)

I'd suggest N of any flavor gives an advantage on IQ tests due to abstract reasoning but I dont think it always gives real life advantages.

Also my ISTP ex scored exceptionally high on IQ tests in high school. His ISTP grandad was a nasa engineer and enfp grandmom a mensa member. who knows.

Sim-

The only NT you have a right to speak for, is yourself.
    When will your NT generalizations end? Knock it off.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, no. If this were a live conversation between several people I'd see your point--you ask him a question and I cut him off to answer it myself, sure that'd be obnoxious. This, however, is an online situation where numerous people can answer the same question simultaneously without interrupting each other.

Since this is an internet forum, though, and Z isn't even logged in right now, there's no way that my answer in any way prevents him from sharing his thoughts once he logs in again and sees the thread.

Given that we don't have to deal with the "only one person can talk at a time" problem generated by live conversation, no, I don't see how making my own response to your question in any way inhibits Z's ability to respond when he wants to.

By posting your question in a public thread on a public forum where you know numerous people are free to respond to it, you open yourself up to responses from numerous people. If you only wanted Z's answer here, why didn't you PM him your question instead of posting it publicly?
    Why not write it down elsewhere, and afford Z the courtesy of replying to his own question first? You might not think it's rude, but I promise you, others do. I find it interesting that you see affording everyone their turn in a conversation something that you have to "deal with" IRL.

Maybe I asked him in the public forum, because I wanted everyone to have the opportunity to read and comment on his response? I didn't understand what he meant, and maybe some other people didn't either. That's why it's called contributing to a thread - trying to improve it by your being there.

The thing is, the thread isn't automatically better just by your being there. You're not that special; no one is. Coming into a thread and making it all about what you want is the height of selfishness and arrogance. I know this, because I've been repeatedly guilty of this since I joined up on this board.

Adults don't just ask questions to get attention, you know. That's what six-year-olds do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Why not write it down elsewhere, and afford Z the courtesy of replying to his own question first? You might not think it's rude, but I promise you, others do. I find it interesting that you see affording everyone their turn in a conversation something that you have to "deal with" IRL.

Maybe I asked him in the public forum, because I wanted everyone to have the opportunity to read and comment on his response? I didn't understand what he meant, and maybe some other people didn't either. That's why it's called contributing to a thread - trying to improve it by your being there.

The thing is, the thread isn't automatically better just by your being there. You're not that special; no one is. Coming into a thread and making it all about what you want is the height of selfishness and arrogance. I know this, because I've been repeatedly guilty of this since I joined up on this board.

Adults don't just ask questions to get attention, you know. That's what six-year-olds do.
    Keep it up, the off topic whining is really convincing.

My response was perfectly on topic--that's why it's in this thread and not another one. It's not "rude" to respond to a publicly posted question in a public thread, and in no way does it prevent Z from also responding when he wants to.

If you don't want to read my posts, you have an ignore button for a reason. If you feel that they're off topic, please feel free to report them to mods. I'm sure that if your concerns have merit, my supposedly inappropriate posts will be moved or deleted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I like SW generalizations. They might totally be off target but there fun to read . Like horoscopes.

Keep up the good fight SW
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ You don't think NTs tend to pride themselves on intellect?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I know I do...what the good it does me.

I was just busting your balls with the horoscope comment. Keep on keeping on.

Cheers

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Your SW Horoscope™ for today says you are likely to be eaten by a grue.