• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP villains?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've not noticed a single (decisive) INTP villain in the plethora of typings I've, granted, primarily skimmed. Usually people argued to be INTP villains (like Voldemort, and, in fact, particularly Voldemort) sort of end up striking me as a better example of an INTJ upon reflection. I understand that full application of whatever evil designs a nefarious INTP may engender is not strictly in keeping with the type, but surely there must be a few here or there?

A few maybes:

I've seen some type Jude Law's character in Road to Perdition, a hitman with a penchant for photography, as INTP. I can't say I have a strong memory of that movie, so deeper analysis sort of eludes me.

Also, I feel like Scarecrow from the Batman comics/series/movies may be an INTP? He seems motivated not by any desire to really change the world nor control anything, he seems more to just want to experiment with and understand fear and the mind. What he'd do with a strong control or fuller knowledge is pretty ambiguous, if he'd do anything at all.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I started watching heroes I was like, omg, Gabriel is an INTP! But then they fucked it up and made him ENTJ or something. :D

Anyway, the typical INTP villain is the villain that doesn't have some ulterior motive of power, other than gaining knowledge and understanding without ethical boundaries. They are the scruffy mad doctor types. I can't think of a really cool example at the moment, most INTP villains are portrayed quite shallow.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Ash from Alien... Great example of an INTP villain in my opinion.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
While thinking on this, I came up with an extremely grisly and grim possible real life example: Dr. Josef Mengele.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I've not noticed a single (decisive) INTP villain in the plethora of typings I've, granted, primarily skimmed. Usually people argued to be INTP villains (like Voldemort, and, in fact, particularly Voldemort) sort of end up striking me as a better example of an INTJ upon reflection. I understand that full application of whatever evil designs a nefarious INTP may engender is not strictly in keeping with the type, but surely there must be a few here or there?

A few maybes:

I've seen some type Jude Law's character in Road to Perdition, a hitman with a penchant for photography, as INTP. I can't say I have a strong memory of that movie, so deeper analysis sort of eludes me.

Also, I feel like Scarecrow from the Batman comics/series/movies may be an INTP? He seems motivated not by any desire to really change the world nor control anything, he seems more to just want to experiment with and understand fear and the mind. What he'd do with a strong control or fuller knowledge is pretty ambiguous, if he'd do anything at all.

What about the bad guy in "Unbreakable". He certainly had the crazy XNTP hair down.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Whats the difference between NTP evil and NTJ evil?

Does NTP villains have more patience and are more spontaneous?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What about the bad guy in "Unbreakable". He certainly had the crazy XNTP hair down.

I was thinking that guy.. "Mr Glass".. was an INTJ.. but INTP will work too

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
While not technically a villain (so much as a tragic protagonist verging on sociopathic villainy), Victor Frankenstein seems to fit. He's clearly an INTP, living a purely theoretical world without care for practical application.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
While not technically a villain (so much as a tragic protagonist verging on sociopathic villainy), Victor Frankenstein seems to fit. He's clearly an INTP, living a purely theoretical world without care for practical application.

I would agree Victor Frankenstein is an INTP.

Also from the Star Wars Universe KotOR's Darth Reven.

Also the true individual behind the Roger 'Verbal' Kint /Kaiser Söze masks

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTP villains are tough, usually because effects on the material world are typically secondary to their actual goal. Their mode of operation is typically far more behind the scenes, rather than overt.

I'd also like to add, a lack of INTP architects are probably why the bad guys never win :cheese:

lastrailway

I've recently answered a similar thread in INTPc, where I said that I think that a villain that seems to use too much Ti is more likely to be ISTP than INTP in my opinion. ISTPs can be more focused (which is a must for a villain) than INTPs. Additionally, I doubt an INTP would care to be villain for the sake of it, maybe circumstances would lead them to be that way at some points, but it would not be a constant thing. Many are not much adventurous, either, which is also a necessary characteristic for a villain - or so I believe.

R

Riva

I've recently answered a similar thread in INTPc, where I said that I think that a villain that seems to use too much Ti is more likely to be ISTP than INTP in my opinion. ISTPs can be more focused (which is a must for a villain) than INTPs. Additionally, I doubt an INTP would care to be villain for the sake of it, maybe circumstances would lead them to be that way at some points, but it would not be a constant thing. Many are not much adventurous, either, which is also a necessary characteristic for a villain - or so I believe.

Good point.
I must add ISTPs have the advantage of Se. Could use it to sway opinions of others, blend in and push people around them. And yes, ISTPs are more focused.

But then again INTPs have Ne. If they learn to use it the way ENTPs do they could implement well timed unpredicted schemes. Ne does provide ideas.

So ISTP vs INTP-

ISTP - focused, determined, social (only when THEY want to be), pushy troubleshooters.
INTP - Ideas, scheming

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think of a "mad version" of einstein(if he was an INTP), think of nuclear weapons. I'd say very destructive crazy Fe.

R

Riva

^ I must point out that it was some other scientists who actually brought the theory in to life.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ I must point out that it was some other scientists who actually brought the theory in to life.

yes...but I'd say if crazy directive Fe was involved enough. things would "move".

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. (although I guess he was more of an anti-hero than a villain)

Normon Bates from Psycho.

The Shark from JAWS.

Madoff from Real Life. (he might be an INTJ, but he's not really "by the books" like most INTJs. Does his own thing.)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
And, INTPs are far more likely to be completely amoral rather than needlessly ruthless.

Amorality and apathy aren't as effective in spurring one to action as hatred and desire to dominate.