User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP villains?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default INTP villains?

I've not noticed a single (decisive) INTP villain in the plethora of typings I've, granted, primarily skimmed. Usually people argued to be INTP villains (like Voldemort, and, in fact, particularly Voldemort) sort of end up striking me as a better example of an INTJ upon reflection. I understand that full application of whatever evil designs a nefarious INTP may engender is not strictly in keeping with the type, but surely there must be a few here or there?

A few maybes:

I've seen some type Jude Law's character in Road to Perdition, a hitman with a penchant for photography, as INTP. I can't say I have a strong memory of that movie, so deeper analysis sort of eludes me.

Also, I feel like Scarecrow from the Batman comics/series/movies may be an INTP? He seems motivated not by any desire to really change the world nor control anything, he seems more to just want to experiment with and understand fear and the mind. What he'd do with a strong control or fuller knowledge is pretty ambiguous, if he'd do anything at all.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

When I started watching heroes I was like, omg, Gabriel is an INTP! But then they fucked it up and made him ENTJ or something.

Anyway, the typical INTP villain is the villain that doesn't have some ulterior motive of power, other than gaining knowledge and understanding without ethical boundaries. They are the scruffy mad doctor types. I can't think of a really cool example at the moment, most INTP villains are portrayed quite shallow.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Ash from Alien... Great example of an INTP villain in my opinion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

While thinking on this, I came up with an extremely grisly and grim possible real life example: Dr. Josef Mengele.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I've not noticed a single (decisive) INTP villain in the plethora of typings I've, granted, primarily skimmed. Usually people argued to be INTP villains (like Voldemort, and, in fact, particularly Voldemort) sort of end up striking me as a better example of an INTJ upon reflection. I understand that full application of whatever evil designs a nefarious INTP may engender is not strictly in keeping with the type, but surely there must be a few here or there?

A few maybes:

I've seen some type Jude Law's character in Road to Perdition, a hitman with a penchant for photography, as INTP. I can't say I have a strong memory of that movie, so deeper analysis sort of eludes me.

Also, I feel like Scarecrow from the Batman comics/series/movies may be an INTP? He seems motivated not by any desire to really change the world nor control anything, he seems more to just want to experiment with and understand fear and the mind. What he'd do with a strong control or fuller knowledge is pretty ambiguous, if he'd do anything at all.
    What about the bad guy in "Unbreakable". He certainly had the crazy XNTP hair down.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Whats the difference between NTP evil and NTJ evil?

Does NTP villains have more patience and are more spontaneous?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    What about the bad guy in "Unbreakable". He certainly had the crazy XNTP hair down.
    I was thinking that guy.. "Mr Glass".. was an INTJ.. but INTP will work too

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

While not technically a villain (so much as a tragic protagonist verging on sociopathic villainy), Victor Frankenstein seems to fit. He's clearly an INTP, living a purely theoretical world without care for practical application.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    While not technically a villain (so much as a tragic protagonist verging on sociopathic villainy), Victor Frankenstein seems to fit. He's clearly an INTP, living a purely theoretical world without care for practical application.
    I would agree Victor Frankenstein is an INTP.

Also from the Star Wars Universe KotOR's Darth Reven.

Also the true individual behind the Roger 'Verbal' Kint /Kaiser Sze masks
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

INTP villains are tough, usually because effects on the material world are typically secondary to their actual goal. Their mode of operation is typically far more behind the scenes, rather than overt.

I'd also like to add, a lack of INTP architects are probably why the bad guys never win