User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: INTP villains?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think GlaDOS is awesome, but mostly untypable. If anything she is a judger, not a perceiver. She is all about tests tests tests and even more tests! Wheatly from Portal 2 is a perceiver though, but ENTP I think. .
    True, but isn't the discovery process, and not the implementation process, the traditional domain of the INTP? She doesn't have plans outside of gathering data and information on her technologies. And the villain deadset on testing their theories or gather information, but without any clear plans or intentions to actually use or implement those ideas to gain power or something, isn't that the classic definition of an INTP bad guy? I mean, GLaDOS is still basically a mad scientist type. She's just also a machine.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    True, but isn't the discovery process, and not the implementation process, the traditional domain of the INTP? She doesn't have plans outside of gathering data and information on her technologies. And the villain deadset on testing their theories or gather information, but without any clear plans or intentions to actually use or implement those ideas to gain power or something, isn't that the classic definition of an INTP bad guy? I mean, GLaDOS is still basically a mad scientist type. She's just also a machine.
    GLaDOS is ISFJ. She isn't learning anything and she has only a vague idea what science actually is. She's terrified of change and constantly tries to guilt Chell.

I'm not even angry.
    I'm being so sincere right now.
    Even though you broke my heart.
    And killed me.
    And tore me to pieces.
    And threw every piece into a fire.
    As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Offog View Post
    GLaDOS is ISFJ. She isn't learning anything and she has only a vague idea what science actually is. She's terrified of change and constantly tries to guilt Chell.

I'm not even angry.
    And killed me.
    And tore me to pieces.
    Because she's a manipulative narcissist. Wheatley is a character closer to ISFJ, but extraverted, I'd say ESFJ or ENFP (6w7?) for him and while I initially thought INTJ for GLaDOS, INTP could also be an alternative. 5w6, definetely.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Because she's a manipulative narcissist. Wheatley is a character closer to ISFJ, but extraverted, I'd say ESFJ or ENFP (6w7?) for him and while I initially thought INTJ for GLaDOS, INTP could also be an alternative. 5w6, definetely.
    I thought Wheatlies 'reconstructioned tests' scream ENTP. You know the part in the game where the walls and everything just get chrushed together into different kinds of tests? And his humor is also so ENTP-like.

As for GlaDOS, she really just doesn't have a typable congative function process imo, she truely is robot like in her perceptions. I don't think you can stamp any type on her and be done with it. I'd go with BINARY. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I thought Wheatlies 'reconstructioned tests' scream ENTP. You know the part in the game where the walls and everything just get chrushed together into different kinds of tests? And his humor is also so ENTP-like.

As for GlaDOS, she really just doesn't have a typable congative function process imo, she truely is robot like in her perceptions. I don't think you can stamp any type on her and be done with it. I'd go with BINARY. :P
    But he wasn't really a designer, he just used what GLaDOS already had created. I could possibly see ENTP, just that he seemed so compliant with too much Fe. Also I thought his programmed inability to come up with good plans could be an inferior thinking-function or something. Tries to use it but fails horribly.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    But he wasn't really a designer, he just used what GLaDOS already had created. I could possibly see ENTP, just that he seemed so compliant with too much Fe. Also I thought his programmed inability to come up with good plans could be an inferior thinking-function or something. Tries to use it but fails horribly.
    Good point there. I'd probably go for ENFP then.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Offog View Post

I'm not even angry.
    And killed me.
    And tore me to pieces.
    Well, I feel the song half counts, and even then most of the song is about how she puts personal feelings behind pursuing scientific goals, etc.

I have only played a little Portal 2, so I can't say much for Wheatley. Steve Merchant (Wheatley's voice actor) is pretty xNTP, though, based on the Karl Pilkington/Ricky Gervais Podcasts.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Well, I feel the song half counts, and even then most of the song is about how she puts personal feelings behind pursuing scientific goals, etc.
    She doesn't have any scientific goals and the song is ALL about her personal feelings. Science, to her, is a sort of busywork, where you design tests, run tests, and carefully write down the results of the tests. And when you've done that, you've done some science! You will never hear an INTP speak of science as if it were housework.

She is a guardian of tradition -- an SJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Five

• Professor Sivana of DC Comics, enemy of Captain Marvel

• Tov Kronsteen, From Russia With Love, a Russian grandmaster of chess who doubled as the head of planning for the Soviet assassination bureau, SMERSH.

• Piter DeVries, the twisted mentat who served Baron Vladamir Harkonnen in Dune.

• Doctor Neutron, the chess-playing physicist, evil mastermind of the graphic novel Meltdown, Havok and Wolverine.

• Dr. Christian Szell, the Nazi dentist in Marathon Man.

• Nagilum, the multidimensional alien experimenter in TNG episode "Where Silence Has Lease."

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, I might not know everything, but I do know one thing; Vader is definitely INFx.