User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Curb Your Enthusisam

I'm a big fan of Larry David's work. I myself am having difficulties figuring out my type, and Larry David's character in Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the few fictional personas I can really relate to. Maybe everyone can, maybe not.

I'm pretty sure he's an INTP or an ISTP.

I - Akward in social situations, but he isn't shy and isn't afraid to say what he wants. This could be both.

N - Also a bit ambiguous. Could be either.

T - Probably a T, since he always attempts to correct other people's behavior and debates using logical reasoning. This may also be F at work, analyzing people's motivations etc.

P - Definately a P, this one is without doubt. He constantly asks Cheryl to remember things for him, never really plans, etc.

Functions:

Ti is easily his most used function. This either means ISTP or INTP.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I always see him typed as either INTP or INFJ.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I just can't accept INFJ, because the whole show is based on his absence of any trace of Fe.

He's focused on systems, explaining principles, and identifying things he disagrees with. I'll say INTP.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I just can't accept INFJ, because the whole show is based on his absence of any trace of Fe.

He's focused on systems, explaining principles, and identifying things he disagrees with. I'll say INTP.
    Most of those systems and principles have to do with social interaction and standards of behavior. INTPs tend to be completely unaware, rather than crusade against them. An INFJ with strong Ti is most likely to be that neurotic and conflicted.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Most of those systems and principles have to do with social interaction and standards of behavior. INTPs tend to be completely unaware, rather than crusade against them. An INFJ with strong Ti is most likely to be that neurotic and conflicted.
    Yeah they do, but it's about him being at odds with social interaction and standards of behavior. I figure a reluctant INTP thrust into a environment like that would find themselves turning their system and principle focus on that. I was openly cynical about social standards back in high school when I was pretty socially active for an INTP.

As an INFJ, Fe is still auxiliary. And Ti seems stronger than tert or aux I think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I can't watch that show. He really irritates me in the way that Woody Allen does. I think he's too neurotic to be INTP.
    Maybe he's playing a NF's idea of an INTP. Or vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I always considered his character un-typeable. Nothing really seems to fit.

An INTP would wise up or withdraw sooner or laterhe keeps going back for more with the same intensity.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I can't watch that show. He really irritates me in the way that Woody Allen does. I think he's too neurotic to be INTP.
    Maybe he's playing a NF's idea of an INTP. Or vice versa.
    Woody Allen annoys me too, but I don't see Larry David as being as frustratingly neurotic as him. Just more of a dick.

Do you like any sitcoms?

Did you at least like Seinfeld?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Seinfield was bloody genius.

I know it's the same writer. I find the self-consciousness annoying. Perhaps I should persevere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Seinfield was bloody genius.

I know it's the same writer. I find the self-consciousness annoying. Perhaps I should persevere.
    Hits too close to home?

At least give the last season a chance, the show has gotten progressively better. The early seasons I didn't think were that great, a little slow, and not enough enthusiasm.