User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hits too close to home?

At least give the last season a chance, the show has gotten progressively better. The early seasons I didn't think were that great, a little slow, and not enough enthusiasm.
    Dunno. I like Gervais and I'm a big fan of Armando Iannucchi.
    We have perfected raw self-consciousness. You guys always look like you're just faking it. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I love this guy. He's a such an asinine prick with people because he's so clueless. It's great. In his fictional character, I mean.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    I always considered his character un-typeable. Nothing really seems to fit.

An INTP would wise up or withdraw sooner or later�he keeps going back for more with the same intensity.
    If he was typed as anything, it'd be an INFJ. He's a distorted one. Mostly because Larry David as a person is an INFJ, and the show is basically how he'd be if he was bolder, badder, and spoke up more. Often INFJ feel like this guy does, especially when they studied heavy Ti things throughout their life (philosophy) like this guy did, but restrain from doing anything because their Fe says otherwise.

Larry David's Fe is shut down for this role....of a stronger self.

Overall, though, I'd have to say this is the best show on TV in the last 10 years.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NGggshaTwE&feature=related"]Larry David[/youtube]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hits too close to home?

At least give the last season a chance, the show has gotten progressively better. The early seasons I didn't think were that great, a little slow, and not enough enthusiasm.
    Oh yeah. I watched a couple episodes, just for you, aj.

Couldn't finish them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INtP

If I had to guess, I'd say that his character on the show is "insecure INTP who tries *way* too hard". I admit that I finally gave up on this show. I was watching the DVD's, and got into season 4 or 5 and gave up. It had its moments, but both Larry and Cheryl's characters drove me nuts, and I absolutely hated how it tended to devolve into several people shouting over each other at least once or twice an episode (it's like I as a viewer was expected to find this funny... and didn't). Loved Seinfeld, but this went a bit too far for me to find it enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTp

I've thought about this a bit (and argued with some of my friends who watch the show). It seems to me like Larry is an ENTP.

E: The guy certainly has trouble pleasing people, but I wouldn't call him a misanthrope. He doesn't dislike people, but he does dislike social rituals he finds pointless or silly. My main arguments for E are 1) He doesn't spend that much time alone in the show and doesn't seem to need to recharge by doing so and 2) His observational humor (which he often uses in inappropriate circumstances) seems firmly rooted in Ne. He seems practically unable to dial down the Extraverted Intuition.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrWiWrhID4o&feature=related"][/YOUTUBE]

N: In short, he seems to use large amounts of Ne and I've pegged him (as many others have) as an NT, which is supported by his relative disregard for and ineptitude with social cues and convention.

T: If he's an NT, he's got to be T, but he comes across as T because of his run-ins with people due to his callous or ignorant behavior. Also, when he does get neurotic and self-critical, it seems to stem from Ti.

P: Larry does not make plans well and many of his problems arise from improvising tasks others ask of him or changing his mind when someone (usually Jeff) convinces him that something is okay when it isn't. When he is decisive and adamant about something, it seems more likely a result of some violated NT-principle than any inherent J-ness.

Anyway, that's my view on Larry David (who by the way, has stated that the character in the show is just an exaggeration of his real life self).

What do you guys think about the other characters on the show?
    I (89%) N (88%) T (88%) P (56%)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Te > Si = Se > Fi > Fe

Enneagram: 5

MBTI
    abcd

Agree with FlamingMask

Larry in CYE is an ENTP.

MBTI
    ISTP

he's an xNTP
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    If he was typed as anything, it'd be an INFJ. He's a distorted one. Mostly because Larry David as a person is an INFJ, and the show is basically how he'd be if he was bolder, badder, and spoke up more. Often INFJ feel like this guy does, especially when they studied heavy Ti things throughout their life (philosophy) like this guy did, but restrain from doing anything because their Fe says otherwise.

Larry David's Fe is shut down for this role....of a stronger self.

Overall, though, I'd have to say this is the best show on TV in the last 10 years.

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NGggshaTwE&feature=related"]Larry David[/youtube]
    What the fuck was I talking about. He is an ENTx
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

And what about the other cast members?
    Oh, its
    You