User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Ellen DeGeneres

  1. #11
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Just the way she thought she should be above the rules that she (or her partner, I guess) agreed to when she adopted the dog. And when she didn't get her way she used the show to turn the public against the rescue organization.
    Yeah I can see that. Only I've been guilty of the same thing only no one cared. One of the cats we adopted from a rescue agency we had to find another home for. I think technically they maybe wanted it back? I don't know for sure, but we have moved hundreds of miles away and this kitty was really hard to place because she liked to pee on folks. I found a kind lady who didn't care. Anyway, I can't say anything since I did it too.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  2. #12
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Yeah I can see that. Only I've been guilty of the same thing only no one cared. One of the cats we adopted from a rescue agency we had to find another home for. I think technically they maybe wanted it back? I don't know for sure, but we have moved hundreds of miles away and this kitty was really hard to place because she liked to pee on folks. I found a kind lady who didn't care. Anyway, I can't say anything since I did it too.
    I read that the rescue agency just wanted Ellen's hairdresser to fill out an application and go through the adoption process like any other family, but they refused to because it should have been good enough that Ellen said it was okay. My opinion isn't because she re-placed the dog, but her behavior after the agency found out she had done it.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  3. #13
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I read that the rescue agency just wanted Ellen's hairdresser to fill out an application and go through the adoption process like any other family, but they refused to because it should have been good enough that Ellen said it was okay. My opinion isn't because she re-placed the dog, but her behavior after the agency found out she had done it.
    Ah, I get it. That is kinda turdy.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    I disagree- I don't think Ellen was a tool at all. According to Ellen, she didn't have to go through the 'home study' or formal application process herself to get the dog in the first place, but then the agency made a big deal about the 'rules' after she broke down on TV.

    I read one of her books (is there more than 1?) a few years ago, and she struck me as an S-type. But hey, I'm brand new to this.

  5. #15
    Mamma said knock you out Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    It's hard to say we know the whole story. I saw her when she was crying her eyes out on TV, and I can't imagine that the only thing it would take to solve the situation was the signing of a couple papers. If that's all it took, she and the family she gave the dog to would have just signed the papers. The end. I think there may have been something more to it than that, unless they're all just a bunch of big babies. I'd like to think a lesbian who has probably gone through hell to become a well-known comedian is not just a big baby. It takes balls to be openly gay in this society, and more balls to be a comedian.

    I agree she probably shouldn't have brought the wrath of the public down on the animal shelter, but maybe she was PMSing and really emotional that day, haha.

    I've always kind of liked Ellen myself. I mean, come on. She's a lesbian, for one. Like I said, it takes courage to be open about that. She's probably one of the very first popular female comedians. So no matter what else I find out about her, I will always respect her for that.

    As for her being INFP... I don't think many INFPs could run their own talk show, even if everything was planned and written for them. I don't think INFPs are expressive enough to entertain on the level a talk show host would be expected to entertain, even if they really pushed themselves. I'm an INFP and I've never even cried in front of anyone other than my mom, so I can't even imagine doing it on national TV. She's much more likely to be an ENFP than an INFP.

    She's probably an ExFx. Very possibly an ESFP, if her love for animals so is great. My mom's an ESFP and has always owned upwards of twenty dogs! I know! It's pretty nuts. I can see her crying on national TV about something like this. Definitely.

  6. #16
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    it was the brat they kept showing who made such a huge deal about it as if she was entitled that got on my nerves. she had the dog, what, days? if that's the worst that ever happens to you, you're in fantastic shape.

    but, she didn't cry when it showed HER on camera. she sat there, looking pissed and like her next move would be to hold her breath if she didn't get her way, saying, "i want my dog back!" which made me want to slap the shit out of ellen for reinforcing that bratty 'entitlement' mindset.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  7. #17
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    it was the brat they kept showing who made such a huge deal about it as if she was entitled that got on my nerves. she had the dog, what, days? if that's the worst that ever happens to you, you're in fantastic shape. but, she didn't cry when it showed HER on camera. she sat there, looking pissed and like her next move would be to hold her breath if she didn't get her way, saying, "i want my dog back!" which made me want to slap the shit out of ellen for reinforcing that bratty 'entitlement' mindset.
    Hear, hear.

    If the dog were going back to be put to sleep or live in a cage, I'd probably feel differently, but IIRC he went immediately to another home. Beyond all this, though, I'm unimpressed with how Ellen used her celebrity to basically destroy that woman's business. (Although her good standing has been reinstated since she offered reasonable explanations for all of Ellen's accusations- the bad press probably isn't doing her any favors.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  8. #18
    Mamma said knock you out Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    she had the dog, what, days? if that's the worst that ever happens to you, you're in fantastic shape.
    LOL, true.

    Beyond all this, though, I'm unimpressed with how Ellen used her celebrity to basically destroy that woman's business
    This is what I first thought too. I also thought that if she had a beef with them, she should take it up with them personally, not plead her teary case on TV. Besides all that, if the dog still wasn't given back, how hard and painful would it be to find another dog?

  9. #19
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Hear, hear.

    If the dog were going back to be put to sleep or live in a cage, I'd probably feel differently, but IIRC he went immediately to another home. Beyond all this, though, I'm unimpressed with how Ellen used her celebrity to basically destroy that woman's business. (Although her good standing has been reinstated since she offered reasonable explanations for all of Ellen's accusations- the bad press probably isn't doing her any favors.)
    *nods*

    it's bothersome that ellen chose to attempt to "make the girl's problem go away" (and judging by the way the girl acted, this has been going on for quite a while), instead of encouraging her to see the big picture. the one where the girl isn't the center of the world, bad things happen, grownups make mistakes, and the main thing is that the dog (who if you really love him so much, that should be your main focus) is with a loving family, even if it's not yours.

    i see trouble down the line for that girl if ellen's first reaction continues to be to just make problems 'disappear' instead of teaching the child that sad/bad things do happen and how to deal with them when they do.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Very possibly an ESFP,
    YES - I agree! She's very 'here and now' and super-observant of her environment among other things.

Similar Threads

  1. Ellen Pompeo
    By Rebe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO