User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are we over-assigning N to people here?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 73.53%
  • No

18 26.47%
First 31112131415 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Maybe MBTI statistics under-assign N to the general population.
    Agree with this

Just gonna put this out there: It'd probably be more useful to devise a system in which the dichotomy splits hover around 50/50. Rearrange some definitions, ask different questions.. whatever needs to happen.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Jung's theory of bipolarity was tested years ago by June Singer and Mary Loomis. Jung's bipolarity claim, didn't hold up. It failed.
    99.9% of those in this forum either don't know it's true, or choose to ignore it.
    Or don't understand what the fuck it means. I looked it up. They criticised Jung or MBTI? Or Jung is criticised by extrapolation when they discovered that non-forced choice testing frequently generates type results different to those from MBTI? Google wouldn't tell me.

Bipolarity is in effect the claim that from the dominant function on "down" through the function order, the functions are as in opposition as they can be, right? That is, where a function in order is perceiving (judging) and introverted (extroverted), then the next function down the order will be judging (perceiving) and extroverted (introverted). (Or bipolarity is just the claim that there are cognitive dichotomies? Same-difference, since such dichotomies lead to that kind of personality structure, right?)

And Singer and Loomis discovered that people get different type results if they check their type via questions that don't force a dichotomy choice? Which proves the dichotomies aren't dichotomous?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Google wouldn't tell me.
    Then do your research better.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^You're not very pedagogic are you Jaguar?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I think people are over-assigning N to themselves based on flawed testing mechanisms.

The most common is ISJs thinking they're INJ.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    ^^^You're not very pedagogic are you Jaguar?
    When it comes to certain people, I have little patience.
    Kalach has an annoying history of flipping out should anyone-or anything- upset his little function applecart.

Frankly, I don't know how he calls himself INTJ.
    He's desperate to keep things the same.
    If anyone dares question conventional thinking, he shits his pants.

MBTI
    INTJ

Then do your research better.
    So, their result is that uninspiring, huh?

Dude, "conventional"? Please.

Are you aware of anyone hereabouts offering anything more than conventional nay-saying to Jungian typology?

EDIT: no, seriously, I'm still boggling at this use of "conventional". Jag, Jung is conventional thinking? You have a remarkably high estimation of the people hereabouts if you're saying that for them, Jung is conventional.

(Hmm.... I'm showing too much contempt for the local populace, perhaps... Rest assured, people of Earth, I haven't properly grasped Jungian typology yet either (either?)... but I will one day, and you should probably try to keep up too (too?). Or I shall shit my pants.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Kalach has an annoying history of flipping out should anyone-or anything- upset his little function applecart.

OK.

To be fair though I sympathized with him, because I was also quite interested to read about the study you mentioned, but could only find abstracts of articles you then have to pay for,a nd which in themselves don't explain much. So while I was interested by your post I had no way of finding out more. I very much doubt my local library has anything on it either.

so if you're in a pedagogic mood sometime let me know and I'll read any good link or explanation you post.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

what you say you do and what you do are two different things. in this situation, you are being questioned and providing nothing but an unearned dismissive attitude. if kalach is anything like me, he just gets frustrated that you display little ability to understand or think critically, while making claims that only get in the way of people who are trying to understand the system.

the whole "conventional" vs "unconventional" thing you are trying to pull is REALLY amateurish. is the beebe model conventional? lenore thomson? keirsey? an attempt at an original reading of jung? myers briggs? are you angry at myers for developing a test and winning popularity by creating a methodology for testing? does that invalidate the function model that underlies their system?

maybe demonstrate that you can ask an intelligent question, that shows you actually have a nuanced understanding of the system, and people who aren't just looking for blatant republican fear-mongering and conspiracy skepticism will respond to you.

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    you display little ability to understand or think critically
    I've always thought that of you.