User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Justin Broadrick

I've listened to his music for a couple years now after discovering Jesu, but I find his other projects good too. I don't expect anyone to really know who he is since he's not really known (besides for Godflesh). If you can bear through some of the video, I'd appreciate some second opinions. I think he's INFP, and I'm not just saying that because I'm also INFP, but he really mirrors myself in a lot of ways, at least in the ways he goes about describing his relationship with his niche.

JESU INTERVIEW | dontwatchthat.tv

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

He's one of my favorites and I agree that a good fit for him would be INFP.

Its really hard to tell though. There are a handful of interviews of him and he comes across as an extrovert for some reason.

He's also a huge stoner.

Its hard for me to tell how much his musical output is influenced by personality as opposed to environmental factors (like growing up in a place like Birmingham).

Before I got into Jesu I thought he was some kind of unhealthy stoned ISTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    He's one of my favorites and I agree that a good fit for him would be INFP.

Its really hard to tell though. There are a handful of interviews of him and he comes across as an extrovert for some reason.

He's also a huge stoner.

Its hard for me to tell how much his musical output is influenced by personality as opposed to environmental factors (like growing up in a place like Birmingham).

Before I got into Jesu I thought he was some kind of unhealthy stoned ISTP.
    I think I can give a pretty good reason about his seemingly extroverted state in interviews. He's pretty passionate about music, he said he will probably never stop making music. He comes across as excited in interviews because it's about his passion. He's got a lot to say about because he's so interested in it.

My case for his introversion is his dislike for playing live. He even said touring mentally drains him, and he'd rather "lock up in a studio and never come out".

As for environmental factors, Godflesh came out of Birmingham, Jesu came out of rural Whales. There's a connection.

Godflesh (pre-Jesu Broadrick) may not sound very INFP at a glance but when you take it apart the music resembles a bitter, nihilistic Fi reaction. Certainly the focus is on feeling. The lyrics are concentrated and allegorical, often revolving around duality. This seems pretty N, although in determining a musician's type that isn't accurate enough alone since many people write music in that way to express things differently. Broadrick described Godflesh as a "defense mechanism" and "constantly banging [his] head against a wall".

He is at least IFP though, I'm sure of it.