• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTP?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
A quote from “The Scientist” this month in an article about personality diffs in fish:

“But having a personality is actually a stupid thing to do. Consider a species of spider in which particularly aggressive females have a leg up in fighting off predators and competing for food. That aggression, though, spills into another context-those females may not be able to hold back from cannibalizing a potential mate cutting off their chance to reproduce. This is clearly not optimal behavior.”

This is why T women are the best in bed.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
never-instead I resort to overtly blunt, rude offensive comments to be funny-Te locker room style humor.

I like ENTP sarcasm though, but often I cant "get" the jokes you guys are telling each other via the one liners here. I fail Fe!

ah, then ENFP. not that that's a bad thing.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here are some questions to help you sort it out:

1. Do you judge how good a party was by how many people had good conversation with you and/or laughed at your jokes?

2. When you study on a topic, are you more interested in the cool ways you can apply your new knowledge rather than the knowledge itself?

3. Do you tinker with things just to do it?

4. Do you love deadlines primarily for the whooshing sound they make as they fly by?

5. Do you regard such inessential tasks as cleaning, laundry, and tidying up as bothersome distractions from the really important things, such as teaching yourself how to program in Python, or play WoW?

6. Is interruption of your moments of concentration the best way to irritate you?

7. For you, is knowing that you can perform a task nearly as satisfying as actually doing it?

If you score more than four Yesses on this quiz, odds are good you're an ENTP.

-da mouse, writing quizzes about himself

I get a 6/7...does that mean I'm ENTP? :D :doh:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Like I said, odds are good. I'd say either you're an ENTP, or you happen to share a lot of my personal quirks.

If I were you, I'd be happier to be an ENTP. :hi:

great questions on how to know if you're oberon or not.

for the record, i'm not.

O

Oberon

That's a good thing, di.

If you were actually me, I'd never leave the house. :D

Qre:us

Happy Puppy, I don't see a lot of Ti usage from you. E.g., the first thing I noticed about this thread is that it's not in the sub-sub forum of this sub-forum, i.e., "What's my Type?"....Ti is very nit-picky with shit and its precise categorization. I don't see much of that from you.

I think that you can employ Fe (and I've seen some instances of it), but that does not necessarily negate ENFP. As I do see an excellent grasp of Fi understanding (which, most ENTPs on this board seem to lack, myself included). I have also seen you use Fi (personally), while posts on these boards of yours seem mostly, NeTe.

I dunno, it seems as if you're really hung up on functions to ascribe a type, then, the dominant and auxillary should be used to make the case....after that, in practice, it seems individuals get hazy about following the archetypical function order of their type.

For example, I'm Ne/Ti, but, my tertiary is not Fe. It's Ni. Then, Te. I dunno how that makes sense, but, yeah...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno, it seems as if you're really hung up on functions to ascribe a type, then, the dominant and auxillary should be used to make the case....after that, in practice, it seems individuals get hazy about following the archetypical function order of their type.

For example, I'm Ne/Ti, but, my tertiary is not Fe. It's Ni. Then, Te. I dunno how that makes sense, but, yeah...

Well function strengths and usage are two different things. My strengths are Fi>Se=Ni>Ti>Ne=Fe>Si>Te, but the usage would always be Fi as dominant, Se as auxillary, Ni as tertiary, and Te as inferior. That's how a type is defined, how these four functions manifest themselves.

Another thing to keep in mind is function combinations looking like anoter function. Like Ti + Fe looking like Fi, Fe + Ti looking like Te etc. See this thread- http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ity-matrices/28486-function-combinations.html

So your Ni could be third strongest, but wouldn't be used as a tertiary, if that makes sense. :)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just wanted to clarify as an INTJ keep telling me I am an ENTP.

yap, yap.

I'm still getting to know you (and everyone else around here, for that matter), but I don't think you're ENTP so much as a currently stressed-out ENFP. You definitely seem to have a strong grasp of Te/Fi principles, and while your posts and expression might have that Ne-style randomness, what you write is always clear to me. You don't appear to have that INTP-on-crack vibe that ENTPs have.

I'd be quite surprised if you'd mistyped yourself.

As a non-Fi user I can't fathom how the hell it operates, it's a strange and mysterious thang, you get it so I say you got it.

Also, stop listening to the INTJs, they do nothing but stir up trouble!

Heck, Trinity, here, has on occasion been known to doubt that I'm really an INTJ, because I don't stir up enough trouble.

Windigo

Well function strengths and usage are two different things. My strengths are Fi>Se=Ni>Ti>Ne=Fe>Si>Te, but the usage would always be Fi as dominant, Se as auxillary, Ni as tertiary, and Te as inferior. That's how a type is defined, how these four functions manifest themselves.

Another thing to keep in mind is function combinations looking like anoter function. Like Ti + Fe looking like Fi, Fe + Ti looking like Te etc. See this thread- http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ity-matrices/28486-function-combinations.html

So your Ni could be third strongest, but wouldn't be used as a tertiary, if that makes sense. :)

So much to learn . . . so little time. Where can I get more information on this?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here are some questions to help you sort it out:

1. Do you judge how good a party was by how many people had good conversation with you and/or laughed at your jokes?

2. When you study on a topic, are you more interested in the cool ways you can apply your new knowledge rather than the knowledge itself?

3. Do you tinker with things just to do it?

4. Do you love deadlines primarily for the whooshing sound they make as they fly by?

5. Do you regard such inessential tasks as cleaning, laundry, and tidying up as bothersome distractions from the really important things, such as teaching yourself how to program in Python, or play WoW?

6. Is interruption of your moments of concentration the best way to irritate you?

7. For you, is knowing that you can perform a task nearly as satisfying as actually doing it?

If you score more than four Yesses on this quiz, odds are good you're an ENTP.

-da mouse, writing quizzes about himself

I get a 6/7...does that mean I'm ENTP? :D :doh:

I got 6/7 too. I think it means we're mice.

I'm 6/7, too (no to #4).

I'll just have to reclassify myself as ENTP. Or a mouse.

*scurries off to look for some cheese*

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I answered no to #1. I find a party is good when it goes totally off the intended course. Conversation moves onto topics which would offend most PC people, silliness takes over. I like anarchy, the unexpected, and good stories for later.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm still getting to know you (and everyone else around here, for that matter), but I don't think you're ENTP so much as a currently stressed-out ENFP. You definitely seem to have a strong grasp of Te/Fi principles, and while your posts and expression might have that Ne-style randomness, what you write is always clear to me. You don't appear to have that INTP-on-crack vibe that ENTPs have.

Heck, Trinity, here, has on occasion been known to doubt that I'm really an INTJ, because I don't stir up enough trouble.

I am laughing so hard I can barely type. Does the crack aspect of an ENTP get on your nerves? Good to know as my bosses bosses boss is INTJ and I should only mirror an INTJ (I am learning).

So, with respect to my beloved ENFP (Happy Puppy and the fact that together we complete so many due to Ne to Ne Dimensional Conversions as in the 14th Membrane we are all 10^-23 M away from each other), I can deffinately vouch that she is an ENFP. When I try to Ti her, we end up in a cat fight in the mud pit at work with the engineers placing bets and egging it on for entertainment. Who wouldn't LUV two strong women battling?
And I sampled her tears and they have all of the chemical markings of an ENFP in Fi pain, and none of the SA (smart-ass) chemicals of an ENTP faking the feeling of an Fi connection. :nerd:

So, here's to Crack and Ne!!! Long live the INTJ, luv the deep pool of thought, although I have no idea how in the world that is my shadow...

Ahhhh, that would be because I am staring at the sun. A little blind right now.

B

brainheart

So... ENTP=INTP on crack... ENFP=INFP on...?

Marshmallow peeps?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am laughing so hard I can barely type. Does the crack aspect of an ENTP get on your nerves? Good to know as my bosses bosses boss is INTJ and I should only mirror an INTJ (I am learning).
Actually, real-life ENTPs are quite likable. Online ENTPs are hit-or-miss. Basically, just skip past the "fight over ideas for fun" game, and just stick with exchanging interesting ideas with an INTJ (show off your cool ideas), and you'll be fine. Oh, and do not lightly accuse an INTJ of being dishonest w/r to ideas, especially during a serious debate: we are (usually) not intentionally dishonest, so accusations such as that tell us that you're not "being serious" and not worth listening to. Accusing an INTJ of dishonesty is effectively the "nuclear option." If we are being dishonest, you have a very serious problem, far beyond the question of who "wins" the argument.

Check out Richard Feynman's style of presentation in the Messenger Lectures series in Project Tuva.. He is often typed as ENTP due to his antics depicted in several autobiographical books about his life. However, his presentations in these lectures are clear, concise, to the point, very proficiently using Te. There's even a section where he explains Babylonian vs Greek approaches to mathematics, where - in MBTI terms - Babylonian is very Te, with no formal rules, while Greek is very Ti, starting from first principles and axioms. He clearly conveys exactly how physicists think about physics. If he can communicate complicated ideas this clearly, there's no reason any ENTP can't do the same. (Or he's a seriously mistyped INTJ!)

So, here's to Crack and Ne!!! Long live the INTJ, luv the deep pool of thought, although I have no idea how in the world that is my shadow...

"Deep pool of thought"
"Deep thought"

42!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, real-life ENTPs are quite likable. Online ENTPs are hit-or-miss. Basically, just skip past the "fight over ideas for fun" game, and just stick with exchanging interesting ideas with an INTJ (show off your cool ideas), and you'll be fine. Oh, and do not lightly accuse an INTJ of being dishonest w/r to ideas, especially during a serious debate: we are (usually) not intentionally dishonest, so accusations such as that tell us that you're not "being serious" and not worth listening to. Accusing an INTJ of dishonesty is effectively the "nuclear option." If we are being dishonest, you have a very serious problem, far beyond the question of who "wins" the argument.

Check out Richard Feynman's style of presentation in the Messenger Lectures series in Project Tuva.. He is often typed as ENTP due to his antics depicted in several autobiographical books about his life. However, his presentations in these lectures are clear, concise, to the point, very proficiently using Te. There's even a section where he explains Babylonian vs Greek approaches to mathematics, where - in MBTI terms - Babylonian is very Te, with no formal rules, while Greek is very Ti, starting from first principles and axioms. He clearly conveys exactly how physicists think about physics. If he can communicate complicated ideas this clearly, there's no reason any ENTP can't do the same. (Or he's a seriously mistyped INTJ!)

"Deep pool of thought"
"Deep thought"

42!

two thumbs up, waaaay up.