• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTP?

sculpting

Just wanted to clarify as an INTJ keep telling me I am an ENTP.

yap, yap.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd be quite surprised if you'd mistyped yourself.

As a non-Fi user I can't fathom how the hell it operates, it's a strange and mysterious thang, you get it so I say you got it.

Also, stop listening to the INTJs, they do nothing but stir up trouble!

O

Oberon

Just wanted to clarify as an INTJ keep telling me I am an ENTP.

yap, yap.

Here are some questions to help you sort it out:

1. Do you judge how good a party was by how many people had good conversation with you and/or laughed at your jokes?

2. When you study on a topic, are you more interested in the cool ways you can apply your new knowledge rather than the knowledge itself?

3. Do you tinker with things just to do it?

4. Do you love deadlines primarily for the whooshing sound they make as they fly by?

5. Do you regard such inessential tasks as cleaning, laundry, and tidying up as bothersome distractions from the really important things, such as teaching yourself how to program in Python, or play WoW?

6. Is interruption of your moments of concentration the best way to irritate you?

7. For you, is knowing that you can perform a task nearly as satisfying as actually doing it?

If you score more than four Yesses on this quiz, odds are good you're an ENTP.

-da mouse, writing quizzes about himself

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's a compliment of course! :D

What is more important to you: the truth of a new idea or the beauty?

Today, I've listened to an introduction to Buddhism. Loved the thing until the speaker said that "there is no difference between soul and matter" AND "the soul takes on new bodies in successive incarnations"... Doesn't fit.

Do you have to think about reasons before you realize you're feeling something? :doh:

Eg. Why can't I concentrate on writing? About what am I thinking? Oh, husband has to take the plane about now. I should be worried about him. Yes, that's it! I'm worried!

sculpting

It's a compliment of course! :D

What is more important to you: the truth of a new idea or the beauty?

Today, I've listened to an introduction to Buddhism. Loved the thing until the speaker said that "there is no difference between soul and matter" AND "the soul takes on new bodies in successive incarnations"... Doesn't fit.

Do you have to think about reasons before you realize you're feeling something? :doh:

Eg. Why can't I concentrate on writing? About what am I thinking? Oh, husband has to take the plane about now. I should be worried about him. Yes, that's it! I'm worried!

Hmm-the beauty is the truth of the idea. So I dig to find the truth then admire it's beauty for being what it is. I fall in love with protein crystal structures and abstract math equations. Bra-ket notation makes me feel. :doh:

But no wrt to emotion- I recognize the emotion, sometimes very strongly, then distance to rationally analyze the emotion, to then plan a response to the emotion. (BTW that is an awesome description of how ENTPs sense emo)

(And I was complimented as I much love the ENTP mind, while I do love my ENFP soul. But I also love to think, so being compared to the clever wit of an ENTP? Nothing could be more complimentary.)

sculpting

Here are some questions to help you sort it out:

1. Do you judge how good a party was by how many people had good conversation with you and/or laughed at your jokes?

I dont like parties. I get lost on the beauty of music so I do love to dance.

2. When you study on a topic, are you more interested in the cool ways you can apply your new knowledge rather than the knowledge itself?

mostly the knowledge-but then how can I apply it to help/improve people

3. Do you tinker with things just to do it?

No. I hate fixing things. My home repair efforts are things of extreme horror. I cant fix anything. But I do tinker with people.

4. Do you love deadlines primarily for the whooshing sound they make as they fly by?

Gotta love Ne doms...

5. Do you regard such inessential tasks as cleaning, laundry, and tidying up as bothersome distractions from the really important things, such as teaching yourself how to program in Python, or play WoW?

Perhaps you mean developing Jungian models I can use to modify how to enhance secondary school education or organizational communication? Then yes.

6. Is interruption of your moments of concentration the best way to irritate you?

No-but I see this in ENTPs. Assuming this is a good NeTi groove-Applying ENXP symmetry:

I'd assume most ENFPs would *withdraw* if when feeling deeply in an NeFi moment they were interrupted via logic intrusion? (withdraw rather than irritation) Ummm, interesting thought that one.

7. For you, is knowing that you can perform a task nearly as satisfying as actually doing it?

Nope. My entp friend always does stuff-out in the real world interacting with it. But this "list of task competencies" sounds familiar wrt her mindset. I am content to gather info and play in my mind. Perhaps to develop Fi I need to go out and develop a catalog of Fi experiences.

If you score more than four Yesses on this quiz, odds are good you're an ENTP.

-da mouse, writing quizzes about himself

thank you little mouse!!

O

Oberon

Puppy, I know next to nothing about MBTI, but based on your responses I'd say you're correctly typed as an ENFP.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm betting on ENFP too :) (and that's a compliment, too). Here's another one... the Rainbow Test.

"Now that I know how the rainbow is made, it has lost some of its beauty for me."

True or false?

sculpting

I'm betting on ENFP too :) (and that's a compliment, too). Here's another one... the Rainbow Test.

"Now that I know how the rainbow is made, it has lost some of its beauty for me."

True or false?

False-Understanding the theory of total internal reflection generated rainbows made me actually like rainbows. I try and understand the angle of the sun to the raindrops to see if I can identify which raindrops are giving rise to to the rainbows.

To understand that a double rainbow is light that has been totally reflected twice-but thus reversed in orientation due to, er, um, angles and stuff. wow, that is so beautiful. To understand how the raindrop serves as a diffraction grating to split the wavelengths into the colors-well that is a thing of absolute beauty and amazes me.

I yearn for the underlying principles.

sculpting

you know I miss Blue Monday somedays....Alas my INTP girl crush love. I wish I could find her and then I'd Huuuuuuug her and kiss her and cuddle up with her and be BFFs forever. Alas.....

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
okay, puppy, i've been trying to think of a couple 'glaring' differences between the two that may make it easier for you than open-ended questions.

how sarcastic are you? do you use sarcasm often or not?

sculpting

never-instead I resort to overtly blunt, rude offensive comments to be funny-Te locker room style humor.

I like ENTP sarcasm though, but often I cant "get" the jokes you guys are telling each other via the one liners here. I fail Fe!

O

Oberon

You were this helpful in my thread too!

Morgan more or less proceeds on the basis of the assumption that Morgan is right. If you think she's wrong, well... you're wrong.

That's really all we need to know, right, Morgan? ;)

sculpting

A quote from “The Scientist” this month in an article about personality diffs in fish:

“But having a personality is actually a stupid thing to do. Consider a species of spider in which particularly aggressive females have a leg up in fighting off predators and competing for food. That aggression, though, spills into another context-those females may not be able to hold back from cannibalizing a potential mate cutting off their chance to reproduce. This is clearly not optimal behavior.”