User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I an ENTP?

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    A quote from The Scientist this month in an article about personality diffs in fish:

But having a personality is actually a stupid thing to do. Consider a species of spider in which particularly aggressive females have a leg up in fighting off predators and competing for food. That aggression, though, spills into another context-those females may not be able to hold back from cannibalizing a potential mate cutting off their chance to reproduce. This is clearly not optimal behavior.
    This is why T women are the best in bed.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    never-instead I resort to overtly blunt, rude offensive comments to be funny-Te locker room style humor.

I like ENTP sarcasm though, but often I cant "get" the jokes you guys are telling each other via the one liners here. I fail Fe!
    ah, then ENFP. not that that's a bad thing.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This is why T women are the best in bed.
    I would have to agree that we do like to take charge.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Here are some questions to help you sort it out:

1. Do you judge how good a party was by how many people had good conversation with you and/or laughed at your jokes?

2. When you study on a topic, are you more interested in the cool ways you can apply your new knowledge rather than the knowledge itself?

3. Do you tinker with things just to do it?

4. Do you love deadlines primarily for the whooshing sound they make as they fly by?

5. Do you regard such inessential tasks as cleaning, laundry, and tidying up as bothersome distractions from the really important things, such as teaching yourself how to program in Python, or play WoW?

6. Is interruption of your moments of concentration the best way to irritate you?

7. For you, is knowing that you can perform a task nearly as satisfying as actually doing it?

If you score more than four Yesses on this quiz, odds are good you're an ENTP.

-da mouse, writing quizzes about himself
    I get a 6/7...does that mean I'm ENTP?

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I get a 6/7...does that mean I'm ENTP?
    Like I said, odds are good. I'd say either you're an ENTP, or you happen to share a lot of my personal quirks.

If I were you, I'd be happier to be an ENTP.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Like I said, odds are good. I'd say either you're an ENTP, or you happen to share a lot of my personal quirks.

If I were you, I'd be happier to be an ENTP.
    great questions on how to know if you're oberon or not.

for the record, i'm not.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Oberon

That's a good thing, di.

If you were actually me, I'd never leave the house.

Happy Puppy, I don't see a lot of Ti usage from you. E.g., the first thing I noticed about this thread is that it's not in the sub-sub forum of this sub-forum, i.e., "What's my Type?"....Ti is very nit-picky with shit and its precise categorization. I don't see much of that from you.

I think that you can employ Fe (and I've seen some instances of it), but that does not necessarily negate ENFP. As I do see an excellent grasp of Fi understanding (which, most ENTPs on this board seem to lack, myself included). I have also seen you use Fi (personally), while posts on these boards of yours seem mostly, NeTe.

I dunno, it seems as if you're really hung up on functions to ascribe a type, then, the dominant and auxillary should be used to make the case....after that, in practice, it seems individuals get hazy about following the archetypical function order of their type.

For example, I'm Ne/Ti, but, my tertiary is not Fe. It's Ni. Then, Te. I dunno how that makes sense, but, yeah...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I dunno, it seems as if you're really hung up on functions to ascribe a type, then, the dominant and auxillary should be used to make the case....after that, in practice, it seems individuals get hazy about following the archetypical function order of their type.

For example, I'm Ne/Ti, but, my tertiary is not Fe. It's Ni. Then, Te. I dunno how that makes sense, but, yeah...
    Well function strengths and usage are two different things. My strengths are Fi>Se=Ni>Ti>Ne=Fe>Si>Te, but the usage would always be Fi as dominant, Se as auxillary, Ni as tertiary, and Te as inferior. That's how a type is defined, how these four functions manifest themselves.

Another thing to keep in mind is function combinations looking like anoter function. Like Ti + Fe looking like Fi, Fe + Ti looking like Te etc. See this thread- http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...binations.html

So your Ni could be third strongest, but wouldn't be used as a tertiary, if that makes sense.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

A Benign Tumor Array PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

No.
    I'm too lazy to explain my logic.
    Happy Puppy...the name itself...ENFP.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris