• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor - Heroes vs. Villains

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey everyone!

So I thought I would attempt to combine my two favorite things: Survivor and MBTI!

Any other survivor fans still out there? If so, lets share our typings of the cast and try to narrow down everyone's type this season! It should be easier since everyone has already been on at least one season already. I'll give mine once I give it some more well-studied thought. :)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hey I have your avatar on my desk, as a little framed pic - funny; and true too.

Yes I admit to being a Survivor fan! I shall keep eyes on this thread for everyone's thoughts.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Amanda - ISFJ
Candice - ExFJ
Cirie - ESFJ
Coach - ENFJ
Colby - ENTP

Courtney - INXP
Danielle - IxxJ
James - ISTP
Jerri - ExTJ
JT - ESxP

Parvati - ExFP
Randy - INTJ
Rob - ESTP
Rupert - ESFJ
Russell - ESTP

Sandra - ISTP
Stephenie - ESTJ
Sugar - ENFP
Tom - ISxJ Edit: ENTJ is the best choice
Tyson - INTJ/ISTP

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a Survivor fan, but this game intrigues me. How does it work?

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, I'll just give my initial thoughts:

Villains:
Coach - ENFJ
Courtney - ?
Danielle - Ixxx
Jerri - ExTJ
Parvati - ExxP
Randy - IxTJ
Rob - ESTP
Russell - ENTJ
Sandra - ESTx
Tyson - ISTP

Heroes:
Amanda - ISFJ
Candice - Exxx
Cirie - ISFJ
Colby - ?
James - ISTJ
JT - xSTP
Rupert - ENFJ
Stephenie - ?
Sugar - ENFP
Tom - ISxJ

A lot of x's in there to sort through though, lol.

Aleksei: In Survivor, there are initially 2 teams which must "survive" on an island. There are challenges, team vs. team, for team rewards and also for team immunity. If your team loses an immunity challenge, then you must go to "tribal council" where everyone individually secretly votes to kick off one member. The team member with the most votes goes home immediately. Eventually, when the number of players decrease, the teams merge and there is only one team. At this point, challenges are for individual immunity instead of team immunity, and if you are voted off you must join the "jury" whose members get to watch tribal council each week and then vote for the winner of the million dollars at the end. After 39 days, there will be only 2 (or 3, depending) people left, and the jury members each vote for the winner out of the remaining players.

The most interesting part is the strategizing and alliance forming that goes on when a tribal council is nearing, and when players find hidden immunity idols which can be played in order to save themselves at tribal council. The game always has a tendency to take many interesting twists and turns, which is what I love about it!

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not a Survivor fan, but this game intrigues me. How does it work?

Aleksei: In Survivor, there are initially 2 teams which must "survive" on an island. There are challenges, team vs. team, for team rewards and also for team immunity. If your team loses an immunity challenge, then you must go to "tribal council" where everyone individually secretly votes to kick off one member. The team member with the most votes goes home immediately. Eventually, when the number of players decrease, the teams merge and there is only one team. At this point, challenges are for individual immunity instead of team immunity, and if you are voted off you must join the "jury" whose members get to watch tribal council each week and then vote for the winner of the million dollars at the end. After 39 days, there will be only 2 (or 3, depending) people left, and the jury members each vote for the winner out of the remaining players.

The most interesting part is the strategizing and alliance forming that goes on when a tribal council is nearing, and when players find hidden immunity idols which can be played in order to save themselves at tribal council. The game always has a tendency to take many interesting twists and turns, which is what I love about it!
I love survivor! A lot of people go on about crappy reality shows (myself included) but I think what's great about Survivor is its complex social strategy and interaction. What makes it fascinating to me isn't the format (as most haters think) its the people involved and the people change every time, making each season completely different. The format simply enables and encourages tense situations which bring out interesting personalities.

This season hasn't started here yet so my assessment will have to wait :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Night's list is pretty close to my own

Amanda - ISFJ
Candice - ESTJ
Cirie - ESFJ
Coach - ENFJ
Colby - ISTP

Courtney - INFP
Danielle - ?
James - ISTP
Jerri - ?
JT - ESFP

Parvati - ESFP
Randy - IxTJ
Rob - ESTP
Rupert - ENFP
Russell - ESTP

Sandra - ISTP
Stephenie - ESTJ
Sugar - ENFP
Tom - ENTJ
Tyson - ENTP

theplacesyoullgo

Typing the ones I'm more sure about:

Boston Rob: ESTP
Cirie: ESFJ
Tom: ENTJ
Stephenie: ESTJ

Coach and Russell are difficult to type because it's hard to determine if/when they're mainly just playing a character. For instance, Coach seems very stereotypically ENFJ to me, but he's too out there to really type via TV.

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok scratch that. After tonight's episode, Jerri is definitely a Feeler! All that talk about her being hurt by people her whole life and holding in sadness, etc...

theplacesyoullgo

Bumping this... any new guesses?

I'm going with Courtney as a not-too-introverted INTJ.

Parvati (so vile...) seems ESFP.

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Slightly revised, including those who are left (or in Ponderosa):

Villains:
Coach - INFJ (Now I think he may be introverted... remember his claim to fame? The over 6,000 mile kayak trip he took was SOLO... could an extrovert even accomplish such a feat?)
Courtney - xxTJ (Her personal claim to fame on her bio is punctuality!)
Danielle - ?
Jerri - ExFJ
Parvati - ESxP
Russell - ENTJ
Sandra - ESTx (Website says she has an associate's degree in business administration... likely an ST.)

Heroes:
Amanda - ISFJ
Candice - ExFJ (Website says she was the former Executive Director of Students for Students International.)
Colby - ?
JT - xSTP
Rupert - ENFJ (He started his own charity!)

F

figsfiggyfigs

OMG!!
I'm so happy I found this thread.

I effin LOVE survivour! I would kick such huge ass over there.

I love russell!! mwahahah!

I also loved rob though.

and TOM poor tom!! i loved him!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yes, I've made two threads pretty much dedicated to Russel, for each season. I will admit, he might be my first, and only, man crush of sorts. I cant help but look in admiration at his force of will.

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ he is one determined little dwarf isn't he!!! I would've totally been in an alliance with him. or a force to wrecken' with against him!!! :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
moved from A&E

theplacesyoullgo

Slightly revised, including those who are left (or in Ponderosa):

Villains:
Coach - INFJ (Now I think he may be introverted... remember his claim to fame? The over 6,000 mile kayak trip he took was SOLO... could an extrovert even accomplish such a feat?)

I love Coach and think he's hot for some crazy reason (yeah, I know), but really, who knows if that kayak trip was even true! I'm still going with ENFJ for him... isn't he like the definition of Fe?

After seeing Courtney in the Ponderosa clips, I think I was completely wrong about her being I. Not sure on her type though.

Sandra seems ESTP.