LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by McEnroe View Post
    ESTP
    Aw, what do YOU know?

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    ESFJ.
    Uh, definitely not.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I can see that too. I have a terrifying temper/competitive streak. Anger's the only emotion I don't keep locked in!
    Exactly, I'm the same way. Ridiculously super competitive and reflexes like a cat. Man, when I get that pissed, the obscenities fly and I am prone to smashing shit. But I would never lose my shit in front of an audience and TV cameras - this is why I guessed INTx.

I always got such a kick out of him...

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Uh, definitely not.
    Then perhaps EsFP? i'm not so sure his anger at refs calls on his play was influenced by a feeling of unfairness related to the rules of the game. I would say he felt upset at these stupid calls on his play because he thought they were directed more at his style. And even i find a stupid call that borderlines envy or some freak need to keep control over a persons character by an anal ref to be quite unfair in a way. Since when was the subcatagory 'ref and player personality conflict' added to the tennis rule book?

Sorry bout the last sentence or two. It's just that sometimes i feel that the refs are being overbearing to my personality by overruling my objection to other posts when in reality the refs know alot more about typology than i do.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    He's an introvert first off. You can see that in interviews, commentary, etc. He's a Thinker as well. His frustration at line calls leads me to think he might be J, but that's still up in the air.

As of now, I'd probably say IxTJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    He was a personal hero of mine growing up and I always thought of him as an I. I caould see INTx, definitely...
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I can see that too. I have a terrifying temper/competitive streak. Anger's the only emotion I don't keep locked in!
    ESFJ. Dude's definately an F-ster.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Exactly, I'm the same way. Ridiculously super competitive and reflexes like a cat. Man, when I get that pissed, the obscenities fly and I am prone to smashing shit. But I would never lose my shit in front of an audience and TV cameras - this is why I guessed INTx.

I always got such a kick out of him...
    Then perhaps EsFP? i'm not so sure his anger at refs calls on his play was influenced by a feeling of unfairness related to the rules of the game. I would say he felt upset at these stupid calls on his play because he thought they were directed more at his style. And even i find a stupid call that borderlines envy or some freak need to keep control over a persons character by an anal ref to be quite unfair in a way. Since when was the subcatagory 'ref and player personality conflict' added to the tennis rule book?

Sorry bout the last sentence or two. It's just that sometimes i feel that the refs are being overbearing to my personality by overruling my objection to other posts when in reality the refs know alot more about typology than i do.
    YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by McEnroe View Post
    YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS
    Haha, well played.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm edging towards ISTP. I'm most sure of the T and P.

Basically he's the most arrogant, self-serving prick the game has ever seen. Those characteristics transcend type.

I will say this though, to his credit: he's the only person in the game to have ever played consistently BETTER after one such outburst, using the anger as fuel rather than just hot air -- so it's easy to see the payoff for this behaviour.

Conversely it's a pleasure to listen to him analyze how a match unfolds in the commentary booth, the way a TJ most likely wouldn't. It's also fun to hear him trade logical points with Mary Carillo (ENTJ?) about the inception of "shot spot" line-calling technology and how she thinks it SHOULD be used: uniformly, and without the player being penalized for guessing wrong. (I'm with her on this one, by the way.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by edward the confessor View Post
    I'm edging towards ISTP. I'm most sure of the T and P.

Basically he's the most arrogant, self-serving prick the game has ever seen. Those characteristics transcend type.

I will say this though, to his credit: he's the only person in the game to have ever played consistently BETTER after one such outburst, using the anger as fuel rather than just hot air -- so it's easy to see the payoff for this behaviour.

Conversely it's a pleasure to listen to him analyze how a match unfolds in the commentary booth, the way a TJ most likely wouldn't. It's also fun to hear him trade logical points with Mary Carillo (ENTJ?) about the inception of "shot spot" line-calling technology and how she thinks it SHOULD be used: uniformly, and without the player being penalized for guessing wrong. (I'm with her on this one, by the way.)
    You're right, except for I. ESTP, I say again.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    John McEnroe the mouthy tennis player
    YouTube - John McEnroe throwing a tantrum at age 48

I'm thinking ENTP?

Or maybe ISTP?
    ESTP.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well my first instinct was ESTP. Then I rewatched some interviews and some of his outbursts. Most ESTPs don't get that aggressive. They are loud, yeah but that aggressive intensity ist most common in the T-Doms (INTP being an exception). Most people that I know that can relate to my anger are EXTJs and ISTPs. And he really doesn't seem to be an extrovert. Shouting and throwing stuff doesn't make you an extrovert.

everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less
    New global trade era - Peartree-Ls.com
    We're your reliable partner - Pinkrupeeonline.com
    Choose well, trade well - Poolekleeneze.com