• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hogwarts Houses...

alisonmuses

MBTI Type
INTJ
i'm an INTJ and definitely am slytherin. but, ravenclaw would be the only other option i'd even consider.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I would most likely be Slytherin, due to my relatively healthy sense of self, a bit of arrogance, and willingness to push boundaries at others' expense in order to increase my knowledge/power/what have you.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think personality and houses have much to do with each other.
I always thought the houses were more based on strengths and personality traits.
Be careful to not confuse the two.
SF's can be intelligent obviously, for instance..

desiree

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5&2
Regarding Slytherin:

Have to agree with Uberfurher on this one. Slytherin is the house of intuition, which is probably why the house is populated largely by outcasts. The house of Slytherin itself is outcast--not because its has a larger population of people who end up being evil, just because it contains people who are vastly misunderstood: Oberon already mentioned mentioned Snape, who capitalizes on the perception that he is evil in order to accomplish great good. Draco Malfoy emerges from his coming-of-age story not entirely damaged and ends up redeeming himself. Tom Riddle comes from a background very similar to Harry, with little context for understanding why he is different, and his ongoing inability to connect with himself transforms him into an inhuman un-wizard who feeds on the fear and anger of people who are also misunderstood (like Lucius).

I'm not sufficiently fluent in Meyers-Briggs to type people, so it remains a literary analysis. :(

R

Riva

Salazar Slytherin is definitely an INTJ who is the founder of the house slytherine. and he pretty obviously lived an INTJ life. - rich, AMBITIOUS, smart, loner, intuitive, powerful, secretive(chamber of secrets lol). and i am pretty sure he wanted and based his house as a mirror reflect of his life. he wanted his students to be just like him (INTJish).

but it didn't-

the house and his descendants didn't live upto his standards except for a few. such as Voldemort, Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Barty Crouch, Jr(not sure what his house his). if you read the book and i am pretty sure most of you have you will see that only a few Slytherins were mirror images of Salazar Slytherine.

the rest of them such as Igor Karkaroff, , Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle (and their fathers) etc etc were just stupid bullies (which is definitely not an INTJ trait). they were just proud of being pure bloods and put this macho, high class facade to hide themselves from the rest so that they would not be exposed to be just common wizards just like the muggle borns.

they hated the muggle-borns and considered to be inferior. but they new deep inside that at Hogwarts they were only as smart as the muggle-borns. they were nothing better than the rest.

therefor i must say that the slytherine house was based on INTJ principles (mainly ambition)

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Werent the people from Hufflepuff the ones that are drunk all day long ? I really like Hufflepuff :D

R

Riva

Werent the people from Hufflepuff the ones that are drunk all day long ? I really like Hufflepuff :D

in that case even i am a hufflepuff. oh no, i am too smart to be hufflepuff. back to ravenclaw.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Salazar Slytherin is definitely an INTJ who is the founder of the house slytherine. and he pretty obviously lived an INTJ life. - rich, AMBITIOUS, smart, loner, intuitive, powerful, secretive(chamber of secrets lol). and i am pretty sure he wanted and based his house as a mirror reflect of his life. he wanted his students to be just like him (INTJish).

therefor i must say that the slytherine house was based on INTJ principles (mainly ambition)

but most of the members and descendants of SLYTHERINE are - ISTP

I agree with this.

INTJ in Slytherin, No No No. I consider myself certainly Clever and Intelligent and maybe, one day, wise. INTJ should be in Ravenclaw, no doubt in mind at all (well there wouldn't be would there?)

Some INTJs have very strong values. Not everyone is amoral. So, I'd say they have an equal chance of being in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. It really depends on the individual bent of the person.

Verania

MBTI Type
INFP
Ravenclaw here.

Artisans in Slytherin? ISFPs in Slytherin doesn`t seem right.

PureWhispers

Thanks for the link Mondo. I got Ravenclaw on that one (by a margin of 12, followed by Gryffindor with 10, and 8 for each of the remaining pair).

And I usually place into Ravenclaw, although I get Slytherin a fair amount too, as well as Gryffindor which I don't really buy into because I'm generally a scaredy cat. I can say with absolute certainty that I wouldn't be a Hufflepuff, though.

Synthetic Darkness

Your in-depth results are:

Slytherin - 17
Gryffindor - 10
Ravenclaw - 7
Hufflepuff - 5

Always a struggle between Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Okay, I had to start this one. They seem to sort the kiddies at Hogwarts into houses based on singular personality traits, so I was curious to see if it would be possible to allocate a house for every type. And whether that would end up with terribly lopsided numbers.

So, here we go:

Gryffindor: 'brave', 'daring', 'chivalrous' (disregard for the rules?)
ENFP, ENFJ, ESTP, ISTP

Hufflepuff: 'just', 'loyal', 'hard-working'
INFP, INFJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ

Ravenclaw: 'wise', 'clever', 'intelligent'
ENTP, INTP

Slytherin: 'cunning', 'ambitious', 'sharp'
ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ, ESFP, ISFP

Rearrange at will!

Here's mine:

Gryffindor: ESFP, ISFP, ENFP, ISTP

Slytherin: ENTJ, ESTP, ESTJ, ISTJ, ISTP

Ravenclaw: INTJ, INFJ, ENTP