• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hogwarts Houses...

thewoman1858

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Almost 90% of the time I get a Gryffindor label and I can't tell if it is because I am such or I have a preference to view myself as Gryffindor... well it is either that or Slytherin.

Gryffindor-89
Slytherin-84
Ravenclaw-66
Hufflepuff-36

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I always get Gryffindor on those sucky tests, but the mind is hufflepuff and the heart is slytherin, 4 life !

Tho typing slytherin NT is a huge leap, one I will never agree with.

R

Riva

I would most likely be Slytherin, due to my relatively healthy sense of self, a bit of arrogance, and willingness to push boundaries at others' expense in order to increase my knowledge/power/what have you.

Non of the Slytherine students showed any exceptional knowledge (except for a few) and they definitely didn't push boundaries to reach for the sky (or library I would say.)

Yes,
Voldemort did, Snape did.....

But that is such a small number compared to the history that school has.

-------------------

And what power did Slytherine students have in Harry's generation? Broke a few rules (such as make rude, unethical, racist/cast remarks). But that is no way to use as an example for a person to push boundaries to gain power.

Voldemort did, but that again is only a small example.

--------------------

An willingness to push boundaries????

What boundaries did they push other than crack racist (mood blood) jokes?

--------------------

The issue here is Slytherine house was made in reflection of Salazar slytherine. And others simply assume that when it comes to the traits you mentioned above, Slytherine is better than any other type.

I should remind you, Salazar was but Slytherin wasn't........

-----------------------

The only reason I would ever want to be in Slytherine, will be to hide behind the pure blood facade to hide from my insecurities.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Non of the Slytherine students showed any exceptional knowledge (except for a few) and they definitely didn't push boundaries to reach for the sky (or library I would say.)

Yes,
Voldemort did, Snape did.....

But that is such a small number compared to the history that school has.

-------------------

And what power did Slytherine students have in Harry's generation? Broke a few rules (such as make rude, unethical, racist/cast remarks). But that is no way to use as an example for a person to push boundaries to gain power.

Voldemort did, but that again is only a small example.

--------------------

An willingness to push boundaries????

What boundaries did they push other than crack racist (mood blood) jokes?

--------------------

The issue here is Slytherine house was made in reflection of Salazar slytherine. And others simply assume that when it comes to the traits you mentioned above, Slytherine is better than any other type.

I should remind you, Salazar was but Slytherin wasn't........

-----------------------

The only reason I would ever want to be in Slytherine, will be to hide behind the pure blood facade to hide from my insecurities.

And why wouldn't I expect myself to be exceptional? Why wouldn't I expect myself to be more along the lines of Voldemort and Snape than like those cliquish buffoons Malfoy and his cronies. They are weak men, more fit to shine the shoes of those with more...elegant aspirations. And if you're going to paint the house in such a way, I could say Hufflepuff is a house is simpleton fools; Gryffindor, a house of the hard hearted and equally hard headed, willing to flush their lives down the toilet the moment their hearts fancy; Ravenclaw, the only acceptable alternative, are more like magical historians content to read all their books than to ever lift a wand and feel the power that their minds contain.

Those who derive pleasure from being associated with greatness deserve none of it. They are just as weak as those they think they are above.

R

Riva

And why wouldn't I expect myself to be exceptional? Why wouldn't I expect myself to be more along the lines of Voldemort and Snape than like those cliquish buffoons Malfoy and his cronies.

The issue here as I pointed out earlier the house Slytherin is always been compared to its founder and some of its most significant members. As I pointed out -

Salazar Slytherin is definitely an INTJ who is the founder of the house slytherine. and he pretty obviously lived an INTJ life. - rich, AMBITIOUS, smart, loner, intuitive, powerful, secretive(chamber of secrets lol). and i am pretty sure he wanted and based his house as a mirror reflect of his life. he wanted his students to be just like him (INTJish).

but it didn't-

the house and his descendants didn't live upto his standards except for a few. such as Voldemort, Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Barty Crouch, Jr(not sure what his house his). if you read the book and i am pretty sure most of you have you will see that only a few Slytherins were mirror images of Salazar Slytherine.

the rest of them such as Igor Karkaroff, , Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle (and their fathers) etc etc were just stupid bullies (which is definitely not an INTJ trait). they were just proud of being pure bloods and put this macho, high class facade to hide themselves from the rest so that they would not be exposed to be just common wizards just like the muggle borns.

they hated the muggle-borns and considered to be inferior. but they new deep inside that at Hogwarts they were only as smart as the muggle-borns. they were nothing better than the rest.

therefor i must say that the slytherine house was based on INTJ principles (mainly ambition)

---------------------------------------

And if you're going to paint the house in such a way, I could say Hufflepuff is a house is simpleton fools; Gryffindor, a house of the hard hearted and equally hard headed, willing to flush their lives down the toilet the moment their hearts fancy; Ravenclaw, the only acceptable alternative, are more like magical historians content to read all their books than to ever lift a wand and feel the power that their minds contain.

On the contrary I was going to say that I'll rather be in Hufflepuff if knowledge is my goal (since anyone is accepted) than in Slytherin where only superiority is accepted.

And you cannot deny the fact that being big headed will not take you that far. You would not want to risk judging/analyzing yourself, finding where you should improve and ask for help thereby risking being ridiculed for not knowing.

The downfall of narcissists is their arrogance? Would they ask for help? They would never......!

Those who derive pleasure from being associated with greatness deserve none of it. They are just as weak as those they think they are above.

This is exactly what Slytherin does..

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
On the contrary I was going to say that I'll rather be in Hufflepuff if knowledge is my goal (since anyone is accepted) than in Slytherin where only superiority is accepted.

As you cannot deny the fact that being big headed will not take you that far. You would not want to risk judging/analyzing yourself, finding where you should improve and asking for help.

The downfall of narcissists is their arrogance? Why would they ask for help? They would never......!

Nonsense. You'd routinely see Riddle asking for help, capitulating to his superiors, to those who knew more than he did. It isn't weakness, a true narcissist would go nowhere. Don't confuse healthy ego, confidence, and drive for narcissism. You continue to paint the house based on its unworthy constituents rather than it's redeemable members [OOC-the book omits any positivity about Slytherin mainly as a literary device. You're supposed to hate it, she doesn't give you any reason to like it whatsoever].

This is exactly what Slytherin does..

No. It is what it's constituents do, when faced with their own insecurities. I'd agree with you that the worthless members indeed hide under the blanket of the House in order to disguise those insecurities. But the essence of the House remains what Salazar envisioned, for those who truly embody those qualities.

R

Riva

I'd agree with you that the worthless members indeed hide under the blanket of the House in order to disguise those insecurities

Isn't it easy to be swept away by your peers? And the majority of Slytherin are the cowards who hide behind their family heritage.

But the essence of the House remains what Salazar envisioned, for those who truly embody those qualities.

Good point, very very very good point....

And how could I have forgotten the fact that the sorting hat is what selects your house and it can read your inner most desires (correct me if I am wrong.)

And,

Why on earth did you forget to point that out to me? I think you Si is getting weak Jock. ;)

R

Riva

But the essence of the House remains what Salazar envisioned, for those who truly embody those qualities.

Vs

And how could I have forgotten the fact that the sorting hat is what selects your house and it can read your inner most desires (correct me if I am wrong.)

Off Topic

Isn't my point better than your point in proving your original point??

Does that prove that -

ENTPs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> INTPs??

I think yes, yes it does?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Isn't it easy to be swept away by your peers? And the majority of Slytherin are the cowards who hide behind their family heritage.

Most will, I'd say this is the case. One thing though, is that it seems the House will gravitate to the one who seems to have the most power, whether or not that power is great, good, evil, or petty. In Harry's time, it unfortunately seemed to be Malfoy, who doesn't embody a true magical power at all, but more political. If I had been there, this would not have been the case! :cheese:

Good point, very very very good point....

And,

Why on earth did you forget to point that out to me? I think you Si is getting weak Jock. ;)

Definitely! Regardless of the current political atmosphere and make-up of the Houses, the hat selects you according to those original ideals. Actually if I had my way, maybe they'd let me go in all of the Houses, and I could sleep in the kitchens ;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My mom always thought I looked like him when I was growing up. :yes:

Insanity.

I think you look more like Rudy:

rudy.jpg

reality.ensues

MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Ravenclaw = Ti (thirst for knowledge, creativity)
Gryffindor = Fi (chivalry)
Slytherin = Te (ambition, resourcefulness, leadership)
Hufflepuff = Fe (loyalty, tolerance)

^ At least, that's what I think.

My favourite house is Hufflepuff, but I seem to fit better as a Gryffindor>Ravenclaw>Hufflepuff>Slytherin.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I always get stuck with the stupid Gryffindor badge when I want a Ravenclaw badge!
I can't even convince a ridiculous Facebook App that I'm a T!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ravenclaw = Ti (thirst for knowledge, creativity)
Gryffindor = Fi (chivalry)
Slytherin = Te (ambition, resourcefulness, leadership)
Hufflepuff = Fe (loyalty, tolerance)

^ At least, that's what I think.

My favourite house is Hufflepuff, but I seem to fit better as a Gryffindor>Ravenclaw>Hufflepuff>Slytherin.

I agree. I took those house tests on facebook, always got Slytherin, which is also my favorite house, so it all works out. It makes more sense than ENTPs having Ravenclaw as first choice, although it would be my second. I'd say Slytherin>Ravenclaw>Gryffindor>Hufflepuff :yes:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
lol i got ravenclaw

though i identify better w/ slytherin

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ravenclaw, Becthes! And I did all the tests mentioned on this thread.
Not Hufflepuff for this INFP.